Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Interweb posted:

Okay, so if I have this right:

- regular birth control pills prevent the sperm and egg combining to form a zygote, which is (grudgingly) supposed to be okay by pro-life folk.
- Plan B supposed to (or at least the pro-life folk claim it) stop the zygote from implanting in the uterus, which is NOT okay with the pro-life folk?

If so, then one question I have: I could be wrong here, but doesn't failed implantation happen quite often, naturally?

there wolf posted:

But that's all science and since when do pro-lifers give a gently caress about that? Basically anything that can or has been used as emergency contraception is considered an abortifacient, including the copper IUD. The logic is that failure to implant or miscarriage is in god's hands, but any steps taken to cause or just increase the likelihood of outcomes is deliberate baby killing that must be stopped.

Yeah the only thing that matters to them is if you take the pill before or after sex. If it's after, then you're actively trying to deny that child from being created. If you're just on the pill as a daily thing, then it's easier for them to accept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Middle Easterners receiving lots of packages! :happyelf:

Man, this LA news station is going pretty hard on the 1984 tactics in response.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The crisis actors are among us.

:doh:

There's no such thing as reality with these people.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Yuuuuuuuup

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SA strikes again.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

I got 100/100 on this Name that Senator game. Some of them are tough because it's a dark photo and their face is hard to make out.

I'd be severely disappointed if you didn't get a perfect score on that.

JFC, these people will get upset about anything.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

MMM now this is the kind of content I live for.

Ahahah

Rand definitely got the Wire Mother inside the Paul family Skinner box.

I knew Ron was an rear end in a top hat, but holy poo poo what a terrible person.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I've found my favorite headline of the year.

http://www.chron.com/about/article/ut-austin-texas-dildos-mass-farting-fart-protest-6694231.php

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
In a surprise twist, Hillary will choose Vince Foster as her running mate.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

I would also like to note that Trump only got 30.2% in the SA debate poll, coming in second.

He must've accidentally covered it up with that image.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

haveblue posted:

The third-most-hated man in America (behind shrike82 and Gail Wynand) defends his recent actions by going full Bulworth and threatening to have the Albanian mob rub out the Wu-Tang Clan.

That kid is going to end up dead on the side of the street someday, he's trying way too hard to be a badass gangster and should just be happy he's rich as gently caress.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Martin Shkreli is going to buy every single 35mm and 70mm copy of the original Star Wars trilogy and burn them all on live TV after he makes a personal digital copy of each one for himself.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Optimus Subprime posted:

I hope the album is confiscated and the tracks are used as background music on the treasury.gov website.

This is amazing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.texastribune.org/2015/12/18/patrick-appoints-allen-west-former-florida-congres/

quote:

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on Friday announced the appointment of conservative firebrand Allen West, a former Florida congressman and prominent Fox News contributor, to the state's Sunset Advisory Commission.

"There is no mission more important than working towards a more efficient and effective state government," West said in a statement. "As a graduate of the University of Tennessee and a former member of Congress, it is a blessing to follow in the footsteps of Davy Crockett who came to Texas to fight for liberty and freedom."

The Sunset Commission, whose members are appointed by the lieutenant governor and speaker of the House, is tasked with periodically reviewing the operation and efficiency of different state agencies.

I hate Texas voters so much.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bob James posted:

Has Bernie even seen Star Wars yet?

Not enough rape.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/S3998644.shtml?cat=10335

quote:

Five Superior City Councilors are calling on Mayor Bruce Hagen to retract a Facebook comment referring to President Barack Obama as a Muslim who has "destroyed the fabric of democracy."

Hagen's full comment, which was posted in response to a photo of First Lady Michelle Obama, reads "Unbelievable! She and her Muslim partner have destroyed the fabric of democracy that was so very hard fought for!"

Hagen told Eyewitness News he made the comment in response to something that a friend said, but declined to elaborate. He said he stands by the statement and said it was an expression of free speech.

"No, I don't understand how public comments made by an elected official might be potentially damaging to the city/town being represented. Why do you ask?"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2015/12/21/old-man-wanted-more-than-money-branson-bank-robbery/76070266/

A 77 year old with severe health problems that was living in squalor and rejected by a VA hospital in Missouri woke up and robbed a bank and turned himself in so he could go to prison and get healthcare.

Echoing that them including the VA line without context is hosed up and reinforces the idea that the VA is a shitshow. That system has gone a long way to help the tens of millions of people that they're responsible for and issues are far fewer than they were under Bush and Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah for real, this is the only chance he has to actually enjoy being the President.

• Locked thread