Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Joementum posted:

From the information we have, most likely scenario is a standard (and sad there's a "standard" here) workplace shooting. That said, the available information is quite sketchy.

How many workplace shootings involve multiple shooters, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Black Baby Goku posted:

Are you guys hoping this isn't ISIS because that would mean a Trump presidency?

It sure doesn't seem like ISIS since they went in, shot a very specific group of people and left immediately.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Grouchio posted:

If these shooters worked for ISIS, would this doom the Democrats election?

Ironically it could ensure their victory if Trump gets all the hate votes in the primary.

Hollismason posted:

This kind of buries the Planned Parenthood shooting. Ugh, fuckkkk gently caress fuckkk fuckkk gently caress gently caress gently caress fuuuuuuck,

What? It's not like anyone's mind was gonna be changed by that.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

When I was a kid I fashioned a bomb out of a hollow ball of clay filled with sand and a scrunched-up paper towel for the wick. I asked one of the recess watchers if they could light it for me so I could blow up one of the portable school rooms and they took it away. :(

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

EvanSchenck posted:

If it was a terrorist action, why did he choose to attack his own office party full of San Bernardino County bureaucrats? They could have gotten in the car and been at any of a dozen LA-area tourist spots in under two hours. Disneyland, for example. Had they done this last Friday at almost any mall, they would have killed scores more people and put the whole USA in a panic for a month. Conversely, if it was just a workplace thing, how did he get accomplices to join in?

I doubt this will make any more sense tomorrow, but I'm hoping for at least a minimally coherent narrative.

It could be a workplace shooting inspired by radicalism like Nidal Hasan. The accomplices are what make it weird but I guess they were just down with whatever so long as they got to kill people.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

This appears to be just a collection of muslim community leaders speaking in no uncertain terms that they condemn these shootings.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't watch this right now, but what is CAIR?

Council on American–Islamic Relations. They're the muslim community leaders who condemn radical islamic terror attacks that the right wing media pretends don't exist.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

blue squares posted:

Honestly I am surprised there have been no (official) ISIS attacks inside the US. How hard would it be to get a boat, a couple of guns, sail up to the coast and then attack some random place?

Pretty hard, actually. It's easier to recruit people who are already here.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oooookay, the reporters are showing the brother-in-law pictures on their devices and asking "Is this your dead brother in law?"

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ballz posted:

It's fake.

Serrano just tweeted: SB police clarifying that 2nd name was not released by them. Appears now to be a hoax. We are disregarding.

Yeah, according to this CAIR thing the shooters were the dude, his older brother and the brother's wife.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

EvanSchenck posted:

Sure, but Nidal Hasan's workplace was a US military base full of US military personnel. It wasn't much of a leap for Hasan to see his victims as soldiers engaged in a war against his religion. These people were, what, clerks and health inspectors? I'm probably just giving Farook too much credit. Maybe he convinced himself that shooting local government officials in the armpit of California was a powerful blow for Islam.

Or it was the largest gathering of people with little/no security presence he could think of. Or he just really loving hated them, hence the shoot n' scoot.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Black Baby Goku posted:

If he is the only choice they have, they will vote for him

Nah, most of them will stay home. That's why the sane people on the right are doing everything they can to keep him from winning, he'll ruin the entire down ticket in almost every state.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PhazonLink posted:

Weren't there some post-2012 studies that "showed" this happened to Romney?

Nope, turn-out among self-described conservatives was as high as it ever was. It's that liberal turn-out also remained high and moderates favored Obama.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pohl posted:

They were laughing and joking around during the last presser. It was pretty jarring. It is almost like they don't know the cameras are on them, and it is a horrible optic. The officer for public relations was laughing her rear end off as was the ATF agent, then when the presser started they all lined up and looked solemn. I'm wondering if they are going to be called out on this behavior over the next few days.

In a way that leaves me felling kinda sad and gross it's almost comforting to know these kinds of events don't even make people bat a loving eye anymore and significant hay won't be made from this come election time because nobody cares.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Okay so here's what happened: They were planning a larger, more organized attack but someone at the Christmas party pissed him off so much he said "gently caress it," ran home and got his poo poo. That's why the pipe bombs didn't work. That's the only way this stupid thing makes any sense.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Senf posted:

Officer at the presser just referred to "pipe bomb like" objects, too, so this didn't come from nowhere. I'm pretty sure it was reported earlier that they were not bombs, though.

The presser guy seemed to think they were but who knows. Them shooting the place then leaving fake bombs doesn't make any sense.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'm gonna go with this being the most plausible scenario.

It's that or they were the muslim equivalents of Burt and Heather Gummer, keeping homemade pipe bombs handy in case the graboids attack.

Oh god, were the people at that party graboids!? :ohdear:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

shrike82 posted:

poo poo, Jimmy Carter's grandson just passed away. He's had a tough year...

My first reaction was "The one who got the Romney 47% video out to the media? :tinfoil:" but no this was another grandson.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

hangedman1984 posted:

One great thing to come out of the Sanders datagate thing is all the hate that DWS is getting

Why is she still the DNC chairman? Does nobody else want the job? She seems so thoroughly reviled by everyone.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bullfrog posted:

Ah, the great tradition of American conservative "humor".

I wonder if good comedians/writers ever tried to make legit funny "conservative" humor out of either a sense of pity or for the challenge of it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Joementum posted:

Yes, Minister is a Thatcherite screed and consistently funny.

Stop giving British examples, that's cheating. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Killer robot posted:

It also started limited release in December since they had it in mind as an Oscar candidate to start. December/January is the big divide for whether the producers have big hopes for a movie vs whether they're just dumping it out, even if it's a small release the first few weeks. Is Bayghazi out yet at all, or is it upcoming?

• Locked thread