Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I inject the Deathwish directly into my veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Xtanstic posted:

everyone has been slowly undercutting everyone.

Welcome to like every Steam market thing ever. I'm sitting on two stat boost Thanatos skins that aren't loving selling because people keep undercutting in hopes that someone eventually bites.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I managed to hock a stat boost Tiger Hazard for $5 after getting it for 50 cents during the time when market listings were broken and lumped everything of one skin type together, but that was largely luck. Someone on my friends list sold their mint condition R93 from the COP for a good amount of money though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

As someone who got the worst possible Completely Overkill Pack "prize", yeah I am pretty disappointed. More disappointed than angry, but some of both.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The solution they're floating around is to give us more Completely Overkill safes but this time with guaranteed mint condition quality. Can't wait to roll two more Plainsrider bows!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

Let me tell you about Yggdrasil. It's only on one side of the gun, and it's not the one you see in the lobby.

So the opposite of how "May Cause Harm" on the Fair Warning RPG is only visible in the lobby but not in-game. Ha.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

AK/CAR pack lost a lot of value in the re-balance IMO. The DMR kits used to be ace (as far as DMR kits go) but the base game's M308 is the best one by far these days, and the unique AK suppressor is no longer the best option as opposed to the Bigger the Better suppressor in the base game. Of the lot, probably the worst value would be the Chivalry and Western packs; arguably the Ninja pack too unless they dial back the Lebensauger nerf at any point. I would say the character packs too to a certain extent. They're all fun to play as (except bland rear end Crime Uncle Dragan) but you either get a useless deck or useless gun as part of it. That said, it all looks cheap enough that you might as well buy everything.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

rapfan90 posted:

The rest of this post was truth, but for anyone who already has the DLC, a properly modded AMR DMR (including, unfortunately a couple of achievement locked items) beats the M308 in everything but acc concealment and threat. So the AMR is still pretty fuckin ace. edit: I don't have the jaeger body, but that would bring the stability to 48, the AMR still just edges it out.

Not in any ways that really matter. You're essentially trading better stability and accuracy for a larger magazine and a worse ammo pickup rate. The base damage is high enough that the firerate doesn't matter; you're destroying Deathwish Dozers with a single magazine using either gun and you wouldn't be using automatic fire on anything less to begin with. Also the damage increase is completely insignificant; both need Underdog basic to hit the next damage breakpoint.

Pre-Crimefest rebalance, the M308 was the clear loser because it couldn't hit maximum accuracy without locking to single-fire, and had less ammo than any rifle with the AK/CAR pack DMR kit attached. It's a side-grade at best; a side effect of stat normalization also making DLC less desirable.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 26, 2015

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around what a "tournament version" of slaughterhouse would look like. Presumably they'd flatten the variance on some of the scripted spawns, like the hallway bulldozers. But would it always have the same escape route? Would they default it to turret spawn and no Winters (despite Winters arrival also activating other scripted spawns in the escape)? Will they remove the randomization of container contents, which are the core of an effective DW strategy in the yard?

It would be really, really hard for this to be even remotely fair between teams and attempts, especially on DW.

I think the only thing that would really make or break the map as far as time goes is whether you get the turret or Winters, so presumably they'll remove the variance on that.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Is it Deathvox becoming a reality? I just assumed that we're getting another contractor.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You know since Crimefest 2 happened and all the shitposting around that, we haven't had one of those in a while.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm not the only person who finds it completely bizarre that pubs try to play Slaughterhouse Deathwish PD1 style, right? By that I mean they try to all camp behind the conveyor belt closest to the safe with their backs to the wall only to get bum-rushed to death because it takes a crazy amount of damage output to hold off 3 cop spawns all shooting at you from different angles.

Where Bonnie is in this picture, for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 28, 2015

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I can't tell if you're being serious. Like if you're going to cover someone fixing the drill or something I guess that's a spot you can use but I can't see anyone sitting there the whole time, let alone the whole team. I've joined like 4 different DW lobbies today trying to do it and they all fail miserably holding that spot, and meanwhile I'm not there and also not dying horribly.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Plan Z posted:

40 doesn't mean as much as it used to. Before perk decks, it was the breakpoint to one-headshot greens, and two-head tans. Now everyone with a perk deck gets the headshot bonus multiplier so some miniscule number is the new one for greens, and some 38 or 39 point-whatever number is the one for tans. Realistically, getting your damage up really only matters for some shotguns rare situations with sniper rifles, or if you're doing Deathwish these days.

