Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
This is the thread I've been waiting for :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Ugh I installed the new NMM and now im waiting for it to uninstall and reinstall god knows how many gigs of skyrim mods...

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
As a dull luddite Mod Organizer confuses and scares me.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Coughing Hobo posted:

You should take the time to learn it, as you'll never have to outright nuke an installation ever again. The initial hump to get used to it is actually pretty small in retrospect.

Yeah I probably should. Though I've never had any problems with NMM tbh.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Falken posted:

Food planters

Hooray for not having to be limited to dirt for crops!

Oh awesome It really bugged me that you couldnt get these, such an obvious thing to have considering some of the settlements.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Cant recommend Touch of Green enough. Simple mod that totally changes the feel of the game.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Will it be possible to make a settler naming or job roster mod without the GECK? I have three 20 person settlements atm and its impossible to keep track of my dudes without putting outfits on them.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is the ridiculous delay when switching weapons a thing that mods will be able to fix?

This bug(?) literally killed me once.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I haven't checked into this mod but that may address your pre-GECK settler naming needs.

Yup that should help a lot. Thanks!

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Icedude posted:

I'm waiting for something to make actually surviving in the wasteland more interesting, kinda like Frostfall was for Skyrim, or hardcore mode in New Vegas.

Maybe at least something to make radstorms into something to worry about rather than "oh no I might need to use a RadAway if I don't see a doctor before another two of those hit"

This is a must have for me, frostfall and realistic needs and diseases made skyrim a way more immersive game. I was pretty annoyed FO4 doesn't have hardcore mode.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

On a related note, I'm branching out, would like to make a weapon rebalance. Just focusing on damage right now (not yet ranged), what weapons would you change, and how? What would you make stronger, weaker?
Echoing the .50 cal sniper needs more power. Its okay but a stealth headshot from it should kill anything but the most badass enemies. It should really be armor piercing too but :shrug:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Since the way the weapon components work and how bad the weapon balance is bothers the gently caress out of me, I have a set of overhauls that are dependent on the amount of difficulty it would take to implement the changes when the GECK arrives. So here's an excerpt of a bunch of :spergin: from my sheets of paper because I have autism

This is not a comprehensive list of things I plan to do, but these are the ones that seem easiest to implement (feel free to steal this list because the permissions diarrhea has ruined the Elder Scrolls mod community for years to come :nexus:)

-It makes no sense for a reciever to magically increase bullet damage. Alternatively, it makes no loving sense for a longer barrel to give more accuracy (in some cases it actually reduces accuracy due to hosed twist rate coming out of the barrel, which is the actual factor blah blah blah.)
--Long and short of it is, recievers will instead affect recoil (buffered reciever), rate of fire (polymer reciever), and advanced recievers will have the aforementioned plus bonuses, and length of barrels will affect damage and range instead of accuracy and range (the QUALITY of barrel will affect accuracy.)

-10mm Pistols to be rechamberable to .38, .45, and .44 (ROF reduced, no automatic reciever)
-Magazine-loaded Pipe Guns to be rechamberable to .45, 10mm, 5.56, and 5mm, with the default remaining .38
-Pipe Bolt-Action Rifle to be rechamberable to .308, .44, .50, with the default changed to 5.56mm. Goodbye .38 piece of poo poo.
-Hunting Rifles to be rechamberable to 5.56(ROF bonus), .44, .50, with the default remaining .308
-Semi-Auto Carbines to be rechamberable to 5mm and .308, with the default changed to 5.56mm
-Submachine Guns to be rechamberable to .38 and 10mm, with the default remaining .45.
-Pipe Revolvers to be rechamberable to .38, .308, and .44 :w00t: with the default remaining .45
-.44 Revolvers to be rechamberable to .308 and .50 (ROF severely reduced) :unsmigghh:
-Rechambering requirements reduced to level 2 of Gun Nut and will have their own buffered/polymer/advanced recievers.

-Deliverer Pistol default caliber changed to .38 and base damage reduced accordingly
--You will be able to rechamber it to 10mm or .45 though.

-Pipe Bolt-Action Rifle will be rechambered to 5.56mm, due to how stupidly common that ammo is early on yet you don't get a weapon with that ammo type until halfway into the game for some reason.
--You can still rechamber it to .308 if you by any chance will miss it, don't worry.

-Hunting Rifle base damage substantially increased.

-Shotgun spreads cut to 1/3 of what they currently are. If for some reason you want the absurd spread, there's the sawed-off barrel for that.

