Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

The solution they're floating around is to give us more Completely Overkill safes but this time with guaranteed mint condition quality. Can't wait to roll two more Plainsrider bows!
That's really the problem isn't it? There are contents that are designed to be more desirable than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

desirable: adjective: Getting any skin for any gun that is not a Clarion. Example: "It is desirable to get a skin for a gun you actually use"
Let me tell you about Yggdrasil. It's only on one side of the gun, and it's not the one you see in the lobby.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Following on from yesterday's talk: Ashley's in a newer position of trust.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

A lot of true things were said in italics.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The answer is: Why haven't you already done so?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Wilko posted:

One of their suggestions was having modded players and unmodded players being separated into two player pools with no cross-over.

Wilko posted:

I set up the BLT and PaydayMods site as it own thing instead and "split the community"

quote:

One of their suggestions was having [...] players separated

quote:

I [...] "split the community"

What.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Are you using the beta? Practically no one else is.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The OVERKILL pack comes with a rocket launcher.
The Butcher's BBQ pack comes with a flamethrower and molotovs.
Sokol comes with a crazy powerful deck.
Dragan comes with a very good deck for stabbing people.
The heists let you host them. (Are you hosting?)

So sure, get the lot.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

For those pro Payday 2 nerds in and around Sweden, time to git gud at Slaughterhouse.

http://dreamhack.se/dhw15/2015/11/26/byoc-tournaments-in-payday-2/

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

isndl posted:

Wonder if the tournament build just puts you at V-100 and has all DLC/decks/weapons/mods unlocked automatically. On the other hand, a base game only tournament would lead to some hilarity.
It's not like you need DLC to get good performance out of the M308 and the Deagle, although having the scope mount does help.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The excuse for Vox's own bullshit difficulty tweak - Death Vox - was that someone who may or may not have been the taxman broke into Crime.net and was actively setting extra things up to counter the Payday gang.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It used to be that 18 accuracy and 25 stability were the best you could get without skills - and the skills didn't exactly work as advertised. 18 accuracy did what 90 accuracy does and 25 stability did what 100 stability does. The hard limit on both stats is 100, and very few weapons can meaningfully hit both - most don't approach either.

Accuracy translates to a 0.0 - 2.0 multiplier to a recoil value based on whether you're moving, crouching and/or ironsighting and what gun you're using. 100 accuracy has no spread.
Stability translates to a 0.5 - 3.0 multiplier to the maximum and minimum recoil values that are based on the gun you're using.

Single-shot weapons want accuracy a lot more than they want stability, since recoil is mostly dealt with by shooting a little slower.
Rapid-fire weapons want stability really badly, since you want the gun to at least stay pointed in the right direction when you're trying to hose a bulldozer's face. Accuracy is a bonus.

At the bottom of Weapon Stats - Basic Concepts in the Long Guide there are sections on Recoil and Spread. It'll go into more detail.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What's the 40 damage break point? Don't DW with a weapon under 40?
It's the point where tan cops take exactly two headshots to die on Overkill without other damage boosting skills being active, like Overkill, Underdog or Combat Medic. 40 doesn't really apply to DW since cops have more health and the headshot damage needed is disproportionately larger.

Weapon Stats - Breakpoints and Shots to Kill in the Long Guide goes into a lot more detail and has a huge list of breakpoints for killing cops with exact numbers of headshots for DW and not-DW.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Stealth solo. Group stealth is just so intense becausey ou never know when someone's going to screw up and you hope it isn't you.

New achievements: "It's a" "Hot Day" "My Friend, "To Burden", "Your" "Horse" "With" "Such a" "Heavy" "Purse"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The first time you do safehouse gives you experience. Very, very low experience.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

If you're really good, you can do it in a Gensec-protected Nightclub. No pagers, but plenty to hide from the cameras.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

When, on the last day of Proverkill Firestarter, someone says stealth and we've all got suits and silenced weapons, I don't need no stinking Grinder deck to stay alive. Not bringing the poison bow might help, though.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's easy enough to copy as is:

Changelog 91 posted:

