Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'd feel worse for them if they weren't so influential in politics.

The thing that makes me chuckle is how the news actually reports on whether or not a president goes to church in a secular country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

pathetic little tramp posted:

If Trump were a true political genius, he'd demand that the debate be pruned to the top 3 or else he's going to buy air time on a competing network and blow the ratings out of the water doing a live town hall.

poo poo, this would be a dream scenario for me. Watching this go down and CNN crap their collective pants in fear while the Trumpster is praying his ratings go higher if he actually has to follow through...

It's like the Mexican standoff at the end of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly except it's just bad and ugly and I pray they both shoot each other in the dick.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

:ughh:

Don't hide, kids! Attack the armed man! :haw:

"Don't worry, kids! With his magazine limited to 30 rounds, only 30 of you will die, and the rest of you will be heroes! Free iPads with pre-installed copies of Crossy Road for the survivors!"

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Right, I think the thought is that if he goes third party /after/ the convention, they can say he's sabotaging the party because the nominee was done so under a legitimate process.

While I agree with this, I don't think it will help them with the bigger problem at hand where the chunk of the party supports Trump specifically because he isn't an establishment player and that he's specifically breaking the party.

Judging by the reactions at Trump rallies where people cheer him on when he yells horrible poo poo about Muslims, I get the feeling these are the folks that voted Republican for years due to their racist dog-whistling but now are mad that nobody in the GOP has actually pushed through on ethnic cleansing like the racists wanted. Now they're getting it in Trump, and calling him a traitor to conservatism is exactly what his supporters want (alongside the literal death of all browns/mooslims/catholics/liberals/abortion doctors/that neighbor down the street that talks funny/starbucks red cups/etc.)

• Locked thread