Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-3w8hv998

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm just waiting for a decoration mod, every Bethesda game gets one. They let you turn the physics off items and let you position them precisely, which is perfect for making your buildings look lived in by letting you put junk items wherever you feel.

Without it the physics go wacky whenever you load into an area and all the items you painstakingly placed fall off tables and clip into the ground. The fact the game lets you put down shelving is a pretty big joke considering this is a bug that's eternally present in all their games

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Everything I have painstakingly placed on my shelves has all remained right where it's supposed to be. Except for the space monkey. loving space monkey will not stay on the toilet.

Wish I could report the same. For a couple of fast travels it tends to be okay, but after a while things'll start being displaced or clipping. If you're decorating an interior (As in, a dedicated internal cell like Home Plate in Diamond City) there aren't these kinds of problems, but for exterior cells where most people will make their houses or want to decorate their settlements, it's pretty much inevitable.

Certain objects are more prone to it than others. Try standing an Antique Globe on something, fast travel to a destination a little distance away, then fast travel back to the settlement. It'll probably be clipping halfway through the surface. It might be dependent on system performance, but it happens more often than not after a little while, so turning the physics off on objects is invaluable if you want to ensure the effort you put into decorating doesn't go to waste.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm legit excited for Fallout 4 modding even moreso than usual for a Bethesda game because of the new features they've added in. The settlement stuff and weapon modding just has insane potential, I can't wait to see what people come up with to expand on those areas. I can see this game becoming one hell of a post-apocalpyse dream home designer.

I caved in and used the settlement object limit extension mod and I'm just having a brilliant time turning Sunshine Tidings into my own little village and fortress. I know lots of people were like "gently caress this it's janky as hell" or "Settlements are pointless and dumb" but for me it's added a solid 20 or more hours onto my playtime.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just take a look at half the poo poo on the Nexus and know that that even if you're a complete rookie when it comes to modding, you can probably churn out something cooler and more interesting than Xxx CloUd_StRife_Buster Sword Replacement MoD xxX if you put enough care into it. Bethsoft games are legendary for their modding for a very good reason, compared to most games it's incredibly simple to make things work in their engine.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
loving aye is the F4 Script Extender out. C'mon baby, release that "Turn physics off for decoration items" mod already, papa's itchin' to fill his virtual shelves and desktops full of material goods.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Where's the mod that returns Professor Goodfeels to Sunshine Co-op once you clear it out. Where is it :smith:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jestah posted:

I spent hours stacking loving bottles for my bar only to load my save and them to just phase through a shelf or two. I also got these cages that naked bitches wont stay in between loads. Any ideas?

This, absolutely. Decorating houses is the main reason I play Bethsoft games and boy was I mega disappointed to find that despite all the new building stuff, this bug is still present and makes decorating with misc items pointless.

The reason behind it is that after placing items down, leaving the area and loading back into it, the game recalculates all the physics on the item and gravity makes everything fly everywhere.

Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas all got decoration mods that let you flag the items as having no physics which prevents this from happening, so I'm sure there'll be one for FO4. I just wish it was sooner rather than later.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Dongattack posted:

Are you using the settlement build menu to place havok items? You can just drop them on the ground, go into the build menu, pick them up and place them like you would anything else in there. I only did it with some Nuka Cola Quantum bottles, but they haven't moved a millimeter in about 90 hours played.

Try it with an Antique Globe. Certain objects are more suspectible to it than others, but it's inevitable that it'll happen eventually if you're visiting an area often enough

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Caved in and installed the non-fubar armour mod because the inability to wear suits + armour was killing me.

Hold my calls. I have some... miner business to attend to

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'd like to see a mood that lets you set the way your character holds a weapon. My pipe pistol has so many addons at this point that it looks ridiculous held by the handle, it's so long.

I guess I could make it a rifle but my perks :smith:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Seditiar posted:

Going to try out this and this mod. Sounds like a lot of fun (just don't have time for another few hours). I really hated it that I could sprint half across the map without meeting a single enemy (or ally for that matter).

Mod Maker posted:

Mirelurks, and floating jackassy bugs have been ignored.

I like this guy.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh poo poo! A mod that lets you lock physics objects in place for decorating! At long last!

Unfortunately I've just formatted my PC so it'll be a while before I can test this, but if anyone else can give a trip report I'd love to hear it. From how it reads it basically gives you a 1:1 trade for junk items to be made into decorative items, for example one teapot in your inventory becomes one teapot you can place decoratively. It looks like an extensive but limited subset of items currently, but the mod maker is adding more.

So excited to make my house a home :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Any mod on any weapon :unsmigghh:

No idea how well this works but holy drat if some of the suggestions aren't great:

quote:

Attach a mirv launcher on an automatic gun and make it rain nukes!
Attach the rocket launcher lock-on sights on any weapon!
Attach the gamma gun dish on your gatling laser and spread that radiation across your enemies at ludicrous speed!

Yessss.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I finally have the chance to try OCDecorator and it's absolutely fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for! It's early in development so there are only two categories of items ready for use as decorations (Kitchen and dining) but they work almost flawlessly and really do breathe life into your settlements.

I've only had a little while to try it out before I go to bed, but it's turned my sad, empty kitchen into something that looks a lot more lived-in, just by adding a few props:

Can't wait for the other categories to come. This is exciting!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
OCDecorator has been updated to include Toys & Games :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm at work currently so no link, but the OCDecorator creator released a beta today featuring ingestibles. I believe that it covers not just food but drugs too, so you can spread your table with wasteland nosh and then work on your hidden Jet dens for dessert :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Iceshade posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5080/ -> weapon racks

:woop: :woop:

Finally!

(very much in alpha still though)

Sick sick siiick. Between this and OCDecorator, Fallout 4 has quickly become the Apocalypse Dreamhouse Simulator I never knew I wanted.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Thanks so much for this. It made my clinic a lot more natural looking:

It went from having a big-rear end, clunky looking lemonade stand in a tiny infirmary to the more realistic scenario of having to bother the poor doctor while she's doing an inventory check whenever I need stims. I had to prop it on top of a footlocker due to the height difference but it looks so much nicer now :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

gromdul posted:

Nice workaround, but you can use console commands to adjust the height and rotation as well.

I tried, but the vendor sinks into the ground when you adjust the height too severely.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Amstrad posted:

This is great, do you mind uploading it to the user images on the mod page?

And done! It's such a simple but effective mod.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Huge update for OCDecorator just hit, adding over 500 items and the ability to refund what you've put down. Again I'm at work so I can't try it, but I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh god this OCDecorator update is crazy-go-nuts awesome. Even though the list of items isn't complete, there's more than enough to make every aspect of your settlement look inhabited. Your Power Armour garage can be littered with tools and scrap metal, Dogmeat can have a bowlful of food and bones littering his house, your medical wing can be stocked with all the tools a doctor would require and your bars can look like the place to be. I can't reccomend the mod enough, it's one of those things that you'd expect Bethesda would've done in the first place if they had any sense.

• Locked thread