Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

How are GOP leaders getting away with saying refugees aren't being vetted and that we need to enact stronger measures to keep out terrorists? Are they betting on people literally not knowing anything about the refugee resettlement process (ie that it is already the most stringently vetted migration process we have) and will not even do the most basic of fact-checking? :psyduck:

Because they know people literally don't know anything about the refugee resettlement process and don't do even the most basic of fact-checking. A significant portion of Americans believe that being a refugee means that someone shows up in a boat on the shore, is given a green card and is given a house/medical care/a secure job/stacks of raw cash. This is something people actually believe, and I have heard from the mouths of otherwise sensible human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Don't Uber and Lyft drivers have the same issue with their car insurance and vehicle registrations? I doubt they re-register their cars as livery or taxi vehicles at the DMV or with their insurance company unless the ride sharing company forces them to. Which they probably don't, because fewer drivers would sign up and these companies are all about skirting regulations to make a buck and sticking the contractor with the consequences if things go bad.

As an insurance guy: Yes. Most auto insurance policies expressly forbid personal vehicles being used for taxi services. If the carrier or agent finds out, the driver's hosed. Most get along off the idea of 'I bet I can just lie to the claims guy and they'll never know'.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I love the GOP and their supporters urge to jump head first into any brawl in the world, guns blazing.

What's the current GOP war tally? We should be at war with ISIS and Iran, involved in Syria and Ukraine... I'm missing at least one, I think.

• Locked thread