Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Very excited for this game, picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3ds in anticipation for X. The dub is really quite charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I trust the translation I also trust that something like changing Dolls to Skell was probably a committee decision made by marketing. It's not like the translators get to just make poo poo up.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking but if not, you'd be surprised by how often this actually happens. Even in a somewhat big release like this, all that could have happened is that one senior translator said "I changed Doll to Skell for English markets because Doll has more connotations in English than in Japanese" and no one argued with it because either they didn't care or they agreed and then it was all over the script and then in some marketing and at that point, there's no turning back even when some other senior employee finds out and throws a shitfit for some reason.

I wasn't joking, I listened to the translators podcast.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

bloodychill posted:

So what'd they say about Dolls vs Skells?

They can't go into specifics but said that no important decisions were made solely by them and that there's a committee from Nintendo that has to approve as well as the director.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Translation team podcast sounds amazing, just to be sure, can i expect no spoilers of X from their podcast for now? It's "8-4 PLAY" right?

Yeah, you can delete just the game and keep your save.

Yes I assure you, they don't go into any details.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

mabels big day posted:

They don't even have Vegeta hair.

No bald option either. They've really dropped the ball here.

It would have been a good touch too, what with your planet being blown up and all.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

On Amazon it says it's our for Delivery but it also changed my Delivery date to Monday. UPS states it's out for delivery by end of day but it's 8PM. This is truly torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Waiting for it to rain so I can kill some random enemy dude, this is tight.

• Locked thread