Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What is a good division to start out with as you're learning the ropes and I guess gaining any resources you can to help out when the game lets you get out from the tutorial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

You will have 6 hours in the tutorial. If you don't learn the ropes by then, then there is no hope for you.

You don't know jack poo poo how much time I will waste in the tutorial, son. I'm an OG slow player

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I just don't like Nopon in X because they apparently all became annoying potatoes. I would be ecstatic if riki came back.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
This game was the main reason I got a Wii U back when I was waiting to see if Nintendo would give any games to their then new console. I've played other things I didn't anticipate to be here, but it would be nice to see how my initial purchasing decision pans out.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

I never thought I'd be on the same wavelength as weird anime people but here we are. Strut them robots. :awesomelon:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I swear I cannot even figure out which outfits to put people in as they never seem as right as their starting gear.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Who the gently caress dropped the ball at targeting in this game? I swear I have to hammer L and b several times to target some of these nonviolent quest enemies and its just loving horrible.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Where is the best place to get Kiweggs in Oblivia? I swear they should have just gone the full way with buying resources as this item spawn RNG has it in for me.

Also, as much as I don't really like or hate Lin, Alexa should have been a main cast character over her. They both are insane engineers that love giant robots but she's older and uses spears.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Where the hell are those drat Wise Aprica? I want to see some weird deer things.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I want time travel DLC with Doc B. He even made our sweet ride look like a retro future deloreian. I ALREADY MISS HIM. WHAT WAS I THINKING FINISHING THIS QUEST? :(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Should I wait until I get my Robot before I attempt Prone Sweet Prone?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any good list of where I can find blueprints for weapons at?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dastardly posted:

Yeah but also to see how far I can push my revenue and mining.

Oh so you're the people that have turned Provisioners into the go to Division.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The music of this game gets exponentially better the farther you get from New LA and Primordia. Nocturne is where it starts to get good but it unfortunately suffers from the greatest sin of the soundtrack, how obviously repetitive this is as it abruptly stops and restarts the song instead of blending into a few ambient cycles. Sylvalum's music is the best at lulling you a false sense of security before you wander into the level 60 pond of death right when a fog rolls in.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Infinity Gaia posted:

I dunno man I never get tired of SEE THE SUN IT SINGS FOR LIFE. Like, every single time it comes up I kinda hum along with it. I may be broken though as I also go along with ONE TWO THREE FOUR

Oh that part isn't bad, I just don't want it to end and end like it does when that hits. Every time it gets to the juicy part I feel like there is a 1 hour jam session that got cut to the bone to fit on the U or was trimmed for more space for I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I CAN'T SEE YOU. OOOH OOH WOOO~.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
As basic as it is, I like Caulderos' music. It doesn't bullshit you that this region right here is where there be dragons.

Also, of all the species to worry about being Gangleon species, you're really stretching your ability to be racist with the Ma-non. They are slaves for pizza and willingly so. C'mon, man.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 11, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Good lord are there a lot of DLC characters. I haven't even finished Chapter 5 and already my affinity board looks like a spider's web knot of console cords.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Infinity Gaia posted:

God dammit. Fair warning to other people so they don't make the mistake I did, spoilers for one of the recruitable alien species:

So when you get the Tree Clan Prone to join your base, their leader guy gives you another mission to go rescue three important Prone in captivity. Here's my pro-tip, rescue his son LAST. Otherwise you gently caress up and he dies. Because one of the other two guys you rescue gives you a tip as to how to stop the death of the son guy. I knew there was something wrong when I got a cutscene on approach to the son guy, then the game gave me control before I walked forward again and triggered another cutscene, like there was something I was supposed to have done, or a variation in cutscene. I'm kinda pissed off, mostly because I'M WALKING UP IN THIS GIANT ROBOT AND I CAN'T DO poo poo TO STOP THIS MONKEY? SERIOUSLY THEY'RE TALKING FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES LET ME JUST USE MY BEAM SCYTHE AND END ITS LIFE.

What's the herb I need to save this guy? They don't even list it in the mission which is just an extra shade of gently caress you I could do without.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
What's a good way to build up skells and does anyone know of any known location for those beautiful robot blueprints? I just got mine and I simply must have the strongest robots I can possibly make before Ares.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Kepha Holly, rare-tier collectible around the southern coast of Oblivia, apparently.

Also it should say in your info log since it counts as one of those.

