Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
how much of the game is multiplayer? am i able to just start cooping missions from the get go? xenoblade 1 was a cool solo experience but i don't think i want to do that again if no one is British and if the storyline isn't as captivating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suaimhneas posted:

This link explains all the multiplayer stuff pretty well:

theres a wealth of information here, thanks

I take it us goons shall set up our own squad world via NNID tags and complete our squad objectives as fast as possible in order to unlock the missions, is what it sounds like

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TurnipFritter posted:

Heropon very cool, he's just a dad trying to do right by his family.

Xenoblade Chronicles X's biggest misstep is that there are no playable Nopon, imo.

This is so hosed up...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

can't say i am a fan of what we have turned out to look like

i'm never going to get used to these faces..

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ciaphas posted:

Am I the only one freaked the gently caress out by Lin's eyes, and for that matter Gwin and the not-Elma military chick

Good god

this game is extremely disturbing

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vitamin P posted:

Thanks for posting this, this mission is seriously some bullshit. I've killed 18 of these bastard things and haven't had anything drop yet.

its an MMO dude, what do you expect

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

zedprime posted:

This is a pretty cool game about picking pennies off the ground and futilely trying to climb embankments by changing your angle a little bit and jumping. This could possibly be a bad game and I'd never know because there are 15 gauges going up simultaneously keeping the reward loop in my brain tripping non stop.

It's xenoblade 1 cranked up, so no its a great game

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

PneumonicBook posted:

The combat in this is so much better than watching the preview videos made it seem. I'm not sure why I'm surprised, it's just an evolution of the system in Chronicles.

was my biggest concern as well and i'm glad how wrong i was

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Augus posted:

My "beef" is that the NLA music is quickly threatening to burn itself into my cerebral cortex permanently. I think I'm even starting to smell smoke from up there.

Remidns me of good times :cheers:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't hear you, I can't see you :rock:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

zedprime posted:

Chapter 5 was kind of cool. There's a fairly linear footpath through an enemy camp, except its staffed by a million guards and some patrolling poo poo that likely outlevels you. As if to make sure you know you have a jump button, there's a ton of ledges along the peripheries and vertical shortcuts up every single switchback.

lol if you couldnt handle the patrolling mobs

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Golden Goat posted:

Good game, horrible faces.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

pissdude posted:

What is the L + A thing

you press those 2 buttons to favorite a post or something so people say L + A to get achievement!!! and you keep upvoting their stuff so everyone sees. its like a meme

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

horriblePencilist posted:

Full Specs + Beam Barrage + Overdrive + Beam Resistance Down should be forbidden.

Hehe

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinity Gaia posted:

I don't know whether I love or hate this May character. Although I can't really judge her impossible luck, as I also happened to find a random cave on the shore of Oblivia with like ten million collectibles and level 5 mechanical treasure. Marked that one down mentally for later. Way later.

Yo that cave will save your rear end later for the skell. Beagflys beatles or something of the sort idk

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Echophonic posted:

:yeah:

My story progress has ground to a halt after getting my Skell. It's too much fun to drive around in a sick robot motocycle finding stuff to fight and loot.

The sheer magnitude of things to do in this game is insane. I think I've put 15 hours in just doing whatever after getting the skell lol.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I was really cynical about the story and the doubling down on the MMO elements, ironically I was right but it had pretty much no bearing on the quality of the game

Yeah. It's funny how the negatives of this game don't really leave a dent on how good it is lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saigyouji posted:

That's cause they're for chapter 11. (I think it's mostly to serve as a level gate, since you need to be level 41 for his second mission.)

So I can't do Elma or Lin heart to hearts that need pets until I finish ch 11??

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looper posted:

Have you looked around the city with FrontierNav at all? Affinity Missions show up regardless of whether you fulfill the requirements for them unless the previous mission in the chain hasn't been done. The specific mission for unlocking pets is in the commercial district with a client named Mathias and you can definitely do it way before chapter 10

Nvm. Ty looper

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Supercar Gautier posted:

The huge pauses between dialogue lines are awful. The lack of effort put into the character acting and shot composition really hurts too, after the first game did incredibly well with those aspects.

If I'm spending most of my time in cutscenes spinning the camera around for visual stimulation, that's a bad sign. The fact that the player is even allowed to do this during major story sequences makes it feel like nobody cared about those parts.

skip the scene, those scenes are never interesting anyways

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

I see music by ACE and a really nice aesthetic

Shame about those character designs though

Reminds me of tales series but worse, Nintendo really shooting for pudgy main chars as of late :confused:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
If they also have the talent arts of Fiora im all for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inflammatory posted:

going full anime on the character design looks way better than the uncanny valley poo poo in x. i dunno what people are so pissy about.

Both look like poo poo compared to the first game. This ain't a Tales game

• Locked thread