Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
As someone who owns both goat sim and payday 2 i am...conflicted.

Did this really need to be a thing?

But the more interesting thing is where the gently caress overkill is gonna go after this. Like, what can really top this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Explosionface posted:

I'm still waiting for a :krad: 80's gun pack with Calicos and the Pancor Jackhammer.

Still want an h&k g11 to be put in with an unorthodox/forgotten weapons gun pack with poo poo like an LeMatt revolver and this loving thing.

And a high-caliber custom made pepperbox, just cause :buddy:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

So as a goon who preordered this game and only played/updated it since the white christmas heist with drunken fun in the woods since I have been graced with the holy gift known as windows 10 what's the main poo poo i should know about other than "shoot cops and hold the action button many times"? Do I ~need~ to buy some dlc? why is the hk g36 rifle shittier than i remember?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

M308 and high explosive judge are so, so good.

How can I get the most out of them?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Skunkrocker posted:

According to Kuma, this is better than anything in the Workshop. I don't know how I feel about being at the top of the trash heap, but hey.

You can find better skins just browsing the most recent tab of the World of Guns workshop in an instant.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

There's gotta be a goon here who can give us a Johnny Five Aces revolver.

I probably could but I have no clue how to access the payday 2 gun painting even though it's probably super simple :smith:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Help me. My house burned down when I was cooking lasagna and now I am homeless and my face is now like this.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

lol if you don't play video games by using top secret ultra modern government technology that allows you to input commands through sheer willpower and a bukkake of squid-like wires welded into your brain

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I hope the heist will much like the Prison Break LP from Two Best Friends so we can perform sick judo flips in air ducts and sneak past empty faced guards as we get anti-insulin drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inAl3sbj4ZM

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

So my interest in this game has been rekindled.

Is there any benefit for infamy stuff? I've only just now found a more optimized skillbuild for my style and it'd suck having to grind it all the way there again.

Also, this happened.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

So I went infamous and found out loving around with beefed up akimbo interceptor pistols and a beefed up locomotive is way too goddamn fun.

Elder heisting goons, give me the advice/opinions on either weapons.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

So I just bought the ultimate edition for :30bux: what are some good and cool things to use with it. Minigun?

I like being able to bring either doctor or ammo bags in random games incase there are 3 others of each, having inspire+iron man suit while going dakka with big lmgs and M.U.S.C.L.E MUSCLE!

*Currently 0 points in fugitive; would like to find a way to get ace nine lives for insurance. Maybe should get more infamy to get perk discounts.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I bring a minigun.

For backup for my bronco.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why are melee weapons so convoluted/poo poo? They have the dead rising philosophy of "anything that is not bolted down can be used as a weapon OKAY GO THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER" which I like but they just...kinda suck. At least give us Postal 2 style decapitations across the board with stuff like the fire axe instead of locking it to Jiro+katana+charged fatal attacks+cloaker

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

juliuspringle posted:

Does anybody here use a Castigo .44 Revolver? I have a Mint Condition Juarez skin for it that includes a Cruz Grip mod and Diablo Barrel mod that I'm never going to use if someone will actually use it.

I'm contemplating it but I have a sick nasty bronco that serves me well as a pocket sniper rifle.

the .44 supposedly reloads a lot faster than the 357 mateba which i like but never played with one.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If you don't use the kunai with a joker build to orally purge the evil from your disciple's soul before turning him over to the righteous side of crime, you're doing it wrong :colbert:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

juliuspringle posted:

gently caress Car Shop.

I disagree, when I play that and to a greater extent goat simulator day 2 I get to fully reenact this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvonsFvHPp4&t=636s

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Can somebody give me a rundown on the revolvers? I love my bronco for pocket sniping and I tried out the castigo, but I can't hit poo poo with it and the reload sucks. Haven't tried the mateba yet. Played around with the peacemaker and I get great results for it... until I need to spend ages to reload. The longer reload times on those things are really painful for me and I don't notice any new thresholds being broken using the higher powered guns. I want to like them but... I can't.

Although this is coming from a dude whose main playstyle is this with a minigun without any skills in pumping up pistols :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvonsFvHPp4&t=636s

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Man, was framing frame solo stealth always this difficult? loving day 3 and its invisible items.

Either way I am loving glad I did that. Sweet, sweet +25% experience bonus

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Silly question: Is there any purpose a street sweeper shotgun serves?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

juliuspringle posted:

I love how customizable this game is.

