Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Skoll posted:

WoL is near 200 members right now, the majority of whom are actively playing since the game suddenly got good again.

Try 30-50 active in WoL, half being newbirds. I just don't want you getting pumped up (and inevitably dissapointed) when :pgi: patches and WoL goes back into maintenance mode.

Wounds like what CW currently is, lack of coherent vision for where the game experience is going, and the :10bux: gouging for robots, are hard to heal for many oldbirds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Astroniomix posted:

The best way to support your team is to do things that directly result in the enemy team becoming dead.

This. Because:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It wouldnt have been for me, but for the team.

You have to trust your team enough to know they can hold their own. Even taking a BAP is better, and there are so few times it's optimal soooo...

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

novaSphere posted:

Yes. The heat basics didn't get changed, but every one of the other basic skills did.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/215830-patch-notes-1438-01-dec-2015/

All this did was make me want PGI to add a North Korea flag for glorious Space-North Korea.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
I don't plan slosh-ops that far ahead. How about this Sunday instead? :v:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Beraiye posted:

anyone can host a 12v12 in the private lobby, but only having a premium account holder as the company commander for each team allows you to play with the rules. Like dropping the "Full Teams" requirement.

Yeah, there will always be some goon with premium (I can't believe that might be accurate :psyduck: ), but the reward should be having a drunk Backhack/Ohsh/G1mmel running spectator commontary.

Goons are prone to poor fiscal choices tho, one may offer it, but it shouldn't be the default carrot for the event.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

The Repo Man posted:

Unfortunately most people know to just hit F9 and get your position data, then 11 people report you for griefing.

WELL THEY DO NOW. jerk.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

OhsH posted:

there can be only one

upvoted.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Lonjon posted:

If you activate the free week of premium time, does it also activate a month's worth of banked premium time?

https://mwomercs.com/rewards

Reward time is activated immediately, but if it's banked time you can activate 30 day blocks of it via your profile page in a web browser.

IIRC doing it ingame is bad, so I never did it that way.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

ZenVulgarity posted:

Let's do a round of builds to make aod mad

My new _____________ uses a XL engine and MG's.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Just a heads up I quit this game in favor of playing splatoon. You can remove Etreri from WOL.

Good call. Look out for my 8yr old, he'll camp you with the big roller until you ragequit.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

teepo posted:

try to build a better robot :colbert:

Done.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

acumen posted:

I've reached a crossroads in my adult years and am considering playing MWO again (it was this or alcoholism). It's been about four years since I last logged in, but apparently I have 5000 MC, 2.5 million credits, and several kitted out lunchbacks/K2's. Is this enough to get me rolling in modern meta mechs or am I hosed?

Squawking/alt+f4 for third person being bannable does make me pretty sad.

FYI- MWO and alcoholism aren't mutually exclusive.

Those robots are a start, but you'll also see at least 2 loyalty robots with cbill boosts in your mech bays. That'll help a bit... Once you save the $$$ up for upgrades and parts.

Squawking is only bannable if one of the GM's didn't get enough fiber or some such.

They actually used F4 for 3rd person view for a while. Never change :pgi: .

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

sarmhan posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=347&l=b5830915e18516edda18ca645eb4524ea42a200a
This is my go-to 5M build- good midrange firepower and you have a dead torso to shield with.

Move the 1/2 ton from the leg to the CT. Less chance for it getting you superdead...

Or drop the 1/2, all together and give that left arm a little more sheild armor. From those shots from underneath.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Internet Explorer posted:

The OP still has registering for the forums and Star Citizen, which can't possibly be current.

That is comedy gold. gently caress every other post in this thread, or any thread, go home.

I won't belittle this acomplishment with a gif.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm considering getting back into this after hearing that it's finally good again, are any of my CHIVERS™ boys still playing

Say "perhaps" to robots.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Devorum posted:

LBX-2's on a Panther, you say?

DO NOT SUMMON "SLANG" IN HERE PLEASE.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Internet Explorer posted:

Did someone just mention modpod in a positive light and no one batted and eyelash?

