Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Vox pd2 will never be undertale im sorry you had to find out this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dr Cheeto posted:

No Mega Kawaii mask? This is horseshit!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

This except War Face & the chance to buy the COP again.

These two masks right here ugh

Also i was hoping they'd put the COP out there again, to see whining from people who don't play the game and people who have COP already and shouldnt give a gently caress

E: actually the worst thing about the community is their bad taste in masks, the ones they picked are good but don't beat literal anime and the arguable best mask in the game

Fellis fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 5, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

RandallODim posted:

it's a secondary

Let me sing you the song of my people

ploop BOOM ploop, ploop BOOM BOOM

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Please do not think poorly of my friend, twitter user @garish_night, for expressing ill will towards him is THOUGHTCRIME and HIGHLY ILLEGAL

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

The forklift lays on its side, its loot being shredded in the withering gunfire, flailing its wheels trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help Averox. But you're not helping. Why is that Averox? Why aren't you helping?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I still play vanilla when goonmod breaks and i'm too lazy to fix it

Then i run a sniper rifle and i get it back in within seconds

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Edit: also I heard you used the cinematic camera mod to spy on guards during Train Stealth or something. Not that it matters all that much, just throwing it out there.

Dang we havent had a pd2 cheating thread callout in forever!!! Old times, old times

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

RandallODim posted:

This is the most activity this thread has seen in weeks.

I hacked my first five Infamies, what're you gonna do about that????

There was some goony goon who kicked anyone above infamy 1 for awhile because they were cheating when infamy dropped. Unfortunately this was back when the game was a terrible grind and everyone reset infamy, but then wanted to play deathwish which was pretty much max level only.

They ended up stoving a lot and trying to name and shame ~goon cheaters~ in group chat and mumble.

John Murdoch posted:

I think the last one was only a few months ago, tops, actually.

Still not the golden days of people running around with every skill aced, though.

Yeah i dont actually remember, but its not the funny ones like the dude who didnt realize he had control freak aced because he had all skills hacked and tried to report an accidental nightclub stealth as a bug in this thread

Fellis fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 24, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Its cool man you can call vox a filthy cheater. He cheated in most of his deathwish cheevs using the codes iddqsykic, idkfcoolguye, and idclipfight

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Should have a 1/4 chance of hoxton losing patience with his own breakout and causing the heist to go loud during the 2nd stage of the hack

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Holy poo poo

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The SMG almost looks like it can be fired forward or backward.

Da is okay russia gun, but ver is Bizon? Groza?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I think part of Vox's nerf boner for the RPG is that he believes it constrains the design for new enemy special types because no matter how threatening or interesting they are. He's not wrong in that, having some special that shoots tear gas grenades at your holdout spot (or whatever fixes the problematic player behavior that trivializes his heist on the tomb of horrors), is easily fixed by "shoot a bloody rocket at it".

Vox have you considered that it's okay for the players to have the weapon that trivializes specials, and it doesn't really hamper the design of new ones? In other games like card games (specifically hearthstone threads which are terrible don't read them) people theorycraft cards and a typical criticism is "dies to removal" (a card that kills another card) and that criticism isn't treated as valid because every card in your deck dies to removal, but the opponent has limited resources and doesn't always have the card in hand.

In PD2, the RPG is a lot less limited than in a card game, but there still are limitations (reload in particular). These can all be mitigated by taking more RPGs into the heist, but that also carries its own opportunity cost. Also, having another special I want to rocket instantly means there are less rockets to shoot at other specials and more time those specials get to live before I shoot them. In practice, this usually isn't a concern with increasing player skill, but most teams aren't comprised of 4x 1000+ hour players who are coordinating in voice chat.

I think the opportunity cost of the RPG is much higher nowadays also, there are a few primaries that don't mesh well with RPG (flamethrower grinder) and there are some really good secondaries. I think you can design new enemies or heist features without having to worry about the dies-to-rocket problem, because the rocket solution is a player choice and as many have chimed in, taking that choice away makes people angry.

I do think the RPG could be touched lightly, maybe decrease the ammo count to 3/4 fully loaded, but otherwise as people have said before: its a fun weapon and it is satisfying to blow a dozer/shieldwall the gently caress up and that shouldn't be messed with too much.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 29, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

swims posted:

Just tie rpg to a tech skill or a perk deck.

it's DLC that really isn't a solution

Also i wanted to add, I haven't used an RPG in months because grinder + fire weapons is great and health regen in this game is way more busted (as lucifer morningstar said before i think). I can't even remember this game before health regen, i think cupcakes were really good then?!?!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

*walks into bank*

*glances around nervously*

this but seeing police in washington D.C.

where do i get this mod pack

also i never knew that the hit and damage indicators in mspaint hud were replaced too lol

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

the cloaker captain will be called captain falls or i will have choice words with overkill

Captain fellas

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Psion posted:

you want it to be Captain Fellis, admit it

yes that's what i said captain fellas

can't you tell my swedish accent :v:

I was trying to find a clip of bain saying fellas but i already scrubbed through this quote vid once without finding it ugh

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Psion posted:

A-team characters have a 100% chance to proc disturbing the peace, but their weapons do 0 damage

e: hey Wilko can you make this a mutator? Unlimited ammo, 0 damage, 100% DTP chance

+10000% explosive damage but like only a few times we dont really have the budget for it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

get ready for TWO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Hot take: turret builds are good and DW-viable

:getin:

Psion posted:

when Lord Saiga of Death Mountain is in someone else's hand covering for your shameful turrets, yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu6NRgf4faM&t=25s

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Somewhere in the explosives skill tree (no change in points invested) should be 50% faster reload with things that go boom incl HE shotgun (stacks with shotgun reload) and HE arrows/crossbow bolts. Also explosive resistance for danger close operations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Drones being some sort of "mark all guards/specials for x seconds" would be cool and useful on some maps

E: misread, it'll be part of a heist i guess?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

It seems like every time Overkill drops a patch someone asks if they increased special spawn rates.

Ptsd from the good ol days when they hosed it up every other patch. There are screenshots of people (sykic) with 150+ special kills on a full cook rats

Fellis fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 12, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Plan Z posted:

Favorite patch fuckup: When specials had this aggression cascade to the point where they would meld into a cop pile with shields and try to run you over in the days before grenades or any shield-killing weapons.

Sykic posted:

By "good ol days" he probably means before the grenade launchers, probably around the time of the LMG or Sniper DLCs. We didn't even have Cloakers back then!

These things are what I meant. Sykic dug up a screenshot where he's using the IZHMA, P90, and C4 because techforcer builds were the One True Build then and C4 would one shot dozers within a certain radius.

Actually while we're reminiscing, I think our old deathwish team comp was like:
1 techforcer with mag plus ace and IZHMA for ammo pickup sustain
1 techforcer with bulletproof ace for team sustain (no regen health back then, armor only)
1 masterforcer with double doc, inspire ace, shieldbash
1 masterforcer/techforcer flex spot, usually techforcer

2 double stuff'd ammo, 1 C4 or ammo, 1 double stuf'd doc

Shields were usually dealt with by having some sort of flanking position or shieldbash!!! (holy poo poo has that skill decreased in value). Dozers were dealt with by carefully pinging them from a distance if possible or using a grenade stun + facemelt.
Secondary of choice was P90 or Loco
Primary was the holy trinity: Car-4, KSP, IZHMA

Its crazy to me that we only ran one inspire, pre nerf too when the range was 10m, but the thing with deathwish then was that without health regen you really had to take cover and move slow. Downs were usually more incidental or due to a dozer push where inspire didn't help you, instead of now when downs are usually due to someone overextending or being an idiot. Also there's no reason to invest in technician without the tier bonus so there's no reason to climb the tree further for the good stuff, thus more people just roll masterforcer.

I've been playing this trash pay 2 win game for almost 3 years now, AMA :corsair:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

The main menu open beta is garbage IMHO, don't bother with it.

Congrats it's optional! http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/877446168733420567

Also no spring break community event because pissbaby pubs didn't like it for the effort Overkill put in. No free quad experience city (dj's) for us :mad: I really wanted to see how far I could slingshot from infamy 24 lvl 0 getting carried through something insane.

