Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Well that "Trans leftist bank robber" theory didn't last very long.

Also a town clerk confirmed that the "F" on his voter roll info was in fact a typo.

Did Cruz and company forget this guy was taken in alive or what?

He knows that his supporters will take whatever he says as gospel without any further verification. It's been his MO for his entire political career.

I mean, this is the guy who hosed up the lesson of a book intended for kindergarteners.

Mozi posted:

“If you’re a xenophobic, race-baiting, religious bigot, you’re going to have a hard time being president of the United States, and you’re going to do irreparable damage to the party.” - Linsdey Graham

drat, tell us how you really feel...

So now that we know how Lindsay feels about one party, what does he have to say about the Republicans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Interweb posted:

Don't conservatives say that birth control pills are abortificents? I swear I heard someone like Santorum say that. And many others as well.

That is the main part of the issue. Note that he only brought up condoms while he was going on his rant about nobody wanting to ban contraceptives. He didn't straight up mention birth control pills for exactly this reason.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Reality's liberal bias strikes again.

haveblue posted:

Soon we will reach the mass shooting event horizon where mass shootings are so frequent they overlap with each other and we have continuous, endless mass shooting all across america forever

Scientists refer to this as the homicingularity.

zoux posted:

Here's some good news: seven page private strategy memo on how the party would deal with Trump as the nominee just leaked.

I like that when they state they have similar plans for other candidates it reads less like "this isn't a big deal" and more like "we're going to be making GBS threads ourselves if an establishment candidate can't win the nomination."

Fried Chicken posted:

So we missed it yesterday by Alan Grayson's senate campaign hit a rough patch - the campaign manager, deputy campaign manager, and senior adviser all left the campaign

I feel bad for Alan Grayson. It must be tough when you get crazied out of the news cycle by pretty much all of the GOP nominees.

Slate Action posted:

Is there an event could happen that would lead to some kind of gun control legislation being implemented (even something relatively minor like mental health screening as part of background checks)? Or are we now 100% immune to any mass shooting event of any severity changing the status quo?

Funniest post I've seen on the forums.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

So it's legal for someone to buy an apartment full of weapons and ammo for personal reasons and not be on any kind of list. Super

Even better: there is no restrictions for people on terrorist watch lists from buying guns. More like the US of NRA.

Joementum posted:

The Saturday edition of the New York Times will feature this editorial on gun violence on the front page. It is the first time the paper has run an editorial on the front page since 1920.

Huh. Funny that NYT is the first paper to endorse Hilary Clinton.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

T. Bombastus posted:

Good stuff. Does Trump have any policy positions that don't boil down to "I'm great, so it would be great"? All the moderate Republicans in my life cling to the belief that they're the party of hard-headed realism and intellectual rigor; I wonder who they're voting for in the primary?

He did say he wants to go "one step further than water boarding" if he was president. Seems pretty extreme but based on studies a drowned body would yield just about as much actionable intel as someone who is being water boarded.

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/04/theyre-coming-here-kill-us-pirro-geraldo-spar-guns-radical-islam

Fox News: The reason we're losing to ISIS is because we're too politically correct and we must "speak out" against Muslims, regardless of political correctness.

It's pretty great when you find an article so openly persecuting a religion that you could switch it to Christianity and make the authors name Pontus Pilate and it would still make perfect historical sense or the slightly less effective but more contemporary Godwin version. And by "pretty great" I mean suicidally depressing, of course.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Erick Son of Erick is a literal child

True, but the fact that he wrote an editorial about how he is scared to see the new Star Wars because he is afraid the theater will get attacked by ISIS then pulls this stunt makes him one of the more entertaining right wing personalities.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Bernouts would be mad that full communism now wasn't full or now enough.

So you are saying that between Full Communism Now and Accelerationism that the truth is... in the middle?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Patriot Act Ver. 2.0 is imminent.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

quote:

The death toll from jihadist terrorism on American soil since the Sept. 11 attacks — 45 people — is about the same as the 48 killed in terrorist attacks motivated by white supremacist and other right-wing extremist ideologies, according to New America, a research organization in Washington.

The Great Satan maintains a slight lead, but can they hang on going into the playoffs?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

DaveWoo posted:

I wonder how far back you have to go in American history to find another example of a presidential frontrunner openly espousing rhetoric as vicious and hateful as the sort of stuff Trump is saying now. Any historical exports want to weigh in here?

I'd posit that Joe Lieberman's 2000 campaign came pretty close but he still wasn't quite as open about it.

