Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I'm assuming this doesn't have the option to do that switch screens thing to play on the gamepad only since there is extensive use of the gamepad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
loving Bryce Papenbrook.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
By what increments should I change the times to get a certain weather effect? or does it even work that way?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

Tried my best to make Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, but I didn't like anything and settled for Tsukiyama Shu. now to find a purple suit.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

jymbojones posted:

I REALLY loving wish the missions that are "Get this thing by killing a certain enemy type" would highlight where that enemy is on the map in the same way the "Go kill this number of this thing" missions do. There is literally no reason that one type of mission highlights the map and another does not.

On a related note, where can I find Duogils?

The Mire where you go into that Cave for the research node, or, Cliffside Beach. Im on it myself and uh, I can't seem to get it to drop. I think I need to cut off it's tentacles somehow but I have no idea how body targeting works.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
I got my mech but the thing I've heard in reviews about losing them and the insurance stuff, I'm too scared to use it in combat.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Shoutout to the goons keeping Squad 05U-847 alive and strong.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
When in doubt, just buy that poo poo with reward tickets, assuming you have them.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
I like how when I get the skell flight module, the first few places I want to go, I can't because of big meanies.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
I feel like my ticks of Miranium have been slower than usual. Because I am running out of fuel and waiting for it to tick to refuel up but I feel like its taking forever, like I feel there is a quest I have that is slowing it down or something.
On a different but related note does money and miranium not tick when you are afk but have the game still running?

Also, my mining charts.No Cauldros Not perfect, but since I've taken these I have 190k now and I still have an unused duplicator probe. The big thing to do is that duplicator and booster in Oblivia, thats 45k right there.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

AfroGunsou posted:

tatsu keeps saying i collect new thing when i certainly have not collect new thing. could me having zero of a collectible at the time and then picking one up be triggering these notifications or is the potato boy broken and i just need to shut him off forever

also is scouting people from out in the world exactly the same as if i scouted them from teh console? still have to pay a fee and everything?

did you register stuff in your collectopedia? FYI I am not 100% sure on this as I just spent the last 20 minutes registering my collectopedia and gaining like 200 BPs.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Murderess Affinity quest Poor little rich girl. I feel dumb but I've accessed all three consoles and it says I should have the location to find Lan'cord but it's not telling me where he is? Unless it's part of the quest that I have to find it myself and it doesn't get marked on my map, I have no clue.

edit: ok I got it. the finding him quest was a separate quest, within the bigger main quest

Tipme fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 12, 2015

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

Tardzilla posted:

Okay so I just completed Chapter 11, and I did the level 42 affinity quest A Challenger Approaches and I have a question.

When I ran in front of the Blade Barracks, a cutscene started up with a lady wrothian talking to me about a job and meeting up night, but I missed the location and it doesn't appear on my mission list. Where am I supposed to go to start it?

Check late night next to Professor B

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
All the continents have these beaches and access points with low level monsters. It's like they specifically designed them for the very patient explorer that decides to swim everywhere and wants to get away from the first continent. Usually next to a field node too, so it would be kind of rewarding for them in the future.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
You gotta walk around and find people with the yellow chat boxes so they can trigger on the map. One of Lins requires a certain pet in your barracks so, it might be that as well.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

AnotherGamer posted:

Here's a bunch of questions I've come across so far since GFAQs isn't really helping:

1. Has anyone figured out any info on the exact boost values each type of aura gives?

2. How do you use the various consumeable division rewards, ie. the stuff that restores Skell fuel, TP and so on?

3. Where do you see your current Overdrive duration?

4. Do you need to gather ingredients for every piece of equipment you make through AMs or do you just need to make them once and then buy them at the other terminal? Mainly asking since I don't wanna waste tickets getting the drops if it's the former.

1. don't know

2. It's under Intel I think the same place you find the collectopedia, inventory at the top of that menu

3. There should be a bar next to the middle circle that depletes vertically.

4. Don't know but I'm leaning towards just once.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

Saigyouji posted:

You did do them. They're mandatory.

