Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Having just started this, my main question is: is there any way to increase the UI and text size? This game appears like it was made for TVs way bigger than my 42". It is almost impossible to read the menu text from across the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Taear posted:

My TV's 42 and I'm sat all the way across the room with no issues, I don't think it's due to your TV. Is your aspect ratio correct? Are you connected by HDMI properly?

Connected by HDMI and the aspect ratio should be correct. I cannot be further than about 5 feet from the TV if I want to be able to read quest objectives, what moves do, etc. Subtitles and such are a perfect font size. I've seen other complaints by people around the internet, so it isn't just me. Guess I will have to try and figure something out.

While I haven't gotten too far into it yet, I will say that I am glad that the monolith-soft director said that for the third game, assuming they make one, they want to go back to a more story driven JRPG as opposed to the more MMO-like one that X was.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I haven't had much time to play the game yet, and I've finally gotten to the point where story missions kind of take a break. So am I just supposed to grind missions from the mission board until I have reached the requirements for the next story quest?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Manky posted:

Agreed. The most comfortable way I've found to play XCX is to route the wii u through one of my computer monitors, so a 23" monitor at maybe three feet away. Makes me wonder if the game was entirely developed/tested at peoples' desks and nobody tried it in a living room.

That is my assumption, because that seems to be the only good way to be able to read it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In my short time with it so far, XC:X has quite a few problems, and I really hope that they learn from them and make a third one that is closer to the original.

One of the biggest problems, however, is that your Nopon mascot is not anywhere near as awesome as the great Heropon Riki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I just really really hope they drop the whole "faff about in an open world" and go back to having an actual story driven game.

• Locked thread