Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
nah mate this thread is about lawn decorations and tinsel on buses, what's up with this journalism thingo?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Frogmanv2 posted:

Looks like Stephen Ruff is better than the Libs or the ALP

https://drsruff.wordpress.com/policies/

keep him away from Chris Kenny

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

thatbastardken posted:

jesus, it's like david attenborough meets emperor palpatine

I would watch the hell out of that doco

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ScreamingLlama posted:

I just got a letter today from the Administrative Appeals Tribunal informing me that my appeal was successful and I can stay on the DSP.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

saty strong buddy glad that AMRAAM is workin out for you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
from what I'm reading on the tweets the greens walk back consisted of accepting a $200m threshold on private group transparency instead of the originally proposed $100m

in exchange for now general purpose reporting by MNCs.

the latter is a far bigger deal than the former, but trust smellmo to try for the cheap shot

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EvilElmo posted:

Gain access to 280 companies. Leaving 500 still able to hide.

Your party buckled and gave in. The LNP are very happy with the outcome. Just like they were this time last year when they tricked Muir on children in detention.

Greens got played.

They're not my party you twit. In terms of the effect on revenue, the non-reporting by private companies in the $100m to $200m segment will be negligible compared to the country-by-country and general purpose reporting provisions for MNCs. Besides, there is already a fairly good compliance program in place for those groups falling in the $100m - $200m range.

This isn't really the issue you're looking for to kick them with.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bowen and Leigh said the deal will "help Australia's richest companies keep their tax dealings secret"

which is wrong, just fuckin lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
our hdi would be 1st if we got rid of orkin mang

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
crunchies are the most Auspol of chocolate bars

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birb Katter posted:

Hockey officially has the thumbs up for US Ambassador in a shocking twist.

I did nazi that coming

wait

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Why not both? Barriers and increased funding?

one day when you pay tax you'll understand

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mithranderp posted:

I don't have a hat :D

Birb Katter posted:

hosed up if true

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

p. sure parliamwnt has "otherwise provided."

also lol at using "we the people," an amamrican term, to talk poo poo about the audtralian contstitution, just lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr Chips posted:

Greg Hunt, Minister for the Environment

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birb Katter posted:

No other details seen yet but I hope it's a weaboo.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hooman posted:

When a kid at my school got chicken pox my parents basically made sure that me and my sister would catch it too so that we'd get shingles in later life.

good plan boss

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
we should have themed buses year-round imo

"Stoke your revolutionary fervour on the new M52 Parramatta - City bedecked in anti-capitalist propaganda. All aboard the Smash the State Express"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pickled Tink posted:

Look, I am stuck rationing kitty pictures until the end of the year. Besides, at present I don't have access to the kittens. It got temporarily switched to the injured cat growli-cam.

get your own cat

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birb Katter posted:

Just the hostages.

Ah yes, the Archer school of resolving hostage situations

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
See I interpret "unleashing hell" as a euphemism in that context.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

Anethyst and Laserface are right, sometimes you guys are tremendous smug dickheads who not only don't know when to pick your battles but take the stupidest battle possible.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

if i'm getting ironicat over people complaining about the reaction to the Lindt Siege I can't wait to see the equivalency you have lined up :allears:

specifically I thought you were in a pages long argument some months ago about food or some really asinine poo poo, I could be wrong

i don't disagree in this case I just think the phrase

quote:

tremendous smug dickheads who not only don't know when to pick your battles but take the stupidest battle possible.

applies to pretty much everyone here at some stage or another.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
orkin mang would've stopped it all

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
"you guys"

gently caress the hive mind has been discovered

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amethyst posted:

You're such a dullard, all you ever do is post useless little inconsequential snipes from the sidelines. I don't have a clue what is actually in your head but I suspect it's not much.

ahaha I wasted ironicat fml

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
don't lump me in with the rest of these handsome leftist sexhavers thankyou

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lol myefo "let's improve integrity measures," cuts back enforcement spending

down lieberal scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I probably agree with amethyst on a lot of things so it's no biggie we just have very different approaches to this here forum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amethyst posted:

Nut hunting is a waste of time, friend. I recommend stopping before you become a bitter addict.

Recoome posted:

Gotta catch 'em all

Here this might help

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amethyst posted:

I think you made a mistake, that link goes to my post history? Maybe you got the keyboard shortcut wrong or something

:iiam:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Someone post the Bill Leak article written by him on who the real racists are please.

hint: it's you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

In my experience the decision to go off-grid

maaaate

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

Behold my proposition for an anti hemp video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJW67QN24SA

Make the cheque for 1/2 a mil out to Cartoon.

expected friendlyjordies tbh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

I'm sure he 'prefers' this. What he doesn't tell you is the ATO's powers are drat near absolute. Better to ask what an ATO inspector's warrant doesn't allow them to do.:aaaaa:

https://www.ato.gov.au/About-ATO/Access,-accountability-and-reporting/In-detail/Our-approach-to-information-gathering/?page=45

Yeah sorry John that isn't making me feel very reassured at all.

If the ATO calls you in for an interview though you aren't barred from talking about it and there are ways of challenging notices if they are unreasonable.
The ABCC's powers actually look more like the Star Chamber aka the Crime Commission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

oTHi posted:

I haven't heard of anyone misusing the ATO authority in such a blatant way though, unless I've missed something? I'll admit I don't scrutinise the news for Tax Office agents.

I was interrogating someone this morning

• Locked thread