-Combat Rifle will be rechambered to 5.56mm because hahahah holy gently caress are you kidding .45 acp on that mag holy poo poo bethesda do you know what guns even are
--Combat Rifle base name changed to "Semi-Auto Carbine"
--The "main name" pool will be changed to "Semi-Auto(default)" "Assault(auto, not-.308)" "Battle(.308)" "Carbine(short barrel)" "Rifle(long barrel)"

-Assault Rifle will always be fully automatic on default
--Assault Rifle base name changed to "Machine Gun"
--"main name" pool changed to "Light (5.56/5mm)", "Medium(.308)", "Heavy(.50)" "Machine Gun"
---yes, I want to make a .50 caliber reciever for this gun :unsmigghh:

-Revolvers and bolt action weapons will have their rate of fire dramatically increased because holy poo poo are you kidding me a .44 shot every 1.5 seconds and a bolt action shot every 3 seconds

I endorse this post.

Thanks to people pointing out dangerous mods. I've been playing with SSEx and more armor for like 15 hours so its probably too late for my save file but some might yet be saved.

SSEx 1.8 is awesome btw. Covenant concrete and metal walls with walkways :hellyeah:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

LumberingTroll posted:

Ill take a look at it.

While your at it touch of green should really be in the op if its not already. Its easily my favorite of the early mods.

(id link it but im pp sorry)

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

"The Iron Rose" posted:

Any suggestions for the Assault Rifle/Regular Lasers/.44/Combat Rifle/Railway Rifle/Gauss Rifle/Gamma Gun?
Auto assault rifle is kinda weak for the amount of ammo it burns imo, but i don't have the auto damage perk so grain of salt.

Pretty sure the institute laser stuff is nerfed compared to the standard ones, but there might be a gameplay balance reason for that?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

LumberingTroll posted:

Increased Settler Population and Settlement Budget
Increase settlement population to 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 500, and 999 + Charisma. :siren: There is an optional file that removes the settlement budget (object limit) :siren:

Yessss

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Lol so I get random ctd's in a couple settlements including sanctuary hills where all my poo poo is now, probably from updating SSEx. :rip: my 50 hour save

Anyone know if theres a stable no perk level requirement mod around atm? The one on nexus crashes my game on boot even after using the custom installer.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Kea posted:

edit: I may have to make a version that just removes the stupid bramble bushes.

Please do. With touch of green and SSEx my settlements look way better than vanilla but that poo poo is still everywhere.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Seems pretty arbitrary which things disappear and which stick around forever, had to manually clean the ghoul corpses out of sunshine coop today, one was strewn across a dining table in one of the houses :zombie:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Mod that removes the ugly shrubs by resizing them, should be safe right? At least we can have clean fields.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1962/

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Nice bat settler renamer with lots of options
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2017/

also nudity is a moral evil and these godless nexus deviants will suffer eternally for their transgressions inshallah

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_IAw7P4DQQ

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Geomancing posted:

I was thinking to myself and went back to check the list of weapons available in New Vegas. I had forgotten the variety that game had, even discounting the DLC weapons to be fair. So many pistols, explosives (where is my grenade launcher), unarmed weapons, shotguns, etc etc. I'm hoping that once the GECK is out modders will be able to bring over the missing ones and add some much-needed variety.

Also I hope they can make it so when you're going punchyfist, you have a weapon on both hands. It feels wrong to only have ONE boxing glove, or powerfist, on.

NV spoiled you for choice with weapons, plus there were tons of unique variants that had personality which was a cool touch. I really like some of the legendary effects on weapons and armor but with the random loot drop nature I end up with a lot of crap (15% less damage from X enemy :rolleyes:) that just gets thrown in my storage locker.

Can someone who knows modding tell me what we can expect from the script extender? I know any significant changes are gonna require the F4CK, but Ive been pretty impressed with whats been done so far, alot of the problems I had with the game have already been fixed.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Mordaedil posted:

My main issue with legendaries is that I can't even scrap them.

Huh Ive actually never tried. Scrapping doesnt strip mods or even give you some of the relevant components back as far as I'm aware, could be wrong though I almost never scrap gear unless im really hurting for stuff. Turning the legendary effect into a general weapon/armor mod that you could put on anything would be pretty cool tbh.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

staberind posted:

Wat up? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/

I have not tried it yet, but it seems to be what you wanted.

Oh nice, Ill give that a shot thanks.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

So a couple people recommended this legendary weapon mod, which is cool but the perk/resource cost is insane (Science 4 and like 75 gold, silver, rad material and crystal). I dont mind that so much for balance issues but unless Im missing something it doesnt look like theres any way to strip the legendary effect without buying a new one. Theres no No Mod option in the legendary tab so you cant just swap the effects around. I guess I'll use the no perk version and try to restrain myself from making everything op.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

For what it's worth I'm planning on incorporating something similar to this into my weapons crafting mod at some point in the future, probably with slightly rebalanced costs.

Unfortunately due to the way legendary effects work (think of them more like enchantments in skyrim worked), there doesn't appear there's a way, without scripting, to make them equivalent to weapon mods, in the sense that they can be moved, removed, and swapped around.

I guess not being able to remove them might just be a hard limitation then? Ah well. Im liking your weapons overhaul btw, enemies with miniguns and sniper rifles are as serious a threat as they should be now, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Thanks man this is awesome, just what I wanted!

• Locked thread