Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Yo, EU goons!

For today only, the VC version of the first Xenoblade is 50% off (9,99€) at the Wii U eShop. Meanwhile, the eShop page for Xenoblade X says that you get get a 10€ discount if you own the VC version of the original and buy X by the 18th, so if you're going to buy the digital version of X anyway, you can basically grab the original for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i've got this quest to go kill a tyrant in Noctia, i don't remember the exact name but it's something "The Subterranean" and getting there shows that it's up on a ledge that seems like it's inaccessible on the ground by normal means? Do i really have to wait till i have a Skell to come back and kill this level 11 Tyrant? That would be really silly.

I think you're supposed to use a Skell to get up there, but you can definitely get there on foot too, it just requires some tricky jumps.
If you go to the east side of the rock the tyrant is on, there's a ledge where you can sometimes see the tyrant. Across from that, there's another rock that you should be able to climb pretty easily. From there, you can jump to a really thin rocky ledge a few meters to the right of the tyrant's ledge, and then you can do an equally difficult jump to get up to the tyrant. Make sure to use running jumps for the extra height.

PRADA SLUT posted:

What does miranium do when your AM's are at 5? I can use it for crafting but I have way more coming in than my other mats. Should I put probes on income?

You can spend it to add slots to equipment after the sidequest where you need to survey Oblivia for L and a shopkeeper.

Doc V fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 11, 2015

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Reiterpallasch posted:

i, uh, drove my skell into a bottomless chasm in oblivia

twice

these things have the turning radius of a 747

FYI, you can just hold the direction you want to turn and double-click the left stick to turn instantly.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

I got the impression that it's only a tiny fraction of Ganglion that are on the planet with you but the game treats them as the entirety of all Ganglion in the universe so who knows.

It's the entirety of Ganglion, but Ganglion is only a tiny fraction of the army at the beginning. The battle that destroys Earth is fought between the Samaar Federation and the "Ghosts", and Ganglion is just a crime syndicate operating within the Federation. They may have had a hand in ensuring that Earth would get caught in the crossfire (since killing all humans comes off more as Luxaar's personal life goal than something that the entire Federation necessarily cares about), but they probably don't have the firepower to go around blowing up planets by themselves.

a cartoon duck posted:

As far as the ending is concerned with all its twists and zingers, it feels more like the end of a first act than the end of an entire game. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a lot more planned but ran out of time and money and just said gently caress it, fix up what we got and print it. Knowing how Xeno games usually go we probably would've gotten Elma on a chair telling us about Mira instead.

That seems to be pretty much what happened, except that instead of running out of money halfway they downsized the game before they even started development. Takahashi mentioned in an interview that since this was their first HD title, they had no idea how much it would cost to develop, so they intentionally scaled down the plot to make sure that they could actually deliver a finished product.

• Locked thread