Thanks, I just managed to squeeze I think a french site of this information without knowing the item's actual name. Oh yeah, they really should put down trackers for item drops.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
This is the second Nintendo game this year where humanity gets annihilated and Squid people either replace them or are responsible for it.:tinfoil:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Motherfucker, I just realized why the big Lifehold parts look so familiar. Dark blue Zohars. :downs:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
This game is so full of choices you have no idea if they're important or not. I found an accidental recon segment about giving Oili the Prone a Laser Gun or a Club. The initial answer is big dumb hunter likes club, but are there any further consequences to this or what?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Terper posted:

It doesn't. See it like buying a computer; it's powerful, but building your own is better. It's the most powerful pre-packaged Skell, but outfitting your own will make it stronger.

What are the go to mods to make your skell a wrecking machine and not a wreck?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Do the British voices only exist for the CC? That's kind of a waste to bring them back on yet not have them as a NPC or side character.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I really like all the hidden islands of gently caress you 70-90 monsters residing around the coasts. It's nice scenery when you're trying to find rare items and just coasting on your giant robot, particularly with Syvlium's music.

Also I kind of feel bad being this high level dude that may have ruined someone's online thing by just immediately trashing the monster and yet have no idea how to emote/brag about it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Ugh, I can't get myself up to 70,000 cash units with the limited probes I have on hand. Can you eventually buy them or am I just going to have to scour every thing I can mash open and finally get the flight unit to scour it all?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

chumbler posted:

It is very inconsiderate that you park your skell right in the middle of an intersection if you fast travel to the commercial district. Must give the BLADE department of urban planning fits.

Those lazy civilians have a whole bunch of prone and now a giant monkey bat to build roads for them and yet I'm doing more work than they'll ever accomplish in a week exploring this WHOLE DIFFERENT PLANET.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So I just found out I can give asylum to Cavern Clan and I have no idea where to find them in NLA after that? Where are they located so I can unify the Prone under a mighty Earth Clan?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, what?! First Powell's wife just suddenly dies without me finding out or seeing anything and now he's a bad guy in this side mission I found by watching a manon jump off a building? Did I miss a chance to save his wife from exhaustion or the exploding cake quest I never got?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'm already missing hearing Move out, Deploy that Pizza. :negative:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Which is the better Superweapon to find/use? Because I'm eyeing up a nice Detonation F and they all require me to blow my tickets buying up rare stuff/finding out what drops Glyphs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'm talking about the 50 ones you find hidden away in dastardly locations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I get the feeling that Orphie mutate to better fit in with whatever species they live among as the reason why there are suddenly more aggressive and even female variants of their species in one division generation. Finally, Orphies can join the ladies pool party in the residential district!

Are there any go to augements for 50 skells to make them more effective against the 60 plus monsters without finishing the game and grinding out a 60 or Ares?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

MohShuvuu posted:

Go over to Badr Basin in Sylvalum and kill the puges near the data probe. Repeat until you have an orange rarity Phoenix and G-Buster. If you did one of the affinity missions that reward you with the hex partican, that will help with killing them much faster. Once you have the Phoenix, it helps to have an Amdusias because their armor comes with thermal boost and that improves Phoenix's damage output. As for augments, accuracy is probably the only thing you really need to guarantee that you don't miss. You can use this setup for the rest of the story and endgame farming for the Ares 90.

Is it okay if I replace Phoenix with a augmented Detonation Hammer with accuracy XX, Weapon Damage XX and Remove thermal damage resistance XX? I'm thinking of naming it Hephaestus to go with a whole Greek pantheon theme of skells.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
EARTH ALIEN! AH, GOOD QUESTION.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Any issue with the ending can probably be solved with Professor B actually getting a working time machine in order and transporting a few more ships or fixing Earth entirely. But then again, with all the weird poo poo around Mira they can always pull a Earth and the human race was remade and is an entirely new planet out of their rear end and I won't bat an eye.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I want to wait for a good guide to be out to know which choice leads to what in order to know if I've saved as many people as I can, but I am dreading starting this game from the beginning again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Is Joker that 90 beetle that lives in the weird vine tree in the top of Noctilus?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That ending sure set us up for a sequel that sounds like will never happen.

Chapters 1-11: "I'll tell you later"
Chapter 12: "Oh by the way, all of THIS. Okay have fun!"

:shepicide:

You don't think Nintendo will make another Xenoblade after X or a direct sequel in the style of X? Because I think this game will likely get a direct sequel, it seems successful enough at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Chapter 11 onwards is such a bunch of forcefed melodrama that It was the first time I actually skipped a scene. Anything involving tatsu was annoying but this plot twist was just dragging on and on and on.

• Locked thread