The Point Break Heists DLC

2 new heists – Beneath the Mountain & Birth of Sky
10 new achievements – 5 for each heist
A new pistol secondary weapon
Four melee weapons
6 new songs added- 2 all-new heist themes composed by Simon Viklund, and 4 menu. themes from the Point Break soundtrack – http://smarturl.it/PointBreak
New contact – Locke
4 masks, materials and patterns

The Bodhi Character Pack

Bodhi – a new playable character
A new sniper rifle primary weapon
A new melee weapon
A new perk deck featuring 9 perks
2 new masks

Weapons

The current weapon balance beta has now ended. Thanks to everyone who participated, there is still more work to be done however. The next step is to continue discussing the weapon balance with the community and set up another beta in early 2016.

Weapon Changes - Assault Rifles

All Assault Rifles have had their accuracy increased by 8

Weapon Changes - Pistols

STRYK 18 Pistol: Damage from 38 to 35
Chimano 88 Pistol: Damage from 38 to 35
Deagle Pistol: Damage from 160 to 145
Crosskill Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Bernetti 9 Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
Bronco .44 Revolver: Damage from 190 to 175
Interceptor 45 Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Chimano Custom Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Gruber Kurz Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
Signature .40 Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Chimano Compact Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
Broomstick Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
LEO Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Peacemaker .45 Revolver: Damage from 195 to 180
Matever .357: Damage from 195 to 180

General Weapon Changes

All weapons have had their ammo pick up rate increased. Weapons with a high total ammo will benefit most from this change

Weapon Changes - Shotguns

M1014 Shotgun: Damage from 30 to 40
Predator 12G Shotgun: Damage from 30 to 40
Izhma 12G Shotgun: Damage from 23 to 33
Steakout 12G Shotgun: Damage from 23 to 33
Street Sweeper Shotgun: Damage from 23 to 33

Perk and Skill Changes

Gunslinger: Akimbo Pistols will now benefit from the skill in the same way as pistols. Akimbo Pistols damage from 7.5 to 15
Disturbing the Peace: The panic effect can now be triggered by all weapons

Weapon Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where some shotguns didn’t fire all 12 pellets
Fixed an issue where the projectile fall off by some shotguns was too severe
Normalized the projectile fall off difference among all shotguns
Fixed an issue where the Accuracy bonus from crouching and aiming down sight didn’t apply properly

Sound

Added more voice lines for Dallas*
Added more voice lines for Hoxton*
Added more voice lines for Houston*
Added more voice lines for Chains*
Added more voice lines for Clover*
Added more voice lines for Bonnie*
Added more voice lines for John Wick*
Added more voice lines for Jacket*
Added more voice lines for Sokol*
Added more voice lines for Jiro*
Added more voice lines for Dragan*
Added more robber lines in First World Bank*
Added more robber lines in Slaughterhouse*

* Please note: this is a partial addition from the “Big VO update” that we are continuously adding to the game.
Slaughterhouse Heist

Moved some containers and props in the escape to avoid players getting stuck while opening them
Fixed two graph issues in open containers in the container yard, they can now be randomly closed
Moved a coat hanger that you could get stuck on
Fixed an issue with cloaker spawn
Fixed a few portal issues

Vehicles

Added an option to change the camera view in vehicles for the driver by clicking the right mouse button while driving a vehicle
Added an ‘edit keys option’ for vehicles

Aftershock Heist

Fixed performance issues on the heist
Fixed an error in the heist description

First World Bank Heist

In stealth, manager detects you,but heist doesn't go loud
Magnetic lock computer can be hacked through wall
Fixed missaligned spotlights
Sniper on the right side could shoot through roof
Crash when dropping of loot in the vent
Dominating the camera security guard in the first area will not disable the cams

Level Experience Rework

Experience is rewarded for each day instead of after the contract is completed. The experience reward system has been reworked on the following heists:

Hoxton Revenge
Big Oil
GO Bank
Framing Frame
Art Gallery
Diamond Store
Hoxton Breakout
Hotline Miami

Other

Fixed an issue where stamina would not regenerate while looking through a camera
Fixed an issue where damage skills would not work properly while being tased
Fixed an issue with a crash related to Captain Winters entering the heist
Fixed an issue with Chains VO volume for his inspire lines

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

On the off chance anyone cares about Ex-President's HP storage, it can be worked out as: ROUND((230 - Unmodified Armour)/7.5) * 5. Multiply by 1.5 if you have Life of Ice.

