Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Basticle posted:

If they ever add another difficully they should just make it exactly the same as Deathwish (becaus3 honestly how can they add more cops) but make it disable your perk deck.

look at this guy who's never played National Guard Response

John Murdoch posted:

and the Buzzer, which is a fun melee weapon.

buzzer's a little more than fun giving that you can (usually, this is Overkill after all) interrupt a cloaker charge with it. Once you get used to how to tap a cloaker about to jumpkick you, you'll never go back.

For a non-stealth heist and a non-melee build there is literally no better option.

I mean, unless you enjoy poking cops with your ... flagstaff. In which case, go for it. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Klaus88 posted:

The peacemaker would be the best pistol if it reloaded faster. :shepface:

Just let me toss away the empty and draw an entirely new gun overkill. :tfrxmas:

The Bronco would be the best if it had a laser grip and the Mateba would be better if it had +2/+3 concealment. But this is Overkill hating fun.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

In theory, however, Overkill can add more spawn points while NGR really can't. :colbert:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tulip posted:

Are people still fartforcing? What's the preferred use of points above and beyond farting and fatsuit? I don't think there's enough for inspire.

Also for new page

I have a grinder inspire/suppressor build which is superior in my opinion because you get Inspire+farts (medbag deployable), but if you want ICTV, Inspire, and silencer skills you should look into Pirate Perfection :v:

With the LMGs being incredibly good these days it's both fun and effective. Take a Buzzsaw.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Buzzsaw may not be the optimal fartgun build but it is the most Fun by the Standards and Measures Fun Index of 2015.

If I could suppress the minigun, I'd bring that. Probably every heist.

hey wilko... :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Please, if I can do it with pubs it should be no problem for goon groups.

C4 escape can go gently caress itself however.

Your LMG obsession finally ruins you

C4 escape is fine if you have one person with a vaguely accurate weapon. It's better than the default one, though this isn't saying much.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

it's like sub 1%

It's 5%. Due to the way RNGs work it's no fun and is easily the worst achievement unlock, but it's also something you can solo. Or just use SAM. Or whatever!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Geight posted:

Ah okay, the one time I found it was when I desperately slapped a drill on every container because I had actually 0 bullets and there were no ammo bags, so I was looking for the crate that had a couple inside. I figured in other runs I just didn't find the methlab because I didn't bother to crack open every crate, but now I see that was actually a fortunate occurrence.

Can you find ingredients for the lab somewhere?

Yeah, to be clear if the lab spawns, ingredients will also spawn. So the fastest way to do it is to run the map on a low difficulty and sprint around and quickly check a majority of the box locations - it's pretty easy to do. If you get meth ingredients, good, keep going and you're guaranteed to find the lab and get the achievement. If you don't see ingredients, restart. It can take a lot of time - 5% odds each restart are lovely odds each restart.

Thankfully you got lucky and don't have to worry about it!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

So is the Platypus 70 an actual gun? Best I and a gun nut buddy of mine can figure is its some sort of amalgamation of various different guns, like a Winchester model 70 but with a magazine fed chamber and a slightly different front sight?

Edit: I suppose it's also worth noting that the Model 70 appeared in the original point break, though not as a gun Bodhi uses, a police officer uses it towards the end of the movie.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Payday_2

for all your gun-related nerd knowledge.

It's a Model 70 with FN's "Tactical Box Magazine Adapter" which is a truly dumb name.

watho posted:

Breaking Dead, Not Today, Precision Aiming (pre rebalance), Artillery Barrage.

I still haven't unlocked the Theia scope.

I won't defend Not Today because it's bad but even pre-rebalance some of those aren't super hard. Super boring sure, yes, definitely.

Whatever the Theia one is called: Buy the zipline asset on an H&T and zip back and forth hipfiring with your laser-equipped sniper rifle all day. I did this with an R93 on Big Bank because I hate myself, but an H&T ought to be a lot easier.

Precision Aiming: Teammate with an HE weapon: walk up to dozer faceplate, empty mag. Even pre-rebalance the problem was getting 25 dozers to spawn but there are heists with easily-farmed guaranteed dozers now. You could farm this on Meltdown if you truly hate yourself.

Artillery Barrage: Stand on the roof of a hangar on Firestarter 1 and fire at the fence.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 9, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

watho posted:

I'd rather play a DW heist while wearing a certain mask and having a certain melee weapon equipped than doing either of those.

Having the achievements be super boring is worse than having them be super hard though. I will never get a lot of those locked mods because I don't want to deal with the slog of unlocking them. I did it for Artillery Barrage because it's necessary if you want to run dodge with the GL40 and it was such an unfun grind.

hm, I don't know. Boring just means it takes time. Hard means it might not ever happen at all no matter what you do. Given a choice I'd rather have the "it is inevitable you will get this eventually" type over the "it is entirely possible you will play this game 2000 hours and never get it" type.

Obviously having neither would be best because they're both garbage design choices.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

watho posted:

The problem with Precision Aiming was that the G3 had enough damage per mag to break all of a dozer's faceplates and then you had to reload and then someone popped him while you were reloading. It is a lot more grindable now that the G3 can take them out in one magdump but you still have to grind it and I really don't want to grind.

You didn't have to reload if you got close enough so every shot went in the plates. G3 on full auto was less than great, so you had to get really close. I got plenty of single-mag kills on dozers while grinding that challenge out. Also you should be weakening them with HE ahead of time. If teammates are stealing them from you, well, your teammates are probably assholes with RPGs stealing every dozer kill they can.

alternately make a techforcer mag plus build just for the G3 because sometimes you really did just need one more bullet and :argh:

Thankfully none of that is relevant now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14215

jacket has seen some poo poo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Drewjitsu posted:

Was there supposed to be a heist today, or did I hallucinate that?

i'll tell you the answer for a paydaycon mask code

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

oohhboy posted:

The chopper safe isn't worth doing as it contains nothing but money.

it should give you a Bodhi Safe/Drill :colbert:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

reminder that Vox has now posted over 1000 words about his completely fictional heist at a furry convention.

Discendo Vox posted:

Could the threadshitting stop please?

reminder that Vox has also put Huniepop back on his steam wishlist.

now I'm not saying these are all related or anything but I am implying it

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 12, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

God DAMNIT

I appreciate your sacrifices for the greater good.

henkman posted:

hell, who doesnt

everyone who owns it, obviously

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

looking forward to Mega Kawaii

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

So how many bags of cash does the helicopter safe spit out if you get money? Or toast? Is it RNG or fixed?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

http://gfycat.com/SnarlingHauntingDuckling

Datamining suggests Santa's Workshop is actually in Hollywood

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Also two questions:
1) what did the latest BLT update do
2) is there a mod or some option I can set so that when I mask up I pull out my primary instead of my secondary?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah that's basically it. Sawed off + flechette is gooooood.

I prefer the Joceline because it 'points' better but if you really want to be a doomed Space Marine there's only one choice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

"Gavin" is to milspergs as "Death Vox" is to this thread.

both of them have the same basis in reality, at least

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

I have no concrete proof but it feels like they've definitely toned down the spawns from when FWB came out because I have barely see any special units during Overdrills lately.

it's also possible they get stuck in the front lobby and stare menacingly at a wall for 33 minutes

As with you I have no proof but I agree that, subjectively at least, Overdrill in pd2 is a joke if you can breach into the back area without dying too much up front which I admit is a tall order for some pub teams.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Afraid of Audio posted:

to play evil eye obviously

why would you ever switch from evi---oh right, to play hot pursuit.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

I love this new achievement already even though I haven't done it yet.

it's going to be magical

you can probably stealth at least part of it on day 1 even with scrub detection, but why

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Are they though? I know I'm speaking anecdotally here but pretty much everyone on my friends list that was against the skins (and largely more opposed to the rebalance) stopped playing entirely since Crimefest. I lost a lot of people that I could have invited to play with me; the people who are still playing and also have skins weren't vocally opposed to begin with and they sure as gently caress aren't gambling for them.

I'm sure a lot of people slowed down or quit out of frustration but it's hard to narrow it down to a single reason. I'm sure part of it is that a lot of people have been playing payday 2 for a long time and are just done with it and definitely not interested in relearning how every gun works. I think they really underestimated how bad the rebalance would gently caress people up even if all the changes weren't negative, which is why I wrote "reverted to Update 78 stats" a lot last month.

I'm also sure they picked up a number of new players and that some of the complainers are right back to playing anyway so who knows. As long as it stays over a minimum threshold to populate crime.net the pub game won't ever die even if the numbers fluctuate from month to month, and the nice thing about 4 player games is it doesn't take much to keep it 'alive' for you and your friends forever.

or, in short, it usually doesn't take me long to browse the saltiest PD2 negative reviews and find someone who has a status of IN GAME: PAYDAY 2

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm going to assume this update broke the hell out of Goonmod / customizer because it's adding a new stat option in the menus?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tulip posted:

lol there's a negative accuracy boost for the steakout

All shotguns have a +4 or -4 accuracy booster. It's actually really good. Being able to fine-tune accuracy with shotguns is surprisingly helpful.

Of course the boosts are super minimal so it won't matter a LOT, but hey.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

maswastaken posted:

It must be. Many people didn't even know that you wear a suit at the start when you take the armour bag.

It's taken away the only reason I'd ever use Ex-President and I think that is quite sad.

I always thought ex-presidents was budget grinder but last night when someone told me (and then I confirmed) that every single time your armor breaks your entire health regen battery is drained - even if you didn't take health damage. Now it's not just budget grinder, it's poo poo. I thought the "complete drain for any amount of health regen" was somewhat obnoxious but at least it made some degree of sense. The battery draining even on armor break and 0hp damage is just stupid.

Anyway we did both Firestarter and Framing Frame last night to knock out the achievement and monthly and it was fine. The only part which was really bad was forgetting how truly bad bag-moving is at level 0: slow to pick up, slower to walk, you can't throw for poo poo...with paintings it's not a big deal, but weapons? servers? :negative:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

called this last night when I saw the Crosskill image and I'm super pumped to have those on guns I don't own and probably never will.

Speaking of which, I got a battle-worn Soft Flake Sig 40 skin. anyone want to trade that for something out of a Christmas Safe I might actually use? I'd love a Blue Tundra for the Saiga or Big Present for the M249, common to common. Not gonna ask for the rare Lebensauger one :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 18, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

They're waiting for you, Dr. RPG, in the Taser Chamber...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Actually ex-presidents is pretty rocking hth. If you have aced bullseye and a suit, you can instantly restore your armor by shooting a cop. I've been doing solo DW with it.

That's a pretty specific build for a perk deck theoretically designed for both dodge and armor, though. I'd also argue Grinder is still better because in DW the important states are "have any armor" against "have no armor" and bullseye works the same in both situations.

I mean, I'm glad to see it working for you but Shittier Budget Grinder still seems applicable. The one thing I do like is that your teammates can help charge up your health battery, but the bad part of that is you still have to break your armor to get the regen to fire. On DW that can be more than a little dangerous in a suit + low health (say you just got revived by a helpful GET THE gently caress UP)

don't inline 19MB gifs

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 18, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alereon posted:

Install an extension that converts gif links to gifvs, it will reduce your download time and CPU usage while improving quality. SALR for Firefox will do that for example.

oh I've got that taken care of on desktop but it's still a lovely thing to do for someone on a phone or are in some sort of situation where they can't/won't install extensions.

The fun part is Cheeto was nice enough to edit his post but the two quotes still have it. Can't win for trying :laugh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Western weapons used to be better, but they got mauled by the rebalance. The Repeater was probably the best-balanced weapon Overkill put out, and probably by accident: It was a fraction of a point too weak to one-shot a DW Tan without Underdog up, but otherwise was powerful, accurate, fast to fire, fast to reload, and in exchange you had to deal with bad irons and a bad scope. I really liked it. And now, alas, poo poo. The bow was nice as a concealable HE-delivery mechanism that didn't require shotgun skills, but the Medieval Pack light crossbow supersedes it handily.

So, yes. Western Pack is now a Bad Pack. :rip:

But don't worry about Alesso: the Mateba owns. With the +conceal boost being available now, its biggest problem for fugitives (nonsensically bad concealment vs other revolvers) is more or less fixed up. For everyone else it's great as-is.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

I thought it was still shy of 1 shots unless you had Underdog, even with the damage nerf? I don't think they changed any other stat on it honestly, maybe they fiddled with the ammo count. The real loser in the light sniper rebalance is still far and away the Lebensauger though.

was it? I could be remembering wrong. I threw the Repeater into my never to use again pile when the Lebensauger hit and threw it out when the rebalance hit.

also them loving the steakout and lebensauger and similar "I actually bought DLC for this you fuckers" guns is why I'm anti-rebalance but pro-make my own mods. Now if only I could fix Tripwire's similar levels of fuckup in KF2...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

play alesso on deathwish, it's better that way

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You don't even need the ECM to go nuts on Big Oil 1.

It's a fun heist. It's the most absurd heist in the game, really.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

grancheater posted:

Ditch Sharpshooter, Rifleman, Chameleon, ditch or ace Berserker. Head towards inspire for the True Carrying Experience.

Ditch combat medic and use drill skills to climb technician to Bulletproof to be loving invincible with either armorer or muscle.

You can't have Inspire, ICTV, and bulletproof in one build. Sure, techforcer/masterforcer are the obvious answers but remember it's two different builds :v:

Stick Insect posted:

Any suggestions on how to make it a bit less specialized for playing with an unknown team setup would be welcome.

given this, I would go masterforcer. You want ace inspire and picking up kilmer basic will help you out with the sniper rifle reload speed bonus. If you're infamy 0 level 84, though, that's gonna be awfully tight in terms of points. You may have to give up shotguns to do it until you're a higher infamy.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 2, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Well that's proof it's Dr Cheeto who is our king of Long Guide Disciples alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mesadoram posted:

Cyber Cops, give the virtual cloakers a lag script and call you a n00b.

gently caress man.

this happens already