Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Grapplejack posted:

God drat it overkill!

Overkill basically have never talked to me at all, since I don't complain about anything they do on the forums, so this is no surprise. I have a little story about how a modding meeting with Almir and the Last Bullet guys went though if anybody wants to hear it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Alright, so back when MGS5 launched in September, there was a meeting with Almir about implementing lua modding into Payday 2 proper, without using the BLT or the other lua hook. The Last Bullet guys mentioned in the announcement, iamnotaspy (the guy who does the bundle modder), Ashley, and myself were all supposed to be the meeting. Except because of the time, a few people couldn't make it, or were doing it at work, or hadn't checked that their microphones weren't just emitting high pitched screeching. Almir was also just listening, since he was doing it on the train not at work or home.
Almir asked beforehand for people to bring notes and ideas on how to implement mods into the game proper, what to do, what to avoid, and how to get rid of the whole "everything lua is cheating" poo poo on the Steam forums. The Last Bullet guys came in with zero notes, nothing. And so couldn't say anything concrete on ideas they had.
So the meeting gets called off and rescheduled for another time, with keeps getting pushed back and pushed back. So the modders had a small meeting between ourselves so that the next one with Overkill isn't a complete disaster. And I disagreed with nearly everything that was said, since they were ideas that would do the exact opposite of making lua mods accepted into the community more, but kept the conversation moving along with suggestions and compromises like you do in a meeting. One of their suggestions was having modded players and unmodded players being separated into two player pools with no cross-over.
And this annoyed Tatsuto a lot, who already didn't like me since I set up the BLT and PaydayMods site as it own thing instead and "split the community", instead of doing in on LastBullets site and joining them. So I didn't get invited to any more meetings with them. And so they went on and had their little chats with Overkill which has wound up with them visiting next in January to pitch their stuff as it seems.

I've tried to talk to Overkill about things before, like making sure things I was releasing wasn't going to get them annoyed at me, but nothings ever come of it. I got asked to remove the flashbang indicator from GoonMod last year, and that came through Ashley rather than somebody from Overkill asking me themselves, or sending me a message.

So basically, I'm just here doing my own thing. But whatever it's a video game and at the end of the day lets just click cops.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

God forbid someone visit two websites to get mods.

Was this around the time Lastbullet had that hosting problem and lost pretty much everything?

Yeah, like a month or two after I launched the BLT

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Plan Z posted:

The CS Skinning community was pretty cool and chill. It was probably cool because most guys could either do models, UVs, textures, or animations without much overlap, so lots of collaborating happened. It was groovy up until CSBanana (Gamebanana now) came along. Overnight, people were stealing credit for a lot of skins, models, and animations, and posting them on CSBanana, whose owners didn't care. When the thieves were pressed by their "fans" to do more, they would just steal more from lesser-known people on smaller forums to the point where nobody really wanted to release anything to be stolen on CSBanana. What was left of the pre-banana community stayed at cdg.net and eventually died for the most part. I heard Gamebanana's been better about content theft, but gently caress if I can look at their ugly, cluttered site without hating them.

Similarly, the Garry's Mod community was pretty good for a while. People were angry because their server was less popular than somebody else's, so lets steal the gamemode, add some donator P2W poo poo to it, and then DDOS the original server to try attract people to ours. Some friends and I had a server box in Sydney some years ago, and we kept getting DDOS'd non-stop, until they dumped us and told us they wouldn't host it anymore. Along the way, people started charging for mods (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), it's what came afterwards where people were stealing each others work and uploading, and selling it as their own which caused a ton of grief.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

I updated the weapon customization files, this should let you customize the GL40 and Piglet again since they were being removed by my conversion tool for having "_gre" in their filename.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Baiting the #kickthewick lot to join my lobby, with a script to make everybody who joined appear as Wick was hilarious, and I still really wish I saved the reactions people had to it

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Doing some test stuff to get the National Guard mutator to work better and accidentally left the game running in fast-forward while I messed with the code

I didn't get shot at until I started shooting, but got downed nearly instantly after I fired a shot :v:

I also found an old thing in my screenshots folder from this time last year. I was making space invaders playable inside the game, I got sprites, animations, and input working before getting bored and making the weapon customizer instead.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

isndl posted:

Any reason why you shouldn't be able to GageCoin the boosts? I mean, if they're available as a card drop, why not?

