Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So what's the odds on December being the month that Trump deflates?
Nothing happens in December. Nobody is paying attention.

The question is whether things pick back up where they are now when everybody reboots in January, and they start paying more attention to politics with the looming primaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

How are GOP leaders getting away with saying refugees aren't being vetted and that we need to enact stronger measures to keep out terrorists? Are they betting on people literally not knowing anything about the refugee resettlement process (ie that it is already the most stringently vetted migration process we have) and will not even do the most basic of fact-checking? :psyduck:
Are you new to American politics? Betting on people literally not knowing anything about the refugee resettlement process gives about the same odds as betting on whether the sun will rise tomorrow.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Enter: Barack Obama, circa 2013:

Scene change: 2015, Obama's words holding steadfa--

It's not boots on ground, it's foot apparel temporarily occupying space on surfaces, Obama told me so!
They were just a fledgling group in 2013. Now they occupy significant chunks of land, have killed a poo poo ton of people, have committed terrorist acts in Europe, threaten terrorist acts against the U.S, and we have done about as much as we can with airstrikes already.

There are lots of reasons to be against sending ground troops into the middle east. Because the president said he wouldn't two years ago is not one of them.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

What wouldn't make Obama a pussy in the eyes of Fox News? Him leading a heavy calvary march from Islamabad to Mecca, slaying all in his path?
"Pussy angry black Muslim uses taxpayer money to pay for Hajj vacation"

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

Moving out on your own was a stupid boomer ideal. At least not before you start spawning more parasites.
To be fair, I think both the boomers' parents and children are extremely grateful for being able to minimize the amount of time spent around them.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Some intrepid reporter went and talked to actual Trump supporters.

quote:

"When you're in war, you have to take steps that are not American to protect yourself and defend the country," said Margaret Shontz, of Cedar Falls, Iowa, as she arrived at a Trump campaign stop in Des Moines on Friday.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'd like to go back (to) when I was younger in the 50s and 60s, when the country was a little better. It was America then. I'm starting to worry we're starting to lose identity in this country, I do believe," Witmer said.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Being compared to Hitler is how you know you've reached the apex," said Gary Hopper, 58, of Bedford, New Hampshire.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Look, if I let you borrow my shoes from my house, when you bring them back, I'm not going to bring them back in until I reassess and see what I've got," she said.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

But... but... he raised his hand in the first debate, promising to support the eventual GOP nominee. :(

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

botany posted:

Is the GOP debate up on youtube somewhere as one large video? All I can find are 10 minute chunks.
They're trying to prevent alcohol poisoning fatalities.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Not a Step posted:

There are many, many victims of police brutality out there. Michael Brown wasn't one of them. Maybe try substituting in Tommy Yancy or Tyree Woodson into the list instead? Or really anyone who wasnt shot after trying to take an officer's weapon, then turning and charging the officer in the middle of the street.
D-

*later at parent/teacher meeting*

"Your son has great trolling potential, but it's disappointing to see him not put in the effort. He repeatedly turns in sub-par work, when he bothers doing it at all. Is everything all right at home?"

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

ComradeCosmobot posted:

EDIT: Oh, and forgotten in the news yesterday: RealID is still coming. While most people had been told that only New Mexico, Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota and Washington would be rejected for airline travel starting January 10, DHS has warned that this may well expand to ban Californians and New Jerseyans (among others) as well.
That is pretty goddam stupid for the Obama administration to put the deadline in a presidential election year. Plenty of states now have good reason to let the deadline pass without being compliant, because the federal government (a.k.a. Obama and the Democrats) will take the blame. The political solution will be to transform the anger that's coming into a GOTV effort for Republicans, rather than into pressure to get the states to become compliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

You'd think that with all that money, they could afford to hire Tom Delay's mugshot photographer, and get a John Edwards $500 haircut.

• Locked thread