Note for anyone hunting down lobsters: You can't actually find all of them until you've done the Normal Mission Definian Downfall that appears after beating Chapter 11.

Not that I spent any effort looking for them but I've been wondering how they can hide 99 things inside there without red indicators popping up all over the place. Unless there are some in the water down below, there aren't right? crap

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
You'll need to learn to utilize overdrive for the last boss

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

Dante18907 posted:

Where the gently caress does Kristy go for the 5th set of missions? I can't find this bitch anywhere

the last 2 places I remember are some house in residential district, and then the NLA water plant

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
It can get repetitive if you make it so. Maybe it's my ADD but I just can't do the same thing for too long. I desperately need end game augments, I'm still working on my first gain TP XX augment, I'll farm like 20 scalps and get bored and decide to do an Affinity quest. I'll do one then find out I need more affinity with this guy, so I go do the end game support dlc missions. I do like 3 and get bored and decide to kill some tyrants to fill out my Hexagons and get closer to 100% Surveying Mira. Then I'll go do a regular mission to collect 10 bear asses. Somewhere along the way I'll see an invitation to telethia/final menace, and I'll go do that. I'll never finish that augment.

Slowly but surely I will 100% this game and I'm "only" 170 hours in.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
There's a few solo vids out there doing dumb Overpowered poo poo but are there ones that use party members as well? Is there some kind of advantage for playing solo, like monsters don't use certain abilities against 1 guy? Or is it that there's no way in hell people are going to farm gear and augments for 3 other people?

Farming Time attacks for mats and I'm just toying with the idea of what party members are the best. I'm running with irina, L, and H.B, and I'm running standard dual guns/ longsword. It feels alright, 2 tankers, and 2 Last Stand users, 2 Shield walls. TP all around and plenty of heals. Everyone has 2 TP XX augments so we all have 9k max TP, and I always command them to use their overdrive. I definitely don't need them but I like hearing L's post battle victory speech.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Question, do I really need 60% of Cauldros surveyed to get the Mia mission of the area?

it's 80%

Louisgod posted:

A stupid questiom but how do the bolts above enemies work in this game? Sometimes you can sneak around enemies that have them, others you can run laps around, and some flinch even at your quietest rumbling. It's inconsistent and stupid.
Also, yea it's inconsistent, it possibly depends on the enemy itself. Maybe different enemies have different FoV. Zigs can target you from a mile away while you can pretty much stand behind one of those Petramands and they won't notice you at all.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Are we still talking about hidden places? Cause I am over 200+ hours in and I just found Demon's pocket, while farming Harlmut. Must have killed him over 100 times now.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

Pharsis is a dillweed.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Depends on the squad, sometimes I'll be the only one doing any of the tasks, other times, like a few nights ago, the squad of goons were getting tasks done in like 15 minutes. And then all the missions afterwords in about 10-15 minutes.

When you start a squad mission you have the option to recruit people online or just use your npc party members. I usually wait like 1 or 2 in-game hours for people before I start.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

The music...is so overbearing!

but I forgive it because it's so good.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
As with all leaks, take with a grain of salt but this was said about the XCX Switch port.
code:
 Xenoblade Chronicles X Aftermath (StreetPass, Amiibo Support, New Post Game Missions and Graphic/Stability Increase) 
Post game missions doesn't really sound like story missions so maybe we will still be waiting for a conclusion to the story.
I still have love for XCX, even not playing it for a year. Tokyo mirage sessions came really close, but XCX is still #1 WiiU game for me.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Where'd that Xenoblade Chronicles X Aftermath rumor even come from? I'm not finding anything, so i'm just assuming it's a straight port rather than adding stuff.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MOlzz3s4jnik8lKLjNa8vLPyEFv35jNqqdJghIEk4mg/mobilebasic

A lot of BS but I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff.

Also best song
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylu7dpn76ss

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
In shulk's newly created universe, everyone and everything is anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
he's a scuba diver

• Locked thread