Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Rahm should resign just for the conniption fit it would send MIGF into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

remember when goons thought Rahm was a cool dude

I can't imagine how terrifying it must be to think multiple MIGFs exist.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mr. Wookums posted:

Whoops
Hope CNN takes one for the team and just doesn't host him.

Y'all have the memory of a goldfish, he's done this for every debate and he's yet to have skipped one. He just uses it as an excuse to bash the hosts of the debate for not caring about veterans.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Let's take a moment and marvel that Clinton's team has elected to put Rosa Parks in the back of the bus in this image

Someone with photoshop should see how it looks with her in the front, I suspect it doesn't look good at all. Granted this should then have made whoever was making it decide to scrap the idea.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fishmech posted:

Wow it's almost like someone was trying to reference an event???

The logo thing is irrelevant, but if part of your campaign is striving for gender equality you would probably want to show the end result rather than the beginning.

e: my intention is just to lol at bad design decisions not to say Hillary is bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fishmech posted:

I'm not sure how you're supposed to represent the end result in a way that doesn't look ugly as hell within the confines of the logo.

Hence why the idea should have been ditched.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I've come to the conclusion that Trump is a Native American trickster god.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"You haven't heard of me I'm Chris Dodd" makes me crack up everytime.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zoux posted:

Is there any truth to the Lost Causer/States' Rights claims that the South was on the verge of abolishing slavery themselves? Seems to me like you wouldn't go to war over a thing you're about to get rid of anyway.

Ahahahaha, no. Southerners were never going to abolish slavery ever.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

McDowell posted:

Didn't the CSA have aspirations of conquering Mexico/South America and establishing a White Supremacist Empire?

Not even the CSA, some southern democrats issued the Ostend manifesto in the early 50s saying Cuba should be annexed ASAP to expand slavery to it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Popular Thug Drink posted:

another problem with the continued existence of the CSA is that it was unpopular, like all of the slaves would have found very good reason to escape to the north asap but many white southerners rejected secession as well and the 1864 southern landscape was rotten with deserters, bandits, and military police militias all sniping at each other, so there would almost certainly be a large exodus of southern whites from the border states to the north if not the unsecession of chunks of states like tennessee triggering civil war 2

Georgia's governor threatened to secede from the Confederacy several times during the war. Most hilarious were the ones from during Sherman's Georgia campaign.

"Please save us from this red haired Ohioan, oh and also we're gonna take our ball and go home"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Popular Thug Drink posted:

well when there's an army rampaging through your countryside and the national forces are more or less letting him to it that's a great time to raise grievances

I always felt Joe Johnston got the short end of the stick but maybe that's just the effect of the disaster that was John Bell Hood.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Looking google maps it looks like the shooting was a hospital for the disabled/adult day care

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zoux posted:

Here's some good news: seven page private strategy memo on how the party would deal with Trump as the nominee just leaked.

Ahahahaha Reince is going to kill himself before 2016 is out.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zoux posted:

Goon project: communist uprising!

I'm down for it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Let's see how TFR posters are handling this!

Cool!!

TFR hugbox delanda est

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

Wait, is he being serious? I don't know who Erick Erickson is and I just assumed it was a joke.

Erick, son of Erick is a professional dumbass and is best ignored outside of mocking him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

RusteJuxx posted:

What could Obama do, even in a legally grey area way, to in someway address gun control? Is there anything he can do via executive order that might help even a little?

Hypothetically I think he could nationalize all guns stores and manufacturers and shut them down but lol at that ever happening.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

What gun control legislation are you guys even thinking about? This happened in California, the state with the toughest gun laws. What else would be effective, and more than just a gesture to score points?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the shadow toker posted:

Hypothetically, Obama could turn into four-armed Hindu god Vishnu and use his newfound omnipotence to reverse McDonald v. City of Chicago and make the words "A well-regulated" militia appear in 36-pt bold text in the original copy of the constitution but lol at that every happening

Yeah but there's already a constitutional path for nationalization, is Vishnu in the constitution? checkmate hinduailres

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Inland Empire is great as it makes the Modesto area look a whole hell of a lot better.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Barstow, Apple Valley, Chino

ugh Barstow.

ughhhhhhhh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"Looked like a reddish bra"

Or you know, just blood you idiot.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I like this reporter advising everyone watching to know your exits at all times, because we're never ever going to fix this poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Lycus posted:

During the 90s, we stubbornly refused to remember 9/11.

Well we still liked Pinochet back then.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Did AP say where they got the name from? All I've heard is just that they have it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Did AP say where they got the name from? All I've heard is just that they have it.

Turns out its from anonymous LEO source

quote:

A law enforcement official has identified Syed Farook as one of the suspects in a mass shooting in Southern California.

The official, who was briefed on the case, was not authorized to speak to the media about the ongoing investigation spoke on condition of anonymity.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Senf posted:

Are you even a real person

thankfully he is not

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Second suspect identified -- Tayeep Bin Ardogan, a Qatar citizen.

Or an alternate spelling of the prime minister of Turkey!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The police are having another news conference in 50 minutes so mayhaps the twitter rumorists should wait until closer to then before claiming the sheriff has released anything.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

It's probably correct since the AP reported it, but I'm gonna lol so hard if the sheriff says that name is bullshit at their press conference coming up.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Hope you don't enjoy eating fresh produce.

The Hákarl is fresh though!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

My earlier hunch that this was a workplace dispute involving a man and his girlfriend / wife seems to be holding up.

The supposed explosive devices don't fit that but they may not have actually been explosives.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

sparatuvs posted:

He just ran home made a pipe bomb or 3 and ran back to the party?

From this presser it seems like what they thought was a pipe bomb at the car wasn't actually a bomb and that they just blew up the suspected objects at the center.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

:wtc: MSNBC just put a graphic up and the 'pipe bomb' was found a whole block down from the car.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fknlo posted:

I thought he said that they were pretty sure that some of the other devices were explosive though.

I rewound it and he says they believed they were explosives, nothing confirmed other than that the bomb squad dealt with them.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tl;dr: it is impossible to construct a coherent narrative from what few facts we have.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Second suspect identified -- Tayeep Bin Ardogan, a Qatar citizen.

Don't worry guys, anytime soon we're going to get the surprise evidence of them being secret right-wing militiamen! You just got to believe!

In light of the revelation of her real name, lol @ u for falling for that.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I love that everytime there's a shooting the TFR/GIP/moron brigade calls for the immediate end of the ban on machine guns.

Wait did I say love, I meant hate with the burning fury of a thousand suns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Nonsense posted:

This was always a loving dumb reason. It was extremely obvious this was something more, when the first pipe bomb was found, and his loving wife was shooting dudes with him.

But then why attack the Christmas party and flee instead of doing more?

• Locked thread