My next infamy grind will involve me using a different loadout for each heist, but dammit I bought all these guns, and I am going to use them one way or another.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Does this qualify?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I finally hit infamy rank 5 level 100

To celebrate, here is a piece of art aptly titled "Houston Ugly Vase"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Plan Z posted:

For me, all of the guns are good in some way. It just depends on what I'm into. If I want to pop helmets one at a time, then I go for DMRs like the M308 and SCAR. If I just want a bullet hose that fires all day, then something like an LMG or the JP36. It kind of goes on like that.

According to my weapons page the mosin is inferior to every stat compared to my l93 barring reload speed by 0.6 of a second.

This subconsciously deters me from popping heads using milsurp russian guns :smith:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I have procreated. I have blessed the world with a new being.

I have conceived my child; beautiful unlike any other.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I love the cavity and micro uzi on a dodge crit grinder build :fap: loving grandpa at the range with his craptastic kel tec accident in the making and the very pissed off pocket sized industrial fan.

Are there other combos better/more efficient in this vein?

Also: How do I make a hickok45 build? repeater -> autoglock?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You don't need body expertise if you bring an rpg and thanatos :grin:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Help me refine my hickok45 build.

PRIMARY: Repeater 1874 for standard hickok45 videos; the cowboy long arms he reviews are sick nasty and are probably his favorite in general with 400 grain slugs
SECONDARY: The stryk/glock17, for team glock and the fun switch
MELEE: Anything really for pumpkin killing methods. Preferably survival tomahawk
THROWABLE: Any of the non explosive throwables, preferably the axes for more pumpkin killing methods
PERK DECK: poo poo I don't know. Sociopath/maniac for laughing whenever he shoots a target? Grinder for getting wet from 2-liters and drinking the high fructose corn syrup for health? Infiltrator for even more pumpkin killing methods?
ARMOR: Again, I don't know. Suit because he doesn't wear armor?
EQUIPMENT: Ammobag for Bud's gun shop sponsoring.
MASK: Groucho glasses for facial hair
PERK TREE: Whole lotta melee perks to make use of the pumpkin killing methods, probably skills in the rifleman tree for the long range compound shots and techforcer skills for the glock, inspire and revenant perks because life is good.

HEIST: Must be played only on the bomb forest or the train heist for woods walks and the compound. Bulldozers are the gong, medics are the red plate, cloakers are bowling pins, tasers are the cowboys, and shields are various animals further back. Normal cops are the 2-liters

I did this with some pubs and got them all in a good mood sitting on a cliff and taking potshots at cops together via a shooting range, it was beautiful :unsmith:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Several goons have requested Houston Ugly Vase to be put in the OP

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If the sturmgewehr is not the ww2 equivalent of the car-4/AK I will be disappointed.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

swims posted:

Raid: Car Shop: Jeep

Car Shop: Tank

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I had a really bizarre bug. Overkill Goat Sim day 2 with the bridge.

The door to the bridge button just got opened, and I'm on the road shooting cops with a dragon's breath streetsweeper, and suddenly my health starts draining. I go down in a safe corner where absolutely nothing was hitting me, get revived, and still have my health tick down. Then I run inside the room flooded with gas, and i stop taking damage in the gas room.

I go outside, health drops. Go back in the cloud, no damage is taken.

The effects of tear gas were reversed and it was only affecting me. We only brought one doctor bag and dropped it at the barn, and I went into black and white and passed out on the road just before I got in the car to drive off :saddowns:

Anybody else had this experience?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Bring back Brother's Keeper, IMO.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why is the Peacemaker's reload so lovely unless I invest ~10 points to get the 50% reload speed perk :smith:

I know the answer

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

When did boiling point have a chance to kill you the moment you start the heist? I get getting incapacitated, but flat out dying? wtf

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

swims posted:

I have an extra profile slot and would be interested in knowing what the most PC frowned upon build is. Not gimmick but like anarchist without even bullseye basic kinda build.

Suit would be needed though.

I trust you guys. No shotguns or pistols.
Spend as many points as possible to make the patchett/sten viable for loud one down heists. Yakuza to help you last longer in firefights. Primary saw to help you do objectives faster.

Bring turrets to make good use out of your enviously high ammo count.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 29, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Oh cool, a luger, mp40, and m1 garand for payday 2 as tie in weapons. Anybody unlock them and try them out yet?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Gort posted:

The recon guy is fairly miserable to play as, even in the outdoor mission. A five-round bolt-action rifle is not a good weapon.

So far I'd rate the classes Insurgent (SMG) > Assault (semi-auto rifle) > Demolition (shotgun) > Recon (bolt-action rifle)

I hope we can make space mosins

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:siren: Wario joins the Payday Gang :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I was going to make it into a Luigi but I thought Wario was the better addition due to lore :geno: