Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'm trying to imagine what would at this point.

I'm thinking something like a mass shooter on top of an SUV swinging a decapitated head at the end of steel chain like an around the world yo-yo, splattering blood on bystanders while hooping and hollering like Major Kong at the end of Dr. Strangelove.

Trump's inauguration party is going to be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

zoux posted:

I'm still laughing about the fact that Fox had Mark Fuhrman on as an expert analysis to decry the PCness of the coverage of the attacks.

There are a large number of people who think that Jack Nicholson was the hero of "A Few Good Men."

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Electric Bugaloo posted:

AFAIK, Trump hasn't really spent all that much of his own money on his campaign either. Sure, he'd obviously be giving up business income to be President (I know Presidents have to give up corporate positions but I don't think they also have to give up shares or income-earning investments, right? .

They're just put into blind trusts where you would have no idea that starting two huge wars would benefit your Haliburton portfolio.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

greatn posted:

How do these motherfuckers keep getting radicalized? You were born in the USA and had a cushy loving govt job. What the gently caress is your problem! You have a wife and kids and live in a god drat gentrified area and get to do whatever the gently caress you want!

How the gently caress do you fall for some imam from good knows where taking you hey how bout killing some folks?

Maybe they wished him happy holidays instead of merry christmas

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

greatn posted:

I said Saudi Arabia

I thought I heard it wife was from Saudi Arabia. Not all visits to home countries imply attending a terrorist training camp.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

, wouldn't it be prudent to drop the idiocy with IRan, shack up with them, and leave the Saudi's hanging?

What do you think the oil embargo is for? You can't flood the market with both sources. You bottle up iran, drink Saudi arabia's milkshake dry, then flip sides.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

cravius posted:

Yes the Nazi regime is a classic example of behavior motivated by judeo-christian values.

Whats more judeo-christian than wiping out an entire people? Just ask the Canaanites or Sodom. Or hell, the whole earth minus Moses. Or we could keep it low key and just kill off the firstborn like in Egypt.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

While there are boring cupcake matchups, there are so many teams that there's bound to be at least a couple good matchups every week. No one watches every single cfb game. Maybe every one of your schools games if you're really into it. But as entertainment, there's a good game every week. And because the teams abd the fans are so into it, it's like getting a superbowl every week. I absolutely love college ball.

Even without the parity you fund in the nfl, cfb is entertaining. The size and skill level is totally different. Trick plays work. The loving option works. And you get some ridiculous mismatches. Sometimes it's fun as hell to see a guy whose destined to go in the first round go up against a guy whose going to be working in a car dealership and watch him get trucked for three hours.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fox Ironic posted:

I also heard that Ted Cruz has a small penis. Can we discuss the manhoods of the Republicans contenders? Because I support a dick discussion derail in this thread.

Entirely scientific survey

http://www.cardsagainsthumanity.com/survey/

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Why not - did Bush drone strike US citizens?

You mean other than on 9/11? :tinfoil:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

mcclay posted:

Hey, thats my church.
O-Oh
Thanks Reddit.

I tried going to a UU church as an adult. My wife and I attended and I think we were the only ones there under the age of 70. The focus of the discussion was dealing with grief and accepting impending death.

They had great childcare though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

The supernatural bullshit is optional, but you get to pick your own if you want it. So you have a fair number of atheist UUs, but also pagan UUs, vaguely pan(en)theist UUs like me, a smattering of Christian/Jewish/Islamic UUs, and a bunch of miscellaneous. It also varies heavily by congregation. The one closest to me is very strongly atheist/humanist, which I have nothing against but find a little boring, so I drive a little out of town to the one that has more pagans, deists, lapsed methodists, and cool atheists who are a little more chill about the rest of us having our weird superstitious nonsense.

It's definitely great if you have kids and want to help inoculate them against religious conversion attempts and other nasty bullshit they can run into, plus there's a comprehensive, LGBTQ-positive sexuality curriculum for Sunday school.

/churchchat

This is exactly what I was looking for when my wife and I went. Maybe I just went to the wrong one or on the wrong day. We went to the one in aptos. Maybe san jose?

• Locked thread