Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

zoux posted:

Why would radical Muslim terrorists attack a disabled services center?

Why would anyone attack it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Jesus christ 14+ dead?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

They're with Jesus now actually. mistakesintomiracles.jpg

Oh gently caress off.

E: Ugh. I know that was a joke. I'm just upset. Sorry.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Pohl posted:

NBC news just said that the report that one was in custody is incorrect.

According to them 2 are still on the run.

Wait are there 3 or 4 people?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Oh god, I just woke up and it was Muslims? Welp, Trump's gonna win. Bye everyone.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Everything about this is so bizarre. And now the typical suspects will be making speeches about how YOU CAN'T EVEN TRUST THE MILD-MANNERED MUSLIMS AT YOUR SCHOOL OR JOB...

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I feel really, really bad for that baby.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Antti posted:

CARL MARK FORCE IV was joking but yeah, that actually seems like a more rational explanation, although it doesn't survive Occam's razor.

Women committing mass shootings, and with their partner no less, and they have a child, is extraordinary. You may need to reach decades to find a similar example in the industrial world. That's why it's tempting to think they did it for a common and understandable cause, like their kid. It also makes the religious angle more appealing than the disgruntled employee angle.

It's unfortunate they are both dead because this may have also been an example of folie à deux but we may never know for certain.

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't intend to abandon their child, seeing as they fled the initial scene instead of blowing themselves up/shooting themselves/lying in wait for the cops. Maybe they just severely underestimated the speed and ability of the authorities to find them.

I was trying to think of another example of a woman doing an attack like this with a young child, and I got nothing.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
They just doxxed the suspect's mother.

Please tell me someone, anyone is going to be charged with tampering with evidence OR SOMETHING.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
How can all the authorities be this incompetent?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Strangely, this isn't a problem with the houses of our Christian terrorists

But that's the thing, you think they'd be more careful with a SCARY ISLAMIC TERRORIST than a kinda sorta maybe we-just-don't-know-his-motives Christian terrorist

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Mulva posted:

I believe they call this the horseshoe effect. In any case I agree, I consider myself a mainstream liberal Democrat and I am not afraid to say that this was very clearly an attack by islamic terrorists. I think it also hurts us as a party when our leaders aren't willing to say such. Like it or not these people, like those in Paris, were motivated by religion; and it doesn't help the U.S., or the world, to deny that.

Yeah, once it came out about the whole online pledge to ISIS thing, I feel safe calling it a terrorist attack. Now, still a rather odd terrorist attack, mind you. Or maybe not so odd; if you want to rack up the body count, and you work at a disabled services center, you already know the layout and you know its not going to offer much resistance.

The people saying he was angry because of an argument might have attributed a lot of importance to something after the fact that the guy didn't actually care about.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Can someone please clarify:

1) Is the suspect's home, which couldn't possibly not still be under active investigation, being contaminated by the presence of the public and press?

2) Have their been identified press who have entered the suspect's home (goons have mentioned CNN and Inside Edition)?

Yup, apparently they just decided to throw a party in there. I've seen MSNBC, and I've heard Fox News too. As well as complete randos. TMZ is shaking their heads in admiration.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Could the family sue MSNBC over this? :(

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

fknlo posted:

So does a pledge to ISIS before anything violent make it a terrorist attack? "I'm robbing this gas station in the name of ISIS!" kind of stuff?

Well... yes. As in, the implication that you are committing a violent act in order to further ISIS's ideals and goals. Since a crime requires political or ideological motivation to classify as a terrorist act.

nachos posted:

Did they just walk in the front door or literally break into the house?

According to MSNBC themselves the landlord let them in.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

The now doxxed grandmother, the 6 month old child, or the two dead mentally ill wannabe terrorists?

The grandmother, the brother trying to adopt the 6-month old child, the grandfather...

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Apparently one woman took her child into the crime scene.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

The house is full of FBI evidence forms that the reporters are showing off too.

Oh come on! Someone has got to be charged for this.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
This debacle seems to have been going on for over an hour now. Do the cops and FBI really just not give a poo poo? Why haven't they rushed down and put a stop to this? Twitter is now saying someone brought their dog into the house.

Hollismason posted:

This is the best question asked ever to Hillary Clinton

http://theslot.jezebel.com/woman-to-hillary-clinton-does-believing-rape-victims-i-1746185809

Sorry its a jezebel site, but it's a hilariously awkward question.

I love it.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Mulva posted:

The FBI already took everything of evidentiary value so at this point there's nothing to contaminate.

spacetoaster posted:

If they have already left the scene (evidenced by the receipts for all the crap they took) then they're done with it. When the police clear a crime scene the owner (next of kin, landlord, whatever) can do whatever they want. The police don't just get to keep a building forever because a crime happened there.

I thought that the records of what they seized still being there indicated they weren't finished yet, but if they really just leave all that crap behind when they're through, then so be it.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Here's a hint: any mass shooting is terrorism.

Not necessarily? Terrorism is defined by a political or ideological goal, at least according to the FBI. So the Columbine massacre wasn't terrorism, for example.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

William Bear posted:

If any of you are Muslims trying to get an early start on your Eid Al-Fitr gifts, I have a feeling this is going to be the hot item in 1437!

http://www.amazon.com/Goodnight-Stories-Quran-Childrens-Muhammad-ebook/dp/B00ICNAZA2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1449256784&sr=8-4

This is really, really depressing.

Talmonis posted:

I was gonna go with Jackals.

Vultures also fits.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That's just a contrived invention though.

Please elaborate.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

idiotsavant posted:

I wish I could remember the name, but there's a sci-fi short story that's essentially this but even more so and honestly it's plausible and terrifying.

It's "A Birthday" by Esther Friesner.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
So why has everyone on twitter just accepted that the DNC plotted to make sure no one saw this debate on a Saturday night? Because I know that got brought up in this thread a few months ago and it got shot down as paranoid.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

blue squares posted:

It's getting to the point where Sikh temples and businesses need to have signs up saying "We're not Muslims you idiots"
They already do!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Hi. I'm a Unitarian Universalist. My denomination has really gotten behind this whole Black Lives Matter thing, but gosh, maybe it's just a waste of time.

What you need to do here is put up an additional sign saying "Every time you deface this sign we donate X amount to the local NAACP. Carry on!" or something like that

(since BLM is so decentralized it's hard to find a good way to directly donate to them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Seeing tweets saying "Dubai skyscraper's been on fire for hours, but hasn't collapsed. HMMMMMMM...." :cripes:

• Locked thread