Lots of people like to chat numbers and that's cool, but if someone tells you a gun is useless or you shouldn't firing it while moving or from the hip(barring semi-auto shotties), then they're bad at shooters and try to make up for it number-shaming.

40 always meant "one shots greens" without the technician bonus. 50 (49.75) used to be the two head tans. Now 40 (39.9) means two head tans and 32 (31.x) for one shot greens when everyone gets the technician bonus through perk decks. This is all on Overkill.

For Deathwish you still want 39.9 for good ammo efficiency but most guns that don't hit it have firerates in the 4 digits so it literally doesn't matter; just fire for half a second longer to confirm your kills.

Here, in handy chart form the numbers you need to sperg over.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

isndl posted:

I disagree with the idea that it "literally doesn't matter". Hitting a breakpoint is vital for ammo management and efficiency; you can work around it with good play, but you're effectively doubling the size of your ammo pool when you're killing with half as many bullets.

Are you telling me that you count shots on Deathwish, especially for guns that with ~1000 RPM like the Buzzsaw, Clarion, Valkyria, Blaster, etc? Because those are the majority of guns that either can't hit 39.9 at all, reach 39.9 very awful accuracy, or require deep investment in the Ghost tree to hit 39.9. The only real outliers are the JP36 and Commando, both of which have fire rates sitting around 700 which don't do them any favours. Actually, the AMCAR too, but why would you ever use it unless you're handicapping yourself on purpose.

You literally cannot go under 39.9 on, I'd say, 95% of the weapons in the game since the stat normalization.

chairface posted:

Yeah I came into this after Death Wish got easier cuz of perk decks, DLC guns etc but outside of "nobody brought ammo bags, really?" or some FNG grabbing bullets like they're candy while pissing em away by spraying wildly, I've never felt like ammo was the big limiting factor. I mean it happens but ammo efficiency/optimization is so much less important than people being able to click on cops and/or loading out your consumables sensibly as a group.

Having at least one person bringing a machinegun effectively means that person doesn't need to rely on the ammo bags as much since they get ridiculous pickup now. I would say it's probably more of a limiting factor now than before since the pickup rates have gone from 2.7%-6.75% (after accounting for Walk-In Closet) to 2.7%-4.05%. Once the beta changes go final everybody will see an increased pickup closer to pre-Crimefest 2015 levels.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 28, 2015

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

isndl posted:

Yeah I count shots, but not for those high RPM guns because I simply don't bring them to Deathwish. The more efficient I am with ammo the more that is available for the rest of the crew, whether it's ammo bags or ammo boxes. Deathwish has longer days and discourages ammo runs, so using less ammo has a huge impact on overall crew success. Some crews don't need that buffer and that's great, but I've played with both good crews and bad crews.

The stat normalization does makes hitting 40 much easier on most guns, but that's often at the tradeoff of other stats. A lot of them still aren't worth using on DW by my standards. :shrug:

Well then I don't know what guns you would even be talking about that don't hit 39.9 then because everything else literally has a base damage of at least 38 which, by having a perk deck even halfway levelled, puts you at 39.9 without any mods attached. Damage mods barely do anything to the point that the trade-off is now always between accuracy and stability. I literally cannot give up any more damage to make my CAR-4 shoot straighter; it has a minimum of like 43 damage since a bunch of +accuracy mods also add like +1 damage.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

speak not the dread name SLUGGATOR in this thread

I wonder what you would think of this mod

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

A bad mod.

I counter that with this

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wastrel_ posted:

The pub stove sure was burning hot tonight. One hour or so of playtime, grand total of one heist completed.

Highlights amongst a horrific litany of mistakes, disconnects, being kicked and of course blatant cheaters (all on DW):

- Pubby fires unsilenced gun in stealth run of diamond store.
- Level 33 guy shoots guard then walks up to window on 2nd floor of diamond store, is inevitably seen and triggers alarm.
- Diamond store successfully ECM-rushed, I pick up keycard to disable alarm, pubby breaks alarmed glass before I do.
- Pubby disconnects from call for no apparent reason on bank heist, alarm is triggered.

So much for a relaxing evening of easy cash from the most stealthable heists!

As someone who regularly stove touches loud Deathwish (and could probably spam this thread with stories), even I completely avoid stealth. Usually the folks who need the stealth help badly enough to make it a public lobby are really awful and also very new to stealth. The only exception seems to be Trustee Bank; that job is easy enough that only the freshest of newbies gently caress them up, and literally every single Trustee Bank lobby you will find is a stealth one. Also, as mentioned by mas, the caveats about latency, of course.150 ping is pretty bad for any sort of stealth, but it's very playable for loud. 300-400 ping is when that poo poo starts to get unplayable: cops shoot you before they appear/you can react, Cloaker hitboxes are broken and Saigadozers are even bigger piles of bullshit than they would normally be.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Plan Z posted:

The feature from MGS5 I want most in every game, the bugged weapon customization, may be coming to PD2.

http://imgur.com/a/KOVUk

Can't wait to have my RPG fire 200 rounds like a machine gun.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

weekly font posted:

It's almost certainly gonna be the remake Bodhi just fyi.

At least I'm not paying money for not-Swayze.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

Wait, they're remaking point break?

Yeah. I'm usually not one to get worked up over remakes (not even Robocop like a lot of people did), but this one looks particularly boring.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's actually really, really funny how angry these people are over the single sentence "Thanks to the Black Market update." I don't give a gently caress about not-Swayze but people have been asking for a free sniper rifle forever and we're getting one. Now all we need to round it out is a free grenade, because those throwing cards are hot garbage. The maps are like, whatever, they've always been not the greatest value if you didn't like whatever masks or gun they came packaged with.

Here's a breakdown of what's coming, courtesy of the Starbreeze press release.

quote:

POINT BREAK DLC – $6.99

2 new heists – Beneath the Mountain & Birth of Sky
10 new achievements – 5 for each heist
A new pistol secondary weapon
Four melee weapons
6 new songs added- 2 all-new heist themes composed Simon Viklund, and 4 menu themes from the Point Break soundtrack – http://smarturl.it/PointBreak.
New contact – Locke
4 masks

Bodhi Character Pack DLC – FREE

Bodhi – a new playable character
A new sniper rifle primary weapon
A new melee weapon
A new perk deck featuring 9 perks
2 new masks

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I already go pubbing with skins on and I rarely get kicked, but when I do it's usually the instant I join the lobby. Only one time, I got kicked at the end of a heist as we finished and boy that was really petty and stupid.

I just can't wait to be the kick target trifecta of being Bodhi, 25-100 and using a paid skin but speaking from experience it's entirely overblown just like every other childish boycott that isn't "stop playing the game."

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Probably because neither of those are upcoming movie releases.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

The BBQ pack is the single greatest piece of DLC that isn't in the GOTY bundle. The flamethrower is the best weapon in the game and has only gotten better with the crimefest rebalance.

The Piglet got a huge buff too since they made its accuracy near perfect. Really the only loser in the new meta is now the Steakout, which got better in the beta but they still need to tweak it more.

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, with LMGs finally having a true defined purpose of bipod down and hold a point, I'd say the MG42 Buzzsaw is the King of LMGs with its focused DPS.

It is. The only thing we've really lost is the ease with which you can hose down a Dozer's face at point blank due to the massive recoil that every LMG has when not deployed with a bipod. The Mosin Nagant is as good as it ever was, and the C96 was never really that good to begin with. The Patchett got destroyed in the new balance though.

I hope the new sniper rifle is not just a Rattlesnake clone but it might be going from the similar model, animations and re-used sound effects.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

I really hope the new sniper is in the same tier with the Nagant and R96. I don't need another worthless bolt-action light sniper.

The Repeater is still pretty decent if you install the BLT mod that fixes its ironsights. Shame about the Lebensauger though, and the Rattlesnake is a joke even with its boosted damage.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So looks like they just made the initial beta changes live with a promise of another beta in "early 2016" :effort:

Also I went to the trouble of formatting the changelogs but gently caress it I was beaten

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The other ones come with the map pack. The utility knife is the free one with Bodhi.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Making Disturbing the Peace a flat 20% chance for all weapon types was a bit much. I don't disagree with giving that ability to all weapons though.

The maps themselves are great. Every map that was a collaboration has actually been really good (Hotline Miami, Alesso) to be honest.

Anyone else feel like the game turns on an infinite assault wave during the airlock part of the mountain heist?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

The damage buff is extremely modest and the only two shotguns affected by the pellet boost are the joceline and the predator. The damage numbers for the saiga and steakout are pathetic.

This shotgun rebalance does very little to fix what crimefest broke.

Have you used them or are you going off of what others have said? The damage buff is far too low but the range normalization did a lot to help autoshotguns. Ideally they would buff them further so 000 buck was not a requirement, and scrap those idiotic hipfire multipliers.

