Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

TheDisreputableDog posted:

So according to Obama: it's too early to understand what happened, we need to wait for all the facts before deciding how to respond, oh also we need stricter gun laws.

He's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

So we completely ban automatic weapons like France and... wait-

The US has roughly five times the population of France, and has had ~350 mass shootings so far this year. Assuming it's proportional France would have had ~70.

Considering that I'm sure you can easily list 15 mass shootings in France this year?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

These people literally believe that an exchange of freedom for safety is unacceptable, lol

While we're at it let's legalize murder because ahem, any person who would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. Anyway murderers are evil criminals, it's not like they care that what they do is against the law. Gun bans don't stop gun crime, why do we think murder bans will stop murder?

Maybe that's just a coincidence and he got a bad year end review.

Really we should have seen it coming after the recent spate of shootings by radicalized individuals in Charleston, Minneapolis, Colorado Springs and elsewhere never mind, I forgot that only Muslims can be radicalized

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Why trade the Mojave for zero carbon power, when you can get zero carbon power without sacrificing the Mojave?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I can't with the people using Tamir's height as a justification for why the police shot at him. None of these idiots had a gangly cousin growing up? My brother was 5'8, 5'9 when he was a freshman, but he did NOT look like an adult at all, even from the back.

It's not socially acceptable to say it's because he's black. :ssh:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Also, "(science/engineering/computers/higher education) should be able to choose the best candidate for the job"

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Let's meet the white conservative racist trump-inspired republican responsible for the mosque arson in Houston:

drat you and your serpent tongue, Trump! He's so good he's tricking people who consistently attended weekly prayers at a mosque to attempt to destroy their own house of worship. The fiend!

Meanwhile, the FBI announced a $5k award for information about the guy who put bacon on the doors of another mosque. Turn that guy in, easiest $5k ever.

Whoa my dog just went berserk all of a sudden.

• Locked thread