He's a sexy guy, what of it?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
I think it's funny that the redditard was named "j0ke" and he was complaining about graphics, using a screencap that probably wasn't his, showing hax to rile up any redditard that fell for it.

:bravo:

gg close

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Skoll posted:

Who gave the Romulan Warbird legs?

It was part of my critically acclaimed fan-fiction. Also, Spock sexes Kirk alot.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Zaodai posted:

Well their anti-cheating policy does seem to involve just hiding in a cave for awhile, so maybe they are Jesus?

:laffo:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Oh Snapple! posted:

"You know what happens a little too often? Brawling."

No.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Oh Snapple! posted:

Look I was just throwing out my guess as to the vision behind the map.

Having now actually played the map now, it's not seeming like as much of a guess anymore. It's loving garbage.

It's only garbage for brawling robits. LRM/snipers should be fine. The pussies

It's as big as alpine, but with less cover and more open spaces. :pgi: hates brawling.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Surprise Giraffe posted:

I get the feeling a lot of robots sometimes have this problem (still)

No joke, I let my kid drive the new Warham on the testing ground and he was shooting a Cicada's butt (practicing for Phorashi). It took front CT damage.

It was the only robot we found on the new map. The rest were obscured by the cover of head-height ditchery and 1.5km range separation.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Endbuster posted:

The hit boxes on the torsos are hilariously tiny. It's like the thing is made of arms and center torso. Guys here are running the XLs and it doesn't seem to affect their survivability. It's kinda like the QuickDraw or blackjack in that it can twist away damage really nicely and if the XL in the torso is the cause of your death, you were going to die anyway. I would totally buy them if I was around for the early adopter window.

It's funny because whenever I had a standard in them the sides torsos may as well not existed, but in the one build with an XL, I was indestructible.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
In keeping with the vernacular and history lessons... This never gets old*:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3KqxAv7J0

*to me.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Bentai posted:

Or to me. Loved the work from the Oldbirds.

Good, here's the drunk history from a great slosh ops night:
https://soundcloud.com/lemniscate-2/the-history-of-battletech

Totally stolen from the clubhouse. Opsec!

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Love Stole the Day posted:

Seriously

edit-- unfortunately, though

For added laughs, you'd also give Skoll a pretty good sized stroke if you got hired.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Der Waffle Mous posted:

It amuses the hell out of me that goons have more or less developed their own clan commlang.

Aff.

C'mon, there are so many things to rip on that you'd need a lexicon for the alternate nomenclature.

What sucks is that even the word "slang" can't be legitimately used because SLang is synonymous with "sucks".

Sorry the soundcloud didn't work amw, that's Rev and Prof. Curly doing the schooling. :patriot:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Lonjon posted:

I want to buy a 3rd Dad during this sale event so I can finally Elite my current Dads. I have Ghost Dad and Loyalty Dad. What would be a good 3rd Dad?

I was told the D was basically a DDC w/o ECM, so I skipped the RS and went with that. If you really want to make people groan in disgust, get the K.

e: Or buy a Boar's Head, you rich mother-fucker.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Patrat posted:

That is why you drive a Rhino Stalker at all times and just run right at the enemy team whilst drinking beer. Worst case scenario you do 300+ damage directly to center torsos by relentlessly and mindlessly SRMing/lasering people, before you explode yourself with overheating as a million long range missiles slam into your doomed mech.

This guy gets it. :golfclap:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Washout posted:

Jared was innocent! Kardashians are good role models!

I get that the map is too big, but I also get that Skoll is more patient than most of us "BRAWL OR DIE" types.

Skoll's wise, well thought out, eloquent post ( :psyduck: ), and the successful use of those tactics last night while goosed on 198 proof Kansas moonshine has swayed my opinion on the map from "gently caress THIS EARTH" to "perhaps".

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Dreadwroth posted:

If I can't get an invite to GIRL I'm ok with WOL instead.

Call your CW drop: clans (furrys/incest) = GIRL, IS (state sponsored racism/incest) = WoL.

