Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

N. Senada posted:

I'll bet ten bux he won't.

:toxx:

E. To be clear, I'm referring to him deflating this month. He won't deflate, he will soar even higher as the war on Christmas continues.

The War on Christmas is such a silly thing, considering Christmas's 30 years of unopposed victories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I know we're all hoping Shkreli winds up in a federal pound-me-in-the-rear end prison, but come on, let's be serious here. He's gonna get fined, and that'll be the end of it. Because our justice system loving sucks. :smith:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Welllllll......

Boots on the ground is a very vague wording. Sending Special Operators is not generally considered boots on the ground, because they tend to be sent to places where we won't consider sending normal Army/Marines.

Boots on the ground for most people is mainline Army/Marines. You could probably get away with claiming this with him deploying Army advisers in Iraq, however.

Seriously, Delta Force running around kicking in ISIL faces is waaaayyy different than the 3rd ID occupying Al Anbar.

Mostly because it's actually effective at diminishing ISIL's ability to wage war, whereas occupying forces just give the enemy a clear target.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

So you're saying Obama is a liar because he sent ground forces to Iraq two years after he said he wouldn't send them to Syria. Does this mean you've accepted the legitimacy of the Islamic State?

I guess if you like your caliphate, you can keep your caliphate.

Delta Force has 10 letters, Death Panel has 10 letters. Both of them supposedly kill conservative religious folks.

:tinfoil:

edit: Oh, and The Revenant looks loving badass and is based off a super badass true story and everyone should go see it.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

this_is_hard posted:

GIP is absolutely as bad, and GBS isn't much better.

To be fair, GiP kinda transcends irony and places it on a whole new pedestal. It's hard to say what's real down there.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Dogge thread is real

Post dogges

Pette dogges

:agreed:

The GiP Dogge thread is better than the whole Pet Island because it's nothing but dogges being dogges.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

Dog.

It is called a dog.

You're a dog :colbert:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Its surreal, but I'd hate to say its ironic, because its really not. :smith:

Yeah, more than likely.

Everyone wants to praise the troops, even though they're the worst :smith:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

The Navy and Coast Guard aren't as bad as the Marines and Air Force... maybe the Army is better to but probably not.

Nah, I've got two brothers in the Army (anecdotal, granted). They'd be just dandy with tossing all of the Muslims in America into internment camps. Most of the Marines I knew are the same way.

The Navy is probably the best of the bunch, and ironically the most effective at actually "defending" ARE FREEDUMS.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

I'm trying to find the Pew article I read earlier in the year, but I believe it fell something like the most liberal branch was the Navy with a 48%/52% Lib/Con split and the worst was the Army with a 35%/65% split with the Air Force not far behind. Marines were surprisingly liberal mainly because there is a comparatively high percentage of minorities but still fell way behind the Navy.

Sounds about right, though I would've pegged the Evangelical Corporation that is the US Air Force to be the most conservative, but hey :shrug:.

We're all lovely in our own way I guess :v:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

We had a Muslim guy in our department. Some of the more vehement right wingers (going by what they post to Facebook now) decided to throw his prayer rug overboard

He got another, ended up keeping it in a storage space he had a key to that most couldn't get to. I never saw him pull it from there to use though.

:smith: One team one fight, eh?

CommieGIR posted:

:doh: The problem is the Conservatives in the Armed Forces tend to be the higher ranking individuals more often than not.

Usually. My last 1st Sgt at my reserve unit was an ultra liberal postman from Jersey, which was the most shocking thing in the world to me after the last several I had dealt with. My favorite was probably the one who would rant continuously about how gays would be the fall of the USMC, similar to the decadent destruction of Rome or whatever.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Ours was a guy who started preaching about how the holy land proves that the Bible is true and that I was going to hell for believing in Evolution.

I wonder if he has a Molon Labe flag and rants about Spartans ;)

Eh, he was a hardcore biker douchebag. So yes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

TheDisreputableDog posted:

It's strange how the left considers themselves moral arbiters and protectors of Muslim Americans when people say mean things about them, while their president blows them up because they're on a list and the response is a shrug.

But sure, "right wing bullshit". Just like Syrian refugees are somehow a moral imperative now, but when they actually had homes and a country, no one wanted to commit troops or material.

lol, what's the going kill-count of civilians under Obama's administration vs the Bush administration? 3,000? Versus the nearly 1,000,000 under Bush?

Go gently caress yourself.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

foobardog posted:

O'Malley sure is setting himself up to take Biden's place as America's goofy uncle.

We're gonna go from Diamond Joe to Emerald Martin :swoon:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

*900 new posts in the span of 6 hours*

I take it some stuff happened?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Much like his political campaign, my Jeb! reference goes over like a lead balloon :cripes:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

I would like to know more.

I'm from San Bernadino, and I say kill em all!

(white people, that is)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Masonic Youth posted:

I think you just figured out what his next reality show will be.

The GOP primary is already pretty much The Apprentice: Presidential Edition.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

The amendment fails 47-52.

We now move on to the Cornyn (R-TX) alternative to the Feinstein (D-CA) amendment. Feinstein's amendment prohibits people on the terror watchlist from buying guns. Cornyn's version instead adds a 72 hour delay to the purchase.

HAAAAAahahahahahahahahhahaahhaaaa :suicide:

gently caress this dumb government

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Is this an example of a "good" substantive post I should be aiming for?

And the point is, how can the administration protect us from a movement they steadfastly refuse to recognize or label.