The thing about Trump's rhetoric is that it is like doping in baseball in the 90's. There is a gentleman's agreement that nobody will do it because anyone who does will obviously gain a massive advantage over everyone else. So the only time anyone gets upset about it is when you have enough proof to show that the doping is why a certain person is so far ahead of everyone else. So that is my sports analogy.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

So Fox and Friends had a guy on today who teaches kids how to go full Carson on active shooters.
http://mediamatters.org/embed/static/clips/2015/12/08/43667/fnc-ff-20151208-activeshooter

The Junior Human Shield Brigade.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I always thought the "best"(if you could take the dude down) was to hide behind the door/blind spot to the door then try to jump this shooter, then try to choke him out or bash his skull in with something heavy. not this batman krav maga poo poo.

Last nights Fargo confirms this. It is a true story, after all. :v:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

And Roberts spent most of his time today asking when it's all going to end, apparently. Dude is very eager for Post Racial America.

According to his comments after gutting the CRA, racism in this country was ended when Obama was elected president. He's probably just angry that the rest of the country hasn't seemed to realize that yet.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

When was he radicalized? Should we restrict Christian immigration into the US until we "figure out what is going on?"

We still have no idea what his motivation was. The biggest mystery of our time. Guess we'll just have to move on.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I would say Trumps top 2 nominees for SCOTUS would be Carl Icahn and Gary Busey.

Maybe Omarosa if he was seeking progressive cred.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I can almost understand the spiteful contrarianism among Trump supporters, but actually justifying mocking a disabled person just makes you an utter rear end in a top hat, full-stop.

These people just don't seem to care at all about how they're perceived anymore and are proudly airing their most despicable opinions out of sheer anger and frustration.

Their grandkids probably don't call them anymore due to the outbursts and racial slurs at Thanksgiving.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

JT Jag posted:

Then if you wanna have integrity as a journalist, show something that proves they are lying without outright calling them a liar, and then ask them to explain themselves.

They'll probably bullshit their way out of it, but at least you maintain your soul.

It has a lot to do with what is considered a "gotcha question". In the past it was a question where either answer would make someone look bad. Now the definition has been twisted to be when someone in the media asks a question, knows how the candidate will respond and has a pre-prepared rebuttal. Then the journalist is called out on it because the only reason to say a republican is wrong about something is if you are a liberal. Thus the sides are drawn.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

JT Jag posted:

The Republican Party ratfucking Trump out of the nom and Trump running third party would actually for real cause a schism in the party

They just can't find an elegant way to stop Trump from hoarding their coveted rear end in a top hat demographic.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

JT Jag posted:

Oh MOM

If Bernie Sanders weren't such baller leftist angry grandpa I'd probably like you

Just watch The Wire again to disabuse yourself of such notions.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I support Martin Shkreli and his eternal quest to win the uncontested title of Biggest rear end in a top hat in the Universe.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

My Imaginary GF posted:

Everyone has enough money to influence regulation; not all individuals are willing to part with it and buy some access to their local electeds. You'd be surprised at just how far $1,000, or even $100 can take you.

So you just expect us to walk into city hall to deliver cocaine or are we supposed to send it through the mail?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

JonathonSpectre posted:

"Hey Bill, can I borrow your shoes for a couple of days?" :wtc:

"Sure, Dan, as long as you submit to my strict vetting process when you return them. I'm going to need a list of locations that the shoes have visited and proof that they have not been radicalized by odor, otherwise just throw them in the garbage."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Hillary said may the force be with you.

This is really going to hurt her among left-leaning libertarians.

LeeMajors posted:

Other dominoes fall today? This week?

Jeb is just blowing through millions with no ROI.

Guessing that he is encouraging his donors to invest in video editing software and stock footage companies.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Oh man, I forgot about this -- goons, did you know that not only was Trump being misogynistic towards Hillary with 'schlonged' but he was also trying to get people scared about scary, big ol' black rapists and their monster dicks? Find your safe space and check your privilege because David Brock is on the case about the super-secret micro-aggression Trump was throwing down:

You can't get one past ol' Brock.

Judging from a truncated URL I figured David Brooks wrote this because I have no idea who the gently caress David Brock is and was fairly confused.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Radish posted:

So basically the prosecutor feels cops should be allowed to murder with impunity.

To be fair, this is pretty much a job requirement for DAs.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I'm pretty sure legally they don't have to, since they never leave the WH grounds to drive on a public road.

Typical federal elitism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

FourLeaf posted:

Seeing tweets saying "Dubai skyscraper's been on fire for hours, but hasn't collapsed. HMMMMMMM...." :cripes:

So they are implying that the fire is made of jet fuel?

• Locked thread