Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Ashley has an account but she never posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Psion posted:

Aren't CS:GO crates and TF2 crates fairly well understood, though? Is that because Valve posted how they work or people figuring it out? like back when I actually played TF2 idled for drops the system was like a clock.

It's because Valve told the public exactly how they work. At least TF2 ones, I have no idea if CS:GO ones work on the same principle.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Wait a minute

Does this mean that Jocelyne is now better than the Mosconi again?

Not really since it can't get the same spread as the Mosconi can and Jocelyne's ammo cap was reduced in the crimefest rebalance. It still edges out the Mosconi with the ammo pouch but only barely and that means you can't put on the wrist-wrecker stock.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Doesn't custom ammo still override the ammo pickup multipliers?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Geight posted:

Don't I know it. I have a friend that just hated having to take time out of their busy crime schedule to do a single silly achievement run to get a mod for a gun. Then they just started giving us all the mods, which I was fine with. Now we're back to square one and neither of us is happy!

Counterpoint: Breaking Dead.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

There aren't any weapon unlock achievements that are remotely that bad.

Breaking Dead, Not Today, Precision Aiming (pre rebalance), Artillery Barrage.

I still haven't unlocked the Theia scope.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Not remotely that bad.

I'd rather play a DW heist while wearing a certain mask and having a certain melee weapon equipped than doing either of those.

Psion posted:

I won't defend Not Today because it's bad but even pre-rebalance some of those aren't super hard. Super boring sure, yes, definitely.

Having the achievements be super boring is worse than having them be super hard though. I will never get a lot of those locked mods because I don't want to deal with the slog of unlocking them. I did it for Artillery Barrage because it's necessary if you want to run dodge with the GL40 and it was such an unfun grind.

watho fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 9, 2015

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Psion posted:

hm, I don't know. Boring just means it takes time. Hard means it might not ever happen at all no matter what you do. Given a choice I'd rather have the "it is inevitable you will get this eventually" type over the "it is entirely possible you will play this game 2000 hours and never get it" type.

Obviously having neither would be best because they're both garbage design choices.

If it's something boring that you'd need the go out of your way to do then I really don't like it. The Gecko -and Clarion achievement are fine because they come naturally to me if you use those guns, although what's the point of an achievement of you're going to get it naturally?

The problem with Precision Aiming was that the G3 had enough damage per mag to break all of a dozer's faceplates and then you had to reload and then someone popped him while you were reloading. It is a lot more grindable now that the G3 can take them out in one magdump but you still have to grind it and I really don't want to grind.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The Yakuza changes are mind-numbingly stupid considering they make it difficult to effectively use Berserker.

:agreed:

They will make the actually DW pub-herd viable Yakuzazerker build more annoying to use while not really being good enough to use over the Good Decks™ without Berserker.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Due to the pellet changes, is the Joc and Mosconi pretty much even?

Like the only real difference (I think) is Joc gets +ammo and the Mosoni gets better spread.

Zoomed in they can both out snipe snipers and their reload is pretty similar.

The Mosconi has a faster dry reload, more concealment, and more spread. The Jocelyne has like 6 more shells in reserve. Although if you want the Joc fully cut down it will have less shells in reserve than the Mosconi.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

After playing around with both yesterday I think I am going to stick with the Mosconi.

The spread is just so good...

It also has the best mod names in the game. Wrist Wrecker Stock is up there but Road Warrior Barrel and Gangsta Special Stock wins.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Hot Pursuit is fantastic, doubly so if you have the rear end & Titties mashup mod.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

averox posted:

That's an odd way of spelling Dote Up a Cat.

That is the best song in the game by far. Viklund really needs to step up.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I did the Monthly with a friend and 2 bots and it didn't complete. Welp.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

Super important piece of information re: the new challenges and achievement - you have to make sure everyone activates their armor bag. Otherwise you're not completing the job with the HBV, you're completing it in a suit, so it doesn't count.

It may or may not be a bit loosey goosey in that you can get away with not doing it on the first 2 days, but you definitely need to on the third. Realistically, there's nothing stopping you from activating it at the very end of the day before you jump in the van, if you're trying to run Rogue or Grinder or something.

