Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Rougey posted:

North Sydney by-election this Saturday.

Greens get #1 on the ballot because I believe in fairness and decency and not being a shithead (and Authur Arthur Chesterfield-Evans has bitchin' eyebrows), but does anyone know anything about the other candidates so I can ignore everything said and research the candidates myself to make an informed and enlightened decision number my piece of paper based off the opinions of goons?

There are quite a few of them...

- POLLARD Lou, The Arts Party
- BOURKE William, Sustainable Population Party
- KENNARD Sam, Liberal Democrats
- BROMSON Kerry Susanne, Voluntary Euthanasia Party
- JANSSON James, Future Party
- CHESTERFIELD-EVANS Arthur, The Greens
- BEREGI Maryann, Independent
- NERO Silvana, Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)
- MARKS Robert James, Palmer United Party
- ZIMMERMAN Trent, Liberal
- RUFF Stephen, Independent
- FREEMAN Luke, Australian Cyclists Party
- BOHM Tim, Bullet Train For Australia

Silvana Nero is dead last on my ballot by default.

Looks like Stephen Ruff is better than the Libs or the ALP

https://drsruff.wordpress.com/policies/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Les Affaires posted:

Just a reminder that when the Nats in WA pressed the coalition they got the Royalties for Regions programme, which syphons out 25% of all royalties towards funding services and infrastructure in regional WA.

If the feds wanted to, they could do something similar just by threatening to break up the band.

Which has been thoroughly rorted by the Libs. RforR is supposed to be for stuff above and beyond normal government spending on its citizens. Now, poo poo that should come out of general revenue like hospitals and parks gets paid for by RforR, and its trumpeted as a great bonus for the recipient. Also, I have driven past buildings in the outer suburbs of Perth that was funded by it as well.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

OPEC are attempting to do what BHP and RIO did today the iron ore market, and flood it with product, massively over supplying, to drive down the price and force high cost producers out of the market.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Laserface posted:

a bloo bloo bloo you dont have the same opinion as me.

It's not that the opinions are different, it's that Negligent is a horrible person who lacks basic empathy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hooman posted:

Holy poo poo, the company I work for paid 2% tax on its profit.
:suicide:

Mines at 29ish% of taxable income, 2% of total revenue.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Perth summers are actually hotter than Adel/Melb on average.

Yeah but this year has been weird. It's barely cracked mid 30s, hasn't got to 40 and we had the coldest December day in 50 years earlier.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Recoome posted:

hey nerds i am just back from a 5km run. feels good to be fit

I'm trying to work my way up to this, but my sister is telling me it's useless for what I'm doing it for, and apparently shorter intervals would be much more appropriate.

I miss being able to run long distance.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MythLisp posted:

Certain PCR primers for the Borrelia DNA detected and I suppose the method too, as they culture blood/serum between 3 weeks to 2 months as it's such a low level bacteria and slow growing too, much like TB. Urine they don't culture as its dead/bits of borrelia being picked up by PCR. Borrelia positive urine samples tended to coincide with IgG positive ImmunoBlot results suggesting a longer period of infection.

What I find the most strange is that doctors treating Borreliosis/Lyme have been threatened with deregisteration/restriictions. A disease has become political when it really shouldn't be.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/gps-lyme-disease-treatment-ban-angers-sufferers/story-e6frg8y6-1226796835468

This one is from last week.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...b88daa6b71f96e3

This is a long and interesting read about Borrelia/Coinfections in the Sydney House of Reps. The patient experiences are pretty freaking horrible with the average time of someone getting sick to being diagnosed is 6 and a half years on average.
http://www.lymedisease.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Standing-Committee-on-Health_2015_09_18_3808.pdf

Yeah, a good friends partner has lyme, and is looking at shelling out $30k to go to germany for treatment. What she has been through, and is still going through, is loving horrifying.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nibbles! posted:

WorkChoices is dead, buried and cremated. Now, lets talk about penalty rates.

I have never come across a hospitality business that isn't open on a Sunday Mr Turnbull.

I have but I live in Perth, and im pretty sure its not because of wages.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

GoldStandardConure posted:

If I can bum a lift, or its near public transport I am good to go.

If you sneeze on me I will loving stab you though.

Where abouts are you? I may be able to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

No worries.

• Locked thread