FWIW, nobody really drops CW much because herding goons/cats and dropping CW solo is akin to being a gold medalist in the special olympics.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

ZenVulgarity posted:

If some idiot gave me 30 to 55 bucks to spend as a gift, what are some good buys

I already have premium time as a gift

Give it back to BMR before Anita gets jealous of your new bromance.

Unless it's on sale, there are no good buys save one... Jade Falcon warhorn. And that is never on sale and stupid overpriced too.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

A.o.D. posted:

You know the Gargoyle is a thing, right?

You can also mount a flamer in the Awesome's head. Instant win. Especially when you drop with team helios and they get mad from you cooking them while simply chatting in mumble.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

WebDO posted:

Excuse me, but they banned the one and only person using cheats ages ago :colbert:

Perhaps you're experiencing Ghost Cheat

This is the only reasonable explanation.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

mashed_penguin posted:

Playing this game with goons is infinitely more fun than soloing. Plus you get to hear fun goon life anecdotes while shooting robots. Occasionally there is even good teamwork and poo poo going on.

loving LIES.

sebmojo posted:

I won't be able to invite for a while, but luckily anyone can invite, just go to Member Management in Faction Play and type in their name.

Or just grab them as a friend and invite with right-clicks. OPSEC time, make them go through the "Trial of Walter" before inviting, afterwards, make them get you coffee, prostitutes (not TOO expensive), and dry cleaning.

e: Perhaps drugs too... Perhaps.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Raged posted:

looking at buying the HBK II pack since it is not a stupid price. Is it worth it?

Realtalk? I did this when they came out. I haven't touched them yet. Too expensive to upgrade if you have less than 7mil earmarked for each.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Daylen Drazzi posted:

That reminds me of way back when - the Clans had just been added to TT about 6 months earlier, and a friend and I decided to go to an RPG store on a Saturday when they were doing a campaign. Just intended to watch, but the owner/referee needed more players and walked us through putting together a couple mechs and pilots and threw us in the match. The goal was for the Clans to take a city, but minimize the damage. Naturally the Clan players started dropping artillery strikes on every building after one of the IS players had ambushed them and inflicted heavy damage from a hollowed out building. So the referee dropped another lance of mechs on them as punishment. My friend was in a long-range mech and rolled a head-shot on one of the Clan mechs, and the player couldn't avoid the crit and died instantly. I'd seen plenty of kids throw tantrums, but never a guy in his 20s or 30s. He was completely losing his poo poo, and didn't stop until the owner threatened to ban him from the store for being a baby. The battle ended with half the Clan mechs shot to poo poo, 2 or 3 of them dead, their objective not accomplished, and the town pretty much destroyed. 0 exp for all the surviving Clanners. Up until that point they'd been stomping this poo poo out of the IS players, and the owner was so pleased with the turn in events he gave my friend and I complimentary boxes of the Battletech game. I bought more of the sets over the years, but they're all sitting in storage boxes in my mom's garage. I get the urge from time to time to go over to her house and dig through the all the crap and pull them out, but the sheer effort cuts the desire off.

You just described this game where :pgi: is the store owner, the store is the brown sea, and the tantrum guy is literally every clan roleplayer. But instead of free game boxes, you get to be on the receiving end of a Cleveland Steamer.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

ZenVulgarity posted:

Last night's cw was fun even though we got pooped on. Distracted nights are fine to me, especially since you can expect at least two players two be drunk.

You're doing it wrong if 2 people are sober. Get on my level of liver disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

WebDO posted:

I'm sorry it upsets you that I've implied Russ is an idiot, and that it's laughable that they claim they've been able to detect cheaters for over a year but haven't done anything about them because reasons

I see where you're coming from. Mebbe the team helios guys all have gold robots and that's why :pgi: has been reluctant to swing a banhammer.

While, honestly, banning cheaters that also have gold robots is the pinnacle of "cool things to do". :pgi: gets ::10bux: x 50, we see less gold whales that need to be legged because they're blue. Everyone wins.

• Locked thread