Source: The figures, a notepad and a calculator.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Complete override by way of it starting at -50

e:f;b

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Goredema posted:

Wow, no comments on my weird, potentially lovely Fugimind idea that skips dodge entirely? I thought you guys would flip out!
If you insist:
Why do you have Ace Spotter?
Why do you have Ace Duck and Cover when you can't possibly dodge?
Why do you have no upgraded deployables?
Ace Gunslinger got obsoleted by the rebalance and the re-rebalance didn't change that.
I don't think the damage from the Flash Hider is worth losing accuracy over.

Furious Mittens posted:

Steam name is the same as on here.
Is this you? We don't want to invite the wrong person by accident.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Furious Mittens posted:

So I installed GoonMod. What are some of the key functionalities that I, as a new PayDay2 player, need to have enabled?
Inventory Extensions, Gage's Mod Shop, Gage Coins. Maybe Ironsight Normalised Sensitivity too.

quote:

Also - a question about unlocking gun modifications. How exactly does it work? I know that some drop from the cards and some are tied to achievements, but what exactly is the process for unlocking mods? I would like to unlock some for the weapons I use primarily, but I can't find a clear answer as to how to make that happen.
Where card drops are concerned, the process is: Blind luck and brute force repetition. Or Gage Coins.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

if you miss/like any of the meme masks you are scum
I am scum that had a Baitface with a Cash Money God is my Judge applied and showed off my lovely gun skins a lot.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They took away Baitface, because copyright.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Nothing but toast when I did it.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

That's an odd way of spelling Burning Sunset
You're a monster.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Psion posted:

I'm going to assume this update broke the hell out of Goonmod / customizer because it's adding a new stat option in the menus?
I'm not noticing any problems. Weapon Customiser just happily lists my Baby Deagle's concealment boost (bought with 1 gage coin) as a thing to paint all over, not that it does anything.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Localisation for English is a litttle... flawed. Looks kinda like this:

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Dec 18, 2015

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

All the monthly jobs as well as We Do It Live have been changed. Instead of using the HBV, we're to use suits. I guess this is to fix some confusion with armor bags? I'm not sure why else they would do it otherwise.
It must be. Many people didn't even know that you wear a suit at the start when you take the armour bag.

It's taken away the only reason I'd ever use Ex-President and I think that is quite sad.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 18, 2015

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I ran the flamethrower version just now. I cooked dozers.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

watho posted:

Does the flamethrower actually deal extra damage on crits? Doesn't it have a headshot multiplier of 1?
It gets more damage on crits. It's why it was so effective against dozers.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I wouldn't have thought there'd be much interest in it, aside from goons already playing Payday 2 watching for prostrats. I could be and hope to be wrong.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

- Focus on filling out one perk deck completely to start before expanding into other ones. Muscle is a good one to start with, since it's strong, useful in nearly every loud situation and easy to use.
Because Lobby Player Info makes me see players with empty Crew Chief a lot:

- Build up your perk deck immediately after gaining any XP. Every single one of them has a +25% headshot damage bonus as the second perk and every single one of them has a +45% XP bonus as the fourth. Make sure you've equipped it, too.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

7 here. 5 Sputniks, 1 Dallas, 1 Bodhi.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Why do people insist on sneaking in online Shadow Raid?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

A triggered pager.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Two more COP masks revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWK7CfCYiXA

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Thanks for Crowd Control and Cutting the Red Wire just before it. The wait begins again.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Ruining the Kawaii mask took us no time at all:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

So, uhh... who's actually going to spend 6 points on Spotter Basic?

I like how Endurance Ace and Control Freak Basic only cost 2 points in total under this new system.

Dr Cheeto posted:

You need to ace Combat Medic to get to Inspire ace. Beserker builds get hosed (presumably).
You do? They still exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Oh. I see how that works now.

...I can live without Spotter.