Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jim DiGriz posted:

I sometimes feel bad for cops (those screams from being lit up, god.)

You weak hand motherfucker you

I throw molotovs at the hostage-filled copy room in H&T just to hear screams and you can't even do it to cops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chairface posted:

Except that Muscle/ICTV/MasterForcers tend to like the extra aggro. Yes, attack ME, not the dodge build guy doing the objective, thx police xoxoxo

Lol if you think anyone with a dodge build gives a fraction of a flying gently caress about any objective.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fellis posted:

Yeah the real contributor WAS ME, SENTRY BUILD, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

Yes fellis you did a very good job look at how helpful you are

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I really wish they'd implement chokes for shotguns in the game. Just having something like a tight spread, wide spread, and a duckbill to compress it into a flat, wide oval-ish pattern. It'd probably help close the gap between overall effectiveness on the shotguns since you could use the auto/SA shotguns with a tight choke to condense the damage spread or make it loose to act as a room-clearer on a mag-per-room basis. The high-damage ones would waste damage on a tight choke, but you'd benefit from a duckbill since you could just hit a clump of cops at head level.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Just have the air heist on a timer where you need to be out in 3-4 minutes because the moment the pilot thinks the plane is getting hijacked he radios it in and fighters get sortied to shoot it down. The timer starts when you open the hatch.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SPAWKS A GONNA FLY FROM MY CHASS-IS DREAGGIN ON DA GROUND

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

ooh.... I need to try some things.

Like Zyprexa?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr Cheeto posted:

Me, reading your post:

It's kind of surprising how much Bonnie with the Groucho mask looks like Almir.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

grancheater posted:

Monthly side jobs coming along nicely

They can always blame murkywater now though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lyrai posted:

The concealment rating.

EDIT:

Minigun, RL, ICTV, and still rating of 3. :getin:

Ninjas in socks wearing armor suits carrying rocket launchers and miniguns tiptoeing on carpet make

hm, about the same noise as you.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe there can be a heist where the gang debarks Locke so he isn't as loving annoying.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RandallODim posted:

Dillinger is a bad mask. Know what should get a mega variant?

I would be happy if by mega it was just like 3x the normal size. Nothing else, just a loving huge warface mask.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BillmasterCozb posted:

the cops arrive on the scene

they are greeted by a wall of flame originating from a terrifying mask the size of a recliner

game of the year

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BillmasterCozb posted:

Who should we pester to make it, rather

Vox, obviously.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr Cheeto posted:

New melee - the post button
When you use it all nearby cops look at you and roll their eyes

Vox cannot merely be bound to a key.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wrr posted:

I touched the stove again.

You stupid god drat idiot just climb into the loving stove next time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UnknownMercenary posted:

Stove touching at the highest setting is a fun time.

I ain't gonna kinkshame, there are guys out there who like having their balls stepped on by a lady in heels. Touching the stove is worse but it isn't like masochism is some unheard-of feature of the human condition.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

A headsup that there's still a lingering crash bug when the cash vent transfer is complete and the C4 objective appears on FWB. We had transferred all the gold through the vents, too...

They call it bitcoin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

widespread posted:

You know what's a good track that is equally good in-game AND on the soundtrack? The 2015 version of Crime Wave. Feels pretty intense for the level.

Also, shoutouts to the new Point Break tracks, Locke and Load and Drop Zone.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/thehypetrain/

I still hope for this to replace the version in game :smith:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

watho posted:

I can't even imagine how it feels like to be that wrong.

That's because you don't need to imagine it :colbert:

watho posted:

I still haven't unlocked the Theia scope.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 24, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

In non-preplanning hijinks:

We all did our masks up with the Union Jack and changed our names before THE CHORSE joined.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 24, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kikas posted:

The magnificent bastards.

I lost it when he washed his brush.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mega afro is the new COP reward

I'd be OK with that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

I was going through posts in the last two payday 2 threads for a project and came across this video link. I think it's worth sharing again as the pinnacle of goon payday 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xKMCqppxqM

You may have chosen the wrong video, Vox

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

nah, that's the one- I know it's unlisted, but you did post it in the previous thread, so I thought it was fair game. It's pretty epic.

:v: I would have expected to see the one where the guy got cuffed by the guards on Hoxbreak.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fellis posted:

It's the video where i yell at it for two minutes because if you just stop killing cops for 10 seconds you could grab the server and get in the stairwell before they aggro you.

The video is impressive though, the amount of poo poo you deal with and with no ammo too. I also soloed tabula instead of stoving so i have a lot of respect for it. Although In my day we didn't have grinder, we had to dodge uphill both ways in the rogue deck!

Shootcops with goons is hard to get if its not around the release of dlc or a major event nowadays. I rarely see more than a lobby or two around primetime EST, so being off that I dunno.

Yeah, the drill finishes up before I kill that one bulldozer that ended up kneeling in the entry hallway, I think. I just really needed to get out some frustration after the poo poo I dealt with in the ops room :v: the video started at around 33 minutes.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 27, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr Cheeto posted:

gently caress stealth.

Yeah this

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I was expecting "Boo this Fauxton"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fellis posted:

"Boo this Fauxton" is pub stealth in a nutshell

"Hey check this out"
*failure cascade*
"What even were you trying to do?!?"

In my defense, I had previously been able to scoot behind the guard near the gate to get into the yard. That time I either misjudged his distance or got schlonged by netcode. Either way it's a pub mistake :downsgun:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Concordat posted:

Should have a level where stealth equates to killing everyone on the map before they are able to hit an alarm button,

Harvest and Trustee is like this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crabtree posted:

You can only bring in a Wildey if they make an equally 80s comerical advertisement for it like the real deal.

2016's gonna be the year of the whig mask if you keep this up. First a Bob Ross Afro and now a shaggy Bronson toupee? What's next, The Rip Taylor Heister?

We have a Lincoln mask.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chairface posted:

Oh, Abraham Lincoln, buried him in his grave
Oh, Abraham Lincoln, buried him in his grave
The assassin, the coward, no grave for you.
The assassin, the actor, no cross for you.

I'm all for a mask pack consisting of Booth, Prinzip, Poppy Bush, and Sirhan.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Geight posted:

The Hotline Miami heist DLC is also effectively an SMG weapon pack, it comes with three of them.

I need to try out the klobb with the new stat model, that fucker was fun as hell

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chairface posted:

Battle Lincoln The Railsplitter is not amused.

If they released a Sherman mask I would never wear another mask ever again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

Sick & I love LMGs because my dick works right. Time to work on building that Muscle.
I'd do more heists with Goons but I feel like a lot of you guys use Jacket and hardly any pubbies do so I can always snag him. I had some guy asking me which mask came with the android voice pack the other day.

That is such a lovely reason to touch the stove, god drat.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

What they need is a carcano bolt action sniper that shoots up to 4 cops at once.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

widespread posted:

I will tell you right now that the drum mag won't show up. Also you'd want a quadstacked mag or some large magazine to have your entire ammo in your gun already.

HOWEVER, to make up the lack of visible drum mag on Mosconi, I present to you a gift from a lord. He helps some Empire or something.

Do you jam that up the cops' asses or just Houston's?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

when_goons_post_more_about_payday_than_they_play_payday.jpg:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chairface posted:

Nice, I forgot the paintings are legit stolen too and we didn't plant those; he bought em fair and square. Yeah not sure why cocaine needs to be involved at all. Guy's got an apartment full of stolen paintings and is on tape doing an arms-gold-coke deal. The gold for which is in his vault if we don't steal it, so why not keep our coke and let the cops crack his vault for the gold? The whole thing's pretty :psyduck: even compared to some of Hector's baffling plans.

EDIT: It occurs to me the only explanation for the vault being cracked and the gold being gone is that someone broke in, which is consistent with the video's publication in either case... which also means the stolen paintings and coke wind up nearly impossible to use as evidence because they're in a crime scene that everyone involved agrees a third party broke into. The Elephant is on some serious :catdrugs:

I thought he wanted the paintings, got outbid, contracted us to heist them, paid us for them, elephant enters the picture.

Someone with elephant and bain set the cameras up in the paintings between day 1 and the handoff, they reportedly catch a deal going down between the handoff and day 3 (arms-gold-coke) and the elephant needs security footage and docs off the server to make it a story. Clowns bust in, steal the gold, leave the coke, steal the laptop and phone and whatnot. If it goes loud we hack the server and upload it directly to the media, who respond to a big ol' donnybrook going down in a senator's penthouse between team clowns and DC's finest. Never mind that DC's actual building codes won't allow for a high-rise penthouse (height restrictions to minimize sniping potential, or sat blood gummit keeping it jackboot on the neck of the poor RE developer, your choice) but that's what I thought the story was behind FF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

And then you've got Vox.