So it was that. We absentmindedly forgot about the armor bag on the first day so that must've been what caused it. I really don't think he'll be up for trying that again. :sigh:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Tulip posted:

lol there's a negative accuracy boost for the steakout

All shotguns have a negative accuracy one. It's probably among the best along with the flamethrower's damage one and ammo capacity one.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Elliotw2 posted:

Shotguns like low accuracy, since only one pellet has to hit to do damage, so you might as well spread that poo poo out.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The statboost mods override statboost skins.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I managed to get Euro Bag Simulator done yesterday and it was a lot more fun than I imagined it would be. That heist is really well designed and fun so I really don't mind playing it for an hour. One thing that happened though was that I blew up the swat van with my flamethrower but it only blew up for me, didn't that get fixed a while ago?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

maswastaken posted:

I ran the flamethrower version just now. I cooked dozers.

Does the flamethrower actually deal extra damage on crits? Doesn't it have a headshot multiplier of 1?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Headshot multipliers are enemy-specific, not weapon-specific. The flamethrower can crit.

I know that they're enemy specific but the flamethrower and DB shotguns can't deal headshot damage so I didn't know if that negated crit damage as well. I might try try going for a Low Blow flamethrower build then.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/thehypetrain/

I still hope for this to replace the version in game :smith:

I can't even imagine how it feels like to be that wrong.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

It works pretty well. It's usually what I pair up with the flamethrower.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

You're vastly misinterpreting what I'm suggesting. I mean like '3 second pause, draw a circle on the screen with a note next to it saying "Remember this power box, we'll be back here in two minutes", then unpause' not 'let's pause here for fifteen minutes and try to describe the science of gunfeel'. When the team's going full bore there's a lot of finer details that zip by REALLY fast because goons have 100+ hours in this poo poo and know where everything is and how it works - but viewers/newbies end up standing there wondering WTF just happened.

That's still going to wreck the pacing completely. Most of the ideas thrown around will make this theoretical LP incredibly boring and uninteresting, although any LP of the game will be without some really fancy editing or amazing banter between the players since there is so much repetitive downtime for a spectator.

Still, this is kind of like criticizing death vox. Sure it looks awful, unfun, and tedious but it's not like it's ever going to get realized.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The basic gist of it is that the Rattlesnake's only real advantage over the other bolt-actions is its ammo pool but the downside is that you'll have to spend twice as many bullets on specials.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

And 10 shots per mag. It feels like I'm always reloading when I use the other sniper rifles.

Doesn't the Platypus have 6 shots? That's reloading every 6 kills instead of every 5. Does the Rattlesnake 3 shot dozers? That could be an advantage then, although a Lebensauger would still be a straight upgrade then.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

And really, it's for the best

Not when you're trying to find the BLT friendly version of PocoHUD…

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

hope this helps

If that doesn't work try the github

E: poco has files hosted on paydaymods.com but no download page? What's up with that?

Much obliged!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Payday 2: Payday 1 simulator

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Would it be possible to bind the touchpad thingy of a ps4 controller to push to talk on mumble? I currently don't have a mouse and I'm feeling the urge to ignite, explode, and flechette som cops. Too tired to do it tonight but probably tomorrow since it's a national holiday.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Spent a few hours getting Payday 2 running on my crappy laptop and then I managed to pubbie-heard DW FWB and Slaughterhouse. The latter one was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I was hosting so I doubt that it was godguns.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Cop AI is less aggressive the shittier the host's computer is so that was probably why.

Oh poo poo. Guess I won't be hosting anymore then. When I finally get good and stable internet my computer is too bad to host. :sigh:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Hungry Wolf legendary KSP 58 has an interesting feature on the magazine

I sure look forward to having to shell out 200€ for this.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I was browsing the market to see if there were any cool skins available and I sure am glad that all the cool ones were part of the COP and go for at least 4€ each.

:(

watho
Aug 2, 2013

ASSAULT WAVE and Fair Warning are both really great ones but I really want like all of the COP ones. I'll probably actually buy the chrome flamethrower though because it was like 40 cents which is a fair price to me.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Aight, thanks for the heads up.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

I'm not sure but I think the nailgun sucks, also three rounds in the CL and not the IRL four?

Almir giveth, Almir taketh away. :smith:

The nail gun is identical to the katana but has shorter range and an awesome sound.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The wolf safes have the best skin names, it's pretty fantastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

The RPG is acceptably balanced. You are wrong.