As they're available as card drops and aren't paid items, I'll probably keep them being unlockable using coins, but I'll be upping the price on them since 1 GC is a little low.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

GoonMod update going out, somebody try out the new National Guard and let me know how badly it fucks your computer and connection

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/24 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.46.x
- StatBoost weapon mods now cost 5 Gage Coins
- Excessive Force and National Guard Response mutators now updated spawning methods
- Warning: The updated mutators will cause extreme slowdown on slower computers

You can also put gimmeaboost in the Redeem Codes screen in the GoonMod options (if you've not changed all your prices) and it'll give you 5GC for free

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Elliotw2 posted:

Did you just push a BLT dll update, cause it just broke the gently caress out of my game.

Not a DLL one, I pushed two to the BLT lua to add localizations though. What broke?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Yeah wow that ain't right. That's the error when localization files don't load. Any errors in your log files about it? I'm trying to recreate it now

e:
Seems to be a problem with the unzip after the download, it's not creating the localization files

e2:
Found the problem, fixing now

Wilko fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 18, 2015

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:siren: :siren:
Ok double post, but if you're having the having the same problem as above and it's crashing then you'll have to redownload this version: https://github.com/JamesWilko/Payday-2-BLT/releases/download/1.07/Payday2BLT_r11_r5.zip
There'll probably also be a mods/mods/ folder which you can delete, since it was being created mistakenly

If you're just having the error: base_mod_etc problem then you can safely update again now

Basically, don't push updates when you're sick because you'll gently caress it up

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Be warned: if goonmod is enabled it seems the game will crash when you attempt to buy masks. Actual gameplay seems stable, though.

Update to fix this will be going out either sometime tonight or tomorrow. If you don't want to wait then grab the latest change from here and replace your GoonMod folder with it.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

GoonMod update, let me know if I missed anything in the inventory!

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/26 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.48.x
- Fixed Blackmarket crashes introduced with Update 95 (1.48.0)

Customizer overrides will be updated once the files have finished extracting.

e:
Customizer overrides for the Goat Simulator weapons, and the Wolfpack weapons have been updated.

Wilko fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 12, 2016

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Actually, it is. Alternatively: play a lower difficulty or don't go for achievements if you're not capable of dealing with the challenges involved.

Try this. You might want to edit the settings, since this gives you my particular setup (the best setup, obviously, but I recognize that tastes vary). If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. I literally just zipped up the files I copied out of my Payday folder.

And lastly: are you mad that you missed out on Boiling Point in its original, more difficult format? Do you wish you could fight nothing but blues on EVERY map? Well then do I have a product for you! I call it Nothing but Blues. That's kind of a lie, though, because specials still spawn. Point is, basically all regular cop spawns are replaced by blues. Exciting, right? I thought you'd agree.

Installation instructions are in the download, but here's the short version: I blatantly ripped off of Wilko's mutators, and, because I know nothing about LUA, just edited the shields mutator. So take your current shields mutator (you need GoonMod for this, if you haven't figured it out yet) and put it somewhere safe. Then put this thing I'm giving you in that same folder and enable the "Nothing but Blues" mutator. If things start exploding, post about it and I may or may not look into it.

You can just rename the mutator file, it doesn't need override one of the existing ones since GoonMod just scans the mutators folder and finds everything anyway. Also, want me to put this in the proper download when I put the next update out?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Alright, I stopped being a lazy fucker and updated GoonMod. If I broke anything let me know and I'll get it fixed up.

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/28 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.50.x
- Fixed Steam Inventory market shortcuts not being displayed while using GoonMod
- Fixed "Custom GoonMod Skin" showing up in the Steam Inventory page
- Fixed crashing when an assault begins while using a spawn rate mutator (eg. National Guard Response)
- Disabled Realism mode mutator
- Added "Nothing but Blues" (all blue SWAT) spawn mutator from LuciferMorningstar on SomethingAwful
- Added extra checking for making sure world lasers exist to hopefully prevent crashing

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

The weapon customizer still doesn't seem to work for me (attempting to edit the falcon and minigun)

Can you open the customizer at all for those weapons, or does it not paint them after picking pieces for weapon parts? Any errors in the log file?