7,000 air strikes and 20,000 dead militants over the past year seems like a pretty effective method to me.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

greatn posted:

Muslims get Mississippi. Native Americans get Alabama and Tennessee, Cuba gets Florida

What the hell did Muslims, Natives or Cubans do to you to deserve such a poo poo platter?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

My cousin recently liked a posting from her local right wing KKK militia chapter because it sounded nice

You're cousin might be a KKK member then. Who the hell likes a KKK page?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Man, if only that couple knew their explosives well enough, they could've taken out a shitload of retarded and incompetent reporters. Woulda been a net gain for the US media tbh.

Jesus what a bunch of dumb fuckers.

edit: Or cops and FBI guys, I guess, but here's hoping they would've used an EOD team to properly sweep the place. Still, buncha jackass reporters.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sorry. Macabre humor that allows me to laugh keeps me from screaming :shobon:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

JT Jag posted:

It seems pretty obvious to me that there are crime of passion elements to this, even if radicalization was a factor. Why shoot a bunch of people one of them worked with, instead of a more high-density location? It was personal.

It was both a terrorist attack and going postal.

I think they were likely planning something larger, but just decided that this was a target of opportunity and went with it. I dunno, I'd consider it a terrorist attack if there was, y'know, a message or something attached with it, but as it stands it seems like that'd be jumping the gun a bit. They were intending to commit a terrorist attack but decided to go with a workplace shooting first for whatever reason.

Kafka Esq. posted:

Why do your own citizens hate your country so much they shoot it up?

300 million people with 100 million firearms and relatively loose regulations.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Liberals hate this country and would rather see it destroyed than see one person being successful

Meg From Family Guy posted:

THey are correct.

A shameful troll.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

Some microphone mis-management by the Speaker and a speech from spaceman Bill in this week's hits and misses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowqY86U-0k

lol, When did Paul Ryan get a beard? I thought he was shooting for the Young Gun look.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

That part of Obama's speech confused me. If someone is on the no fly list, does that not currently show up on a background check to get a gun?

Knowing this country, it probably does, but it just doesn't disallow you from owning a firearm.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Potential BFF posted:

Every other day of the year it's all General Tso's all the time, but December 7th? We're getting schnitzel.

Hamburgers and spaghetti :classiclol:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

zoux posted:

Here's a video of a retired Lt. Col. and current Foxnews guy calling the president a total pussy.

White House repsonds:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

zoux posted:

This man is running for Vitter's Senate seat.

By supporting communist Kurds in their war against Daesh.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

USPOL Dec: Get with the pogrom!

Get up, come on get down with the pogrom!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet and we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas closing that Internet up in some way.

"Somebody will say, 'oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people… we've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they are recruiting by the thousands, they are leaving our country and then when they come back, we take them back."

--guess who

He'd be better off talking to Gore honestly.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

tehllama posted:

A yes, the global war where the most heavily armed nuclear state loses and doesn't initiate worldwide atomic holocaust.

Hey, the US still technically lost the Great War in regards to the Fallout games.

So did China, of course. No one really won.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

Well, as a result of his statement, Trump has been endorsed by just about every white nationalist on the scene today. Polls are showing that two thirds to three quarters of his supporters think Islam should be illegal.

Naturally, none of his Republican opponents have ruled out voting for him if he's the nominee.

:shepicide:

Man gently caress this country sometimes, y'know?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

fishmech posted:

Ol shooty Jethro is sure going to be able to figure out which "Muhammed Arnold" is the right one, or even pick which one to kill out of the dozens that are out there. Get real, he'll get bored before he drives 50 miles.

The distance between Robert Dear's home in Hartsel, Colorado and Colorado Springs is 64 miles.

These sorts of racist, murderous shitfucks should not be given a public list of US citizens that have been accused of terror ties without due process.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

fishmech posted:

I don't see what that has to do with anything. You get that the hardcore types already are willing to shoot the Muslim guy in the areas (he's actually a mexican, but they don't know that) right?

Making a list of people public to society without an actual court of law condemning them as an actual threat is a horrific breach of their privacy and opens them up to bullshit vigilantism by dumbshit right-wingers bent on killing anyone browner than a paper bag and if you can't see that as a problem then you should probably find a right-winger and suckstart their firearm.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

fishmech posted:

No it really isn't a breach of their privacy, and also the dumbshit right wingers who really want to kill someone can already open a phone book and see the name "muhammed" as a conviction of Felony Being Muslim. Your whole thing requires people willing to kill for very little reason at all to somehow only want to kill people on one specific list. Like some sort of bonehead Lawful Evil D&D character gimmick.

Because shithead rightwingers wouldn't be motivated until they saw the "!!!NO FLIGHT TERRORIST LIST!!!!" put on public display and wouldn't maybe think some of those folk would need to be offed. It's not just being named Muhammed or any other vaguely Arabic or Islamic name, it's the virtue of being on the list and that list being made public that makes one a target.

Vigilantism is wrong and dumb yo, and being put on a list like that without any sort of due process is a bad thing, especially if that list is made public to the very dumb and very active right wing in this country.

edit: Goddammit I'm engaging Fishmech and his pedantry is gonna kill me :suicide:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Radbot posted:

Yes, former Marines want to piss on him and set him on fire because of his policy decisions, I'm sure.

It's more just that most Marines and former Marines are dumb as gently caress. Source: I'm a former Marine and I'm stupider than dog poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

If they can't come to a decision then the delegates become unbound and they vote until they come up with a winner.

And if they do that against the will of their base then the GOP is basically tossing the election, yeah?

• Locked thread