Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Can someone that watches college football start the thread for previewing players for draft with a focus on corner backs and safeties thanks.

Bewbies quitting the NFL has been bad for the draft thread. Someone should start one anyway even though the first post won't be anywhere near as good.

Ross Angeles posted:

just pull Rivers for the rest of the season

Any word on what was up between him and Gates in the first half?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Just a friendly reminder, through 10 games this season the Chargers have a net total of 1 punt return yard.

I still don't know how this is real. Do you guys just not have anyone you trust to do anything other than fair catch the punt?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Offensively, it's hard to tell if the OL is just bad or if they're hurt. Individually, I like all the players. Dunlap, Franklin, Fluker, Barksdale.

Dunlap was getting loving worked today before he came out. If it's injury he shouldn't have been playing.

Ross Angeles posted:

Jacoby Jones was really bad. And then Keenan Allen died. And then Branden Oliver died.

Oh yeah, I should have guessed injuries would play into it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shiksa posted:

Who drives from out of town to go to a football game

College football fans.

In droves. It's half endearing and half frightening.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

KC might actually be going to the playoffs, if they can win the next two games against Buffalo and Oakland.

Pretty nuts that they would make it after starting 1-5.

Still going to lose to anyone good unless their quarterback decides it's time to retire. Having said that this is a lot better than I expected the season to go a few weeks ago.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

This is like when people were accusing Johnny Damon of taking steroids...tossing up blimps from the outfield.

So his entire career then?

Early in the season Peyton still looked ok once they let him do his own thing and went away from Kubiak's offense. He's just physically falling apart earlier in the season every year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

I missed that Rex got a flag thrown on him.

It didn't cause the ref to gently caress up but he deserved it. Why are you walking in front of the ref during a play?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--oh that might win

Magicpants posted:

There are two 10-0 teams, I'm positive that's the best it's ever been, but what's the next closest
I mean at one point in the season there were like five 6-0 teams

1998 might have been better without checking? Denver was 12 or 13-0 and you had the Vikings on their ridiculous run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pasaluki posted:

I think the flag on Rex was a makeup call for the inadvertant whistle.
He wasn't even doing anything related to the play and wasn't interfering with the ref either.

I wouldn't say he was interfering with him exactly but he had no business hopping anywhere near the play in front of the ref while the play was live.

I'm also sort of curious what he was yelling about, did he see a missed hold or something?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Trin will probably come by eventually but yeah that's my understanding of the rule. The Bills should have challenged to see if the whistle blew before the catch.

What actually happened was probably the fairest thing they could do.

e: Oh missed the last sentence there, that's interesting. And something that should be fixed if that's a holdover from 1910 or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ultrachrist posted:

Was at the bar so had no audio, what the gently caress happened during that pass? Did the refs think Brady was out of bounds?

Yes? Maybe? They completely hosed up is all you need to know. Or at least then you'll know as much as anyone else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

Inadvertent whistle may have been a ref getting scared:

Oh it was that guy. They mentioned him in KC's game against Denver which I guess was his first game back, didn't realize it was the same crew.

They...had a better game in Denver. Or at least all I can remember is beautiful Peyton interceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheBuckmister posted:

The rules are pretty precise so it matters a lot. NC-17 makes a good point but we need the NFL definition of simulated sub to see if it is correct. I'll see if I can find it tonight. Not sure what rule Intruder thinks the play should have been blown dead on.

Unabated to the quarterback? Technically true.

• Locked thread