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The Blues mutator file is messed up. The correctly-coded one is this one, I believe.

Whoops, I'll update that tonight.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

What goonmod folders do I move to mod_overrides to get weapon customization to work

The "GoonModWeaponCustomizer" folder should be all you need in mod_overrides for it to work. Latest ones are here: https://github.com/JamesWilko/GoonMod/archive/WeaponCustomizerModOverrides.zip

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

All I do is make stupid poo poo now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLYUFUPu2Y

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Kikas posted:

How, what and when?

Specifics though - is the damage tied to the beat? It kinda seemed like it in the video.

It's done with a specially compiled version of BLT with audio playback and basic analysis stuff in it. It loads a bunch of songs based on the magazine mod you take and switches songs and times every reload.
There are 3 damage dealers, the explosions, which are triggered by big kicks from drums, use the size of the kick as their damage and range. The laser deals constant damage based off of the average level of the high frequencies (first 1/10th of the graph in the corner), but it's only enough to really weaken enemies. And there's a super short range invisible flamethrower effect which doesn't deal any damage, but stuns enemies for a few seconds, the range gets longer based on the lower frequencies (last 1/2 of the graph).
The visual effects are done through screwing with the colour grading, chromatic aberration, and contrast through a bunch of made up numbers and the average "volume", which is the thicker bar at the end of the graph.

tldr; :words: *kaboom*

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Basticle posted:

I need this pleeeeeease release it. It dosent even have to have the laser gun, just the color and music effects
I'll try get a version together that I can release, the problem will be that you'll need to setup your own music in lua files which can take quite a while.

ModeWondershot posted:

I don't see how this is anything but perfect. I'm just wondering if the audio and visual effects are also apparent to other players.
Unfortunately not, the music is loaded from wherever on your computer it is, it's not packaged into the game. Other people would also have to have the same music, with the same offsets, and have the mod installed to even begin to start networking it so that everybody gets the effects.

Hobold posted:

What music are you using for that thing? I almost want the playlist more than the weapon itself.
Big Bank uses Eyes of Madness and Watching You (and a bunch of others that don't get played) from here. And Nightclub is a bunch of boss themes from Metal Gear Rising.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

The modder is ViciousWalrus, who is Wilko-tier. These will almost certainly function as BLT-equivalent in terms of ease of use, and will not replace assets. They're going to be very good, and this in all likelihood does represent a sea change in the viability of custom heists.

The guys who wanted to do custom heists have been working at it for months and months now, it's pretty awesome to see how far they've come with it. Hopefully it's not at all like the last attempt though, since you had to replace a shitload of assets via a pdmod to get that one to work. My bandwidth cap can't afford 20gb updates!

I'd like to share the cool stuff that I've done over the past few months, but I probably can't until July, and it only effects me anyway :v:

Wilko fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 28, 2016

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

What was the last attempt? I think the Beardlib architecture removes the need for asset replacements- I'm not knowledgeable about how it works.

Map geometry units were modified to allow them to be moved around and networked. Then things were moved around and spawned in different areas. It was more map modification than new maps, since you would be playing in a different area on an existing map.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

IndianaZoidberg posted:

Wilko, I know it's in something to do with the beta, so it's probably not worth looking into, BUT, it looks like Goonmod is:

1) Crashing the game when I click on the perk deck box to change change perks
2) Somehow not letting me change the fire mode on the sentry guns. I press F on the sentry guns and nothing happens.

FYI, I believe I have isolated this and that it is Goonmod causing both of these to happen.

I've put both of these in my todo list to sort out (thanks to the above stuff) once the update goes live. I'm not going to fix beta bugs since keeping up with the code changes is a pain, but once it drops I'll get them fixed.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

XTimmy posted:

Do we have an ETA on updated Goonmod? I miss my crazy laser colours!