Also return of best gif

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Coolguye posted:

that one guy has 25 kills and an accuracy of 12%

how the gently caress.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

was 20 minutes of your regular group's pain and suffering worth it for these three words?

yes

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I am Badacus

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

You can 2-man guessing game so find another buddy who needs it and grind it out. There is a correct first cut and correct second cut, not two correct boxes, so its 1/12 you get the right combo. ~20 runs should get it accounting for stealth flubs.

Good tip: have one person stealthing and the other brings a saw to get through the doors faster. if you get spotted you can ecm to remain in stealth and just try two wires, saw the doors and run back to the van within 2 min

Source: ive gotten guessing game for 4-5 people because im a crazy person

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

oohhboy posted:

You don't need to, once you flip the second switch, the achievement pops. You just brute force it.

Incorrect

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Actually genius, you're wrong. Source: I just did the achievement & it did not unlock until I was standing in the escape zone with the server secured in the van.

Correct, and congrats! Now tell us what other awful poo poo you have to do for 100% :unsmigghh:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Fun fact, sykic and I did murphy's law and guessing game back to back one day :shepicide:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

Murphy's law is dead easy with HoxHud (although you have to get hoxhud), as hoxhud will tell you the number of spawned loot bags on the map. Continue to restart the map (on normal), until you see 0 lootbags on the indicator and then crush the map on Normal.

I did it first attempt. :kamina:

If you're going to cheat the cheev, might as well SAM it, then you don't have to install a bad hud mod

E: :can:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Joined a pubby that was doing Four Stores

I spawned, he was down on the ground, he says "meds" and fires a rocket at me. we failed.

poetry

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

weapon effectiveness in a pve game aside, is that the only dlc I should get after goty?

So many of us have owned all the dlc for so long that it's hard to remember where the lines are drawn off the top of your head. At least it is for me, especially whats actually in goty or not, and ive also written this up before.

Nothing is required but if a pack looks fun you should probably pick it up. Explosives and fire are usually more fun than the mundane bullet spewing instruments. Historical for your ww2 boner for mosins. Characters if you think they'd be cool like screaming katana wielding japanese man in a white suit.

It would probably be faster if you asked us if xyz dlc/gun/character is good. Probably all the map dlc's if you don't have a regular host with em. Goat simulator is good for instance.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

Gunspergs:

What sort of weird pump-action famas looking motherfucker shotgun is dallas using in the hardcore harry trailer?

Without looking, gonna guess NS2000

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

isndl posted:

The trailer does show that Overkill is ready to dive into the paranormal though, which they hinted at during the Diamond trailer.. Where's my Wizardry Pack, Almir?

Introducing new enemy Max Folder, the captain winters of stealth, who uses his alien artifacts to negate ECM usage until you find the info on Folder's sister hidden on the map, and cause him to leave after Bain calls him

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Love the changes to the tree, Enforcer was too good imo and some of those changes are incredible (picking up throwables, bullets staggering shields, shotgun range). We'll see where shotguns are without skills, but spending 24 points to get an incredible ammo efficient weapon is not unreasonable. Yea i know, assault rifles are already that without skills but also consider that a rifle is not a goddamned shotgun :hellyeah:

I'm looking forward to how the rest of the trees are now, build variety might actually be a thing!

Tempest_56 posted:

I also find it ironic that someone who brings double-stuffed ammo bags is going to usually be the one that needs them the least.

Yes, and its great because this is a team game and the guy who is chock full of ammo should be providing it to his crime buddies not taking it for himself.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

What kind of loving thread did I just walk into

its a thread for a 2.5 year old game, everyone still here has massive brain damage

we used to have several people who could quote from memory a 10,000 word document about the minutiae of this game

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

i meant past tense as the long guide hasn't been kept up right?

or did that guy come back after the re-balance tantrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Oh boy, here comes Shadow Raid 2: Electric Boogaloo

I hope so, shadow raid is a good stealth map solo or in groups. And i've enjoyed many a DW solo shadow raid and then letting people join on me for the payout