Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Mysterious Stranger has never been a perk actually worth taking, it's mostly a window dressing that is fun when it happens. It didn't happen often if you picked it in the original Fallouts either.

MS appeared at every random encounter you got on the world map in classic Fallout but nowhere else.
It wasn't exactly useful since you could just max outdoorsman to skip encounters anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Boo, it just replaces music not add them to the current ones.
We have to wait for the big music overhaul mods where we can add our own tracks to the game like in FO3

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I'm pretty sure there is someone out there right now who is trying to design a new power armor with huge boob windows.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

LumberingTroll posted:

Just a heads up, anyone that thinks previous Fallout content can be "ported" to Fo4 are in for a rude awakening, the version of the engine the design for Skyrim and now Fo4 is very different from the previous Creation engine. This stuff will have to be made from the ground up, its always why we never had Oblivion content directly ported into skyrim. TTW type mods will also be impossible.

But... but... but they are using the same engine since Morrowind :downs:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Paranoid Peanut posted:

So, I've been toying with the idea of replacing the hacking mini-game through a mod. It's such a chore to find all the dud removals on every new attempt, and then applying logic to find the correct word through a primitive hot-and-cold. I'd rather have it hang-man style, or even a mini-sudoku. The thing is... could this be possible to do via a mod? If so, how would you guys recommend I start? Any decent tutorials on modding?

Also, any ideas for hacking mini-games? Maybe it could be a random mini-game each time you try to hack a terminal.

Pretty sure there was no mod for any Bethesda game that could meaningfully change the minigames, other than completely bypassing them.

What I'm curious about is how the new Pipboy works, since you can apparently use terminal things on the pipboy as well, not to mention the video games. I wonder how editable that part will be.

Bholder fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 21, 2016

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

They are releasing official mods as DLC, but they've been doing that since Oblivion.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Also nu-survival will have some other features like disease different damage rates and apparently limited saves.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Remember all DLC is evil and they take away space from the true and honest expansion packs that were never crash grabs, honest.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

flatluigi posted:

What's the story about the new thread title?

It sounds funny

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So a new patch came out and I'm not sure what it actually did.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I like how they are using actual existing mods as examples unlike the Skyrim video where they just made up a bunch of really silly sounding mods that sadly never actually became true.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Davoren posted:

This is interesting, it seems PC mods are being reuploaded for the consoles, and Bethesda has told modders whose work has been taken that they can file DMCA reports on it. I don't know much about the law involved, but this seems to imply a degree of ownership of the created mod by the modder that I wouldn't expect Bethesda to grant.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-06-row-over-stolen-fallout-4-mods

I love how Nexus people are PISSED about this choice because Bethesda don't just take their word as a proof of ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This just feels so unnecessarily stupid and petty. Like if somebody can just download a mod and then upload it on Bethesda.net and make it work on consoles then that mod clearly works on consoles, maybe not optimally, so this whole "console limitation" sounds less important than others make it out to be.

And if you cannot make it perfect for console use, or you just don't want to, you could always just... I dunno, completely ignore Bethesda.net and its comments?

Then again, this is the same community that got mad when somebody bought up a new way to rate mods in a forum they cannot supervise so...

• Locked thread