I fixed up the infamy outliner, which afaik is the only thing that's crashing right now. If anybody has any other crashes, send them through and I'll fix them up with the update later on.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Joining a game and clicking ready before you've loaded in will crash the game. I assume it's a goonmod thing, since it stopped doing that once I disabled it.

Do you have a crashlog for this one?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/30 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.52.x (Update 100)
- Updated Infamy Outliner to work with Update 100 skill tree changes
- Fixed crash when viewing the perk decks screen

Any other fixes that people report I'll fix and send out tomorrow, maybe. Make sure you send a crashlog too!

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Just give them ricocheting bullets that only reflect off of cop helmets, but it only works in single-shot mode. maybe like basic ricochet would reflect three times, whereas aced would let the bullet reflect six times.

I think that giving it to revolvers is a better idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soYLesn2dvA&t=18s

Wilko fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 7, 2016

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

I guess, but I feel that pistols are good enough now that they have their own tree, unless you specifically mean revolvers

It's not a serious suggestion, it's just something I made last year. It's specifically coded to only work with revolvers, as well as a special ability that instantly kills any enemy you shoot 6 times without missing. :ocelot:

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Runcible Spoon posted:

Wilko, for some future release of GoonMod, would it be possible to make sentries drop already switched to AP mode, and possibly locking them to it? They seem to be flat-out superior to regular sentries as far as I can tell, and hearing one blow through all its ammo when I forget to switch it to AP makes me extremely sad.

I'll add it to the list of things to look into when I can, but any GoonMod updates and the BLT update I was working on are both on halt while I move and start my new job.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Crabtree posted:

What's the job, if you're able to say?

Gameplay Programmer! Although I'm not posting where at though until I actually get there. mumble crew know although its not hard to guess

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

AF posted:

I was just running hox breakout ad nauseum to hit infamy four so I didn't feel the need to hit up goons. I'll get back on CTS sometime. Do we have an ETA for GoonMod to become compatible again? Don't mean to be pushy, I just miss not having to hold E for everything. And the corpse despawn limiter.

GoonMod's still being worked on, I'm just moving atm, so the update won't be for a few more weeks so I can get moved in and setup again. As people above have said though, everything should work fine by force loading it through the options menu.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Colosmicon posted:

You're all wrong.

:frogsiren: IT'S GOONMOD CUSTOM SKIN TIME :frogsiren:

I love seeing these :3:

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

Bless you, Wilko, for the wonders you have brought us.

I fixed a few things on that list, but I can't take credit for that one. I'm all for trying to get more QoL stuff in though!

qe:
I'll also fix goonmod up at some point I guess

edit 2:
My local install is hosed, so I'll fix it up tomorrow night or over the weekend instead

Wilko fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 11, 2016

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Alrighty, GoonMod updated again, as usual let me know if poo poo's still broken

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/31 posted:

- Update compatibility to 1.54.x
- Removed redundant "Remember Gadget State" mod
- Added Russian localisation file from chromKa
- Fixed NarrativeTweakData crash
- Fixed json warnings in menu files

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

I can't be bothered looking at how it works, but adding weapons works fine providing you know what you're doing. When I made the dubstep gun a few months ago, I added it as a completely new gun.

e:
Alright I had a quick look, and it's pretty standard, it should work fine, but who knows

Wilko fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 14, 2016

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Be careful wth the non-Wilko mods; they can cause instability in weird ways.

It's not like GoonMod or the BLT are exempt form causing instability, I just either force them to turn off if it could happen or they outright crash your game

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

We're streaming mods poo poo!
http://twitch.tv/starbreeze

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Kikas posted:

Uh, since when do you go as "OVERKILL_Wilko"? :stare: Congratulations, I must have missed that.

I got hired a few months ago! And then moved over 2 months ago to actually work on stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

get my name right and ill fix it :colbert:

I didn't actually do much for this update, I'm busy doing new stuff. I updated the hit indicator and added the 144 and unlimited fps options as super last minute additions but that's it, everything else is the other programmers adding cool stuff.

Also, back when I started on GoonMod a few years ago I certainly didn't expect to be seeing my name in the credits now