Oh and the normalization is 10 to 30 metres (Joc/Mosconi range) for every shotgun.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

They're still just not worth it against the other weapons available to you, is the problem. Autoshotguns require the most skillpoints of any weapon in the game and offer the least rewards. That's compared to other primary shotguns and compared to other primaries at all. Like, sure, they keep addressing peripheral issues (range normalization) but they refuse to acknowledge the core problem whatsoever. Great, it's a highly polished bad choice.

In the main, Cheeto's point is still correct. For all the changes they're making, none of them address the core fault - so those changes are, relatively, doing very little.

The skill points thing is a problem with shotguns as a whole (and also the dual issue of pistols requiring no point investment, period) unless you use them strictly for HE. I haven't changed my Enforcer tree spec at least but I know people who have specced out of shotguns entirely and just run Deagles. I can't be bothered to find the thread now but there was some Reddit post where they explained the reasoning behind their shotgun changes: people were using them as high damage single target weapons, and they wanted to go for a lower damage sort of crowd control weapon with shotguns. It would kind of explain why they made the accuracy so pitiful, but they just don't play very well that way. At any rate, now that LMGs and Muscle are certifiably good I have a new thing to harp on as "not as bad as everyone says they are". :v:

vv I'm not sure but we had 2 people running around opening vaults while 2 of us were guarding the computers controlling the vaults, and I think it only popped once they'd opened every vault after all the hacks.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That reminds me I need to try a heist with everyone on the team using Miniguns and the new Muscle. The minigun already did crazy amounts of panic before the inexplicably buffed the chance of it occurring.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

First you need to find a crowbar to use to break into cars.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

These are great Death Vox ideas, but I'll do you one better: Remember those ATMs you have to go past on the street? Crowbar in one of the side utility rooms (not marked, cloaker ambush), then head all the way back and crack it open. There are 2 ATMs- the first one you open doesn't have any ones in it. You will all get credit in the revised design doc.

Does this mean that ECMs will unironically be a good idea now on Hoxbreak day 1? You just made countless pubbies very happy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Imagine thinking Swan Song is a bad skill. Imagine sharing the same opinion of that skill as Reddit.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Regenerating health is just absurdly useful. Health used to be a coveted resource, and it's no wonder DW used to be considered incredibly difficult: after one down, you were basically resigned to playing at 10% health until you needed to hit the medic bag. Between FAKs, Muscle, Grinder, and Gambler, though, health is basically the new armor. For Rogues, using health as armor and topping off with FAKs makes sense, but the continued influx of ways to regenerate your health without expending resources has probably really heavily tipped the balance.

That was back when speccing into Aced Berserker actually made sense, since you were already being pushed into that range anyway and having to ration doctor bags meant you might as well increase your damage output. It also forced you to learn how to move around maps smartly. The introduction of FAKs alone made health management way easier, and then Gambler came along. Everything else since is just tipping the scales way in our favour.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 8, 2015

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Micro Uzi is pretty good now. All it needed before was just way more spare ammo, which it has in spades. The damage normalization pushing it closer to 39.9 was just a bonus.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

I have a grinder inspire/suppressor build which is superior in my opinion because you get Inspire+farts (medbag deployable), but if you want ICTV, Inspire, and silencer skills you should look into Pirate Perfection :v:

With the LMGs being incredibly good these days it's both fun and effective. Take a Buzzsaw.

Gonna second this. A silenced Buzzsaw is pretty much what I use for such a build, along with the RPG (because why the gently caress not?) when I'm not dicking around with silenced light ARs.

Tulip posted:

What's the selling point on the buzzsaw?

It has the highest firerate and ammo pickup, countered by having rather harsh recoil outside of bipods and a long reload without any option of a tactical reload (6.5 seconds IIRC, which puts it closer to the Minigun than any other LMG). It also looks cool as hell and you get the irony of mowing down fascist cops with a Nazi weapon.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Klaus88 posted:

Default escape Big Bank was quite an experience. :shepface:

Never again.

Please, if I can do it with pubs it should be no problem for goon groups.

C4 escape can go gently caress itself however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Your LMG obsession finally ruins you

C4 escape is fine if you have one person with a vaguely accurate weapon. It's better than the default one, though this isn't saying much.

Playing sniper wack-a-mole with how frequent the spawns are on C4 escape is less fun. Also it wasn't that hard to counter-snipe with the old LMGs; it's easier now that bipods exist. I wonder if I can get pubs to do C4 escape to test that... :v: