Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Capn Beeb posted:

I just want my dog hat and face paint/scars/eyes from Skyrim.

That's a face of a Psycho Jet fan is there ever was one :q:

Need this option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dad Jokes posted:

Is there anything to fix the weird delay that sometimes happens when quickswitching weapons? I just died because my dude decided to stare at a suicider mutant instead of pulling out a shotgun.

Isn't there some tooltip that says the heavier the weapon the slower it is to pull out? My 50 cal sniper rifle quickswaps noticeably slower than my sniper modified overseer's guardian

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pretty much anything automatic with wounding and anything shotgunny with explosive

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^^ Burn it all down

RattiRatto posted:

This
The shotgun with many bullets(not just two) is just really broken.

fake edit: oh yea it's called combat shotgun

It occurs to me that wounding shotguns probably also do their dot per pellet, so they're probably even more broken than automatics

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Capn Beeb posted:

A .50 upgrade for the minigun would be terrific.

Gatling-MiniNuke

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Obliterating super mutant strongholds while wearing power armor feels oddly satisfying, much more so than dying to the same super mutants 6 times in a row because legendary suiciders loving suck.

Shoot the bomb :shrug:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Songbearer posted:

Where's the mod that returns Professor Goodfeels to Sunshine Co-op once you clear it out. Where is it :smith:

Next playthrough I ain't going near that place unless I've got that control robots perk. Gonna take him home with me

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kea posted:

Edit; I have had a look, there are (looks like) about a million bushes in sanctuary, tommorow Ill work on removing them all and see what it looks like.

I just need a mod that makes all those weed whackers in the world function. Also brooms.

Arcsquad12 posted:

There should be a mod to make vegetable oil at the cooking station. This seems obvious.

You can make oil at the chemistry station

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cicadalek posted:

It's kind of annoying that settlements don't clean themselves up more when the mechanic already exists in the game. After you reclaim the Minutemen fort, all the mirelurk poo poo gets cleaned out the next time you revisit it (not sure if it's after an ingame day or just whenever you leave the cell). Hopefully that means a similar mechanic could be implemented for other settlements in a mod someday.

Yeah, the Vault 81 room sort of does the same thing magically changing from a storage room

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reason posted:

Can anyone help me out with the Nexus Mod Manager? I check the .esps in plugins I want loaded and then I click the green check mark to load all mods, but when I run the game no mods are working and when I start NMM back up everything is unchecked again.

Whats going on?

Did you make the required ini changes? It whines at you the first time you hit the checkbox but then never again

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blackdog420 posted:

any tits in the game yet? if not i'll check back in a week or two

I'm pretty sure the nude mod came out before the game

Not interested unless it also makes Cait, Curie, and Parker walk out of rooms like the Ross sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1J3NLNWAPU#t=294

Azhais fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 29, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thechosenone posted:

If they could at least have dog armor provide protection, and have a little bonus to his damage for each of the dog perks, he could probably hold his own.

As it stands the only thing that dog armor does is provide a convenient carrying handle for Dogmeat

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I want a deathclaw power armor mod

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inverness posted:

I imagine someone could mod in a new generator with FO4Edit that takes the appearance of the largest one but multiplies both the power output and the materials required.

Or perhaps something more sensible like those generator things that you find everywhere with fusion cores in them.

There's already a mod that just lets you set the power output of a generator to like 10k so you don't need a million of them, but I agree that it'd be nice to have one that multiplied the mats. I don't mind paying for them, I just don't want a million generators running.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zodium posted:

The angle it spawns at depends on your first person view orientation. Keep your head level and it'll spawn right. I haven't tested, but I guess the same principle would hold for moveto.

I did the same thing I do in real life. Looks ugly? Put a plant in front of it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Falken posted:

I'm glad someone finally added this mod that I am sure so many have been waiting for: MLP stickers for your pipboy

:ughh:

I bet you're not even playing with the Hello Kitty Minigun mod

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kea posted:

Yet again I have never come across this explosives only problem playing on very hard.

Me either, if anything they just shrug off explosives on survival easily enough they should just add in a Mask-like animation of the raiders swallowing the grenades comically.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gestalt Intellect posted:

So you get ammo if an enemy dies and you find their gun physically sitting on the ground and you grab it there, but you don't get ammo if you interact with the body and take the gun straight from its inventory?

Correct

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Redjakk posted:

Is there anything that can change Cigarettes and Pre-War Money from Junk items to Aid items? They're way more useful staying in my inventory to sell than they are sitting around waiting to be crafted.

There is a mod out already that makes money not junk, don't know of anything for cigarette but one imagines if the money mod is possible one could do the same for cigs.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3226/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Roadie posted:

Anyone who can force those settlers to pick up a Goddamn broom for once is a saint.

Hell, make it a buildable "cleaning closet" structure I need to assign somebody to (or tie it to the junk finding job "clean up all this rubble and maybe you'll find a tin can damnit")

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solemn Sloth posted:

God knows I been waiting for the no bush clean fields mods

The nude patch has been out forever, geez

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reason posted:

What about the molerats? They need dicks and tits too.

You don't want to see deathclaws with giant swinging dicks running at you? smh

What I need is the old skyrim fancy mudcrabs mod ported to mirelurks

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ZenVulgarity posted:

Are there nude mods yet

Currently #6 on the top mods list on Nexus. Also has a nude companions mod AND a nude armor replacer so your combat armor bikini can be even skimpier

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I posted this in the other thread but holy poo poo this mod is the motherload of terrible: idiot savant to idiot slut

I agree it is terrible, it should be Ignorant Slut

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Roadie posted:

This one looks pretty amusing as a stealth ultra-weapon.

I'm pretty sure the stealth ultra-weapon is, in fact, the stealth button. I'm 36, on survival, and I two shot assaultrons with my .50 pipe pistol, behemoths and sentry bots and mirelurk queens take three. Unless I actually use my crit meter, in which case it takes less.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
On the flipside I wish it was a little darker because my companions are constantly bitching about how dark it is and I'm thinking "If it was any brighter in here I'd need sunglasses". A mod that actually makes it dark enough to tell that it is actually dark would be nice

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reason posted:

Want a mod that replaces pip boy light with a flashlight taped to the end of my gun instead of a bayonet

You and I both know that the first flashlight mod is gonna be some sort of strap-on that requires the nude patch

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NecroMonster posted:

I'm guessing we probably need the GECK before it would be feasible to mod the special points characters get during creation into a less insane value?

insane how?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aren't esps the devil and will corrupt your saves and reinstall your system with OS/2?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The game already scraps things automatically, you don't need to manually scrap anything. Reddit spread a rumor you lose components if you don't scrap manually but that isn't actually true and is just based on the count of things not updating in the list immediately.

scrapall gets rid of anything scrappable in your settlement, not just the junk you can pick up. All trees, cars, tire stacks, etc you might want to refine for building mats. And the crafting benches, so either don't scrapall Sanctuary so you have them all or get local leader so you can rebuild them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

yeah but the guy said "I too drop all my junk on the floor first, then just type scrapall in the console in an unused/empty settlement. I would prefer something that would just scrap the junk the moment I put it all in the workbench."

Ah, I missed that. The only time I do that is dumping all my random weapons/armor I've decided are obsolete and want to scrap, junk just goes in the workshop.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Iron Rose posted:

For what it's worth I'm planning on incorporating something similar to this into my weapons crafting mod at some point in the future, probably with slightly rebalanced costs.

Unfortunately due to the way legendary effects work (think of them more like enchantments in skyrim worked), there doesn't appear there's a way, without scripting, to make them equivalent to weapon mods, in the sense that they can be moved, removed, and swapped around.

I dunno, they should be expensive. Given that there are a limited number of truly game breaking legendary effects the ability to just add one on a whim to whatever weapon should involve a little effort. 75 gold is cheap for being able to whip up a wounding minigun and killing everything before you in a single sweep

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SplitSoul posted:

Oh God I've got the SimJunktown bug. :wom:

WTB Richard Dean Anderson voice pack

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HogX posted:

I can't seem to find appdata. So I need to find that, and then there's a file called plugins.txt in there I need to change to read only?

you can just put "%appdata%" in the location bar in the file explorer and it'll take you to the close to right place

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HogX posted:

Okay went to appdata, but there's no fallout4 folder there. How do I show a hidden file?

The fallout folder isn't hidden, the appdata folder is. I think %appdata% takes you to "AppData/Roaming" by default, fallout is in appdata/local, so go up a directory, find local, find fallout4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kea posted:

Regions have set levels that enemies scale between, say 1-20, if you enter a region it will "set" that region to that level permanently, so in some regions the scaling is 20-90, enter at or below level twenty and enemies will always be level twenty there. It isn't really a big deal unless you decide to run as far south as you can straight off the bat,

Yeah, as long as you don't go too far south of Diamond City right away you'll be fine, and the game helpfully puts little skulls next to enemies that are way over your level so you'll have some warning even if you wander a bit afield

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Babe Magnet posted:

They do and it owns. Was walking on an overpass and heard some stomping, looked around, and in the distance a behemoth was ruining a raider's day.

In my experience the behemoths get owned by fatman sniping raiders every time they spawn in the city

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NecroMonster posted:

They look way too juicy. Ghouls ain't supposed to be juicy.

The ghoul-o-matic I bought from this guy says otherwise

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

staberind posted:

A few Q's,: Ed-E ? Mr Fisto? how about a walking jukebox?

Need a mod to make "Fisto" one of the protectron personalities you can choose at every terminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Magmarashi posted:

They're blindly shooting in the direction your gunfire came from, you can move after they start doing this and they'll keep hammering that position instead of tracking you.

This has never been my experience, they still seem to track with nigh perfect accuracy (morphing to perfect when it switches to [DANGER])

• Locked thread