Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

How do I get rid of this loving friend request

Uninstall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Perhaps it's the Rakshasa! http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rakshasa

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

Please don't spend real money on robots.

That advice is coming 4 years too late ;).

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

Nah. On my third or fourth game with the above build, I happened to get teamed up with a competent 1V player running the 1LPL build. After having spectated him getting ~800 damage and 4 kills to steal the match, I immediately went and mothballed the gimmick MGs, forgive me oh great Gitgud Frog for I have sinned.

I guess this build would look like this: LCT-1V?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

I want to sell my CN9-D since I never ever use it over the loyalty one, but I just know that if I do there will be some massive LBX buffs in the next patch, guaranteed

Well the -D comes with some okay quirks:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Whats your favourite playstyle?
Needing a 100-ton assault or not makes a big difference in variety obviously.

Other than that, i would unironically recfommend a mist lynx, because its (currently) the only mech that allows 3 timber wolves to fill up.

I personally prefer 3x Hellbringer + 1x Stromcrow.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

You get a decent chunk of CBills from it, so do get around to completing it at some point.

The Academy pays out 5 million C-Bills. So yeah, do make your drill instructor happy.

Bonus Achievements:
I didn't shoot the Captain = Shoot the drill instructor
One other achievement = Get killed by the Drill instructor

Both pay out 100 C-Bills. :pgi: has a bit of humor.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Here you are

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

DancingShade posted:

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a warhorn that simply plays a slot machine jackpot noise when you get a kill, complete with the sound of coins spilling out.

Or the cash register sound.:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kd7LcKbaUA

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
The HBK-4SP has insane structure / armor perks.

I'm infected with Centuritis, don't listen to me.

The Centurion-AL can still do nicely with 3x LL. I still love my Wang, and the Cent-D can go fast, or the A as mini SRM boat.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Wow, those patch ntoes.
This patch basically ruined 4 of my favourite mechs.
Not happy.

Well you see: You can not be allowed to be happy with the mechs you have. How else can :pgi: make you buy new ones for :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Best part of the patch notes:

:pgi: posted:

Changes to Long Tom Artillery

• Maximum amount of Damage that can be dealt to a single 'Mech is now 1320 DMG (120 DMG per Component).
• That is a reduction from the previous 1650 DMG (150 DMG per Component).

Now a direct hit will make you less dead than before. Have fun! :pgi:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Fil5000 posted:

The idea that alpine peaks is the best map choice at all ever is hilarious to me, given that sodding map is at least 50% responsible for the game turning into a tedious peek/poke snipefest when it was released.

Viridian Bog and Mining Collective are kinda nice. Especially if you like to play a Taliban light. ECM Mechs with good JJs and an ER PPC (Spider, Cheater, Shadowbad).

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Artificer posted:

Taking advice on how to possibly improve this build.

You could add an MG. For added close range punchI'm joking!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

veedubfreak posted:

Quick reminder, the Viper gets injected today. So there will be lots of idiots playing a bad robot with no basics today.

In light of the customization options inherent with any layered Decal system, we must stress that the use of Decals is subject to adherence to the Code of Conduct. Violations of the Code of Conduct through the inappropriate use of Decals are subject to moderation.

How exactly can you put an inappropriate decal on your mech? It's not like you get to make them yourself.

Here from :reddit: You need to click the smiley for a direct link to the image. https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/4tpdqq/the_yenlowang_living_up_to_its_name_nsfw/ :nws:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Well we can't have nice things :pgi: http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/07/1598-hotfix-scheduled-for-21jul2016

quote:

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday July 21st at 3:00 PM PDT [10PM UTC], with the following changes:

• Archer: Fixed an issue where the Center Torso could appear invisible at certain ranges.
• Crab: Fixed an issue where the claws would be removed when no weapons were equipped in the LA/RA.
• Phoenix Hawk: Fixed a tilt issue with the Center Torso.
• Viper: Fixed an issue where the Set of 8 Bonus was listed as a Set of 2.
• UrbanMech: Fixed an issue with Torso Twisting beyond a certain degree.
• Viridian Bog: Fixed an issue where the Mini Map did not reflect the updated terrain.
• Fixed an issue where OmniPods could appear to be duplicated when they are unequipped and the Loadout is saved.
• Fixed an issue where the First Victory of the Day Bonus could be rewarded multiple times.
Fixed an issue where double-tapping C-UAC weaponry would trigger Heat Scale as if multiple weapons of the same type were being fired simultaneously.

Though the last note should help my poor Dual UAC/10 Hunchie.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

At this point, i believe outsourcing balance to the first nerd you find would be a better solution than letting this guy having another go at it.

I mean they nerfed quickdraws last patch.

I'd like to point you to SC nerds and would also like to mention that there is some overlap between the "fans" of SC, Transverse and MW:O. Yeah Paul is certainly :pgi: but he's not the worst possible person for the job.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Marathanes posted:

ACH still awesome as well. I know some quirks got nerfed, but I barely even notice. Just shoot butts all day.

What are you running in that thing ?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
So far we had we (Tank Girl Barbie and me) have each received 2 supply caches. She had a 360 Std engine and an Omni Pod, and I got 2 Omni Pods (both times Kit-Fox-C left arm). The Arms are about 26k more C-Bills than the sell value of the box. While 25 MC for 1 million isn't bad.
I've bought some Mech packs (over the course of years), which is more or less buying C-Bills with money. If they'd removed the shittiest trash from the caches, it would be okay.

That you need to run premium time to open them is lovely (didn't know that). I just had banked premium time left over from god knows when. Though at least the personal challenges award premium time and a key with the caches. And yeah sell one cache, open the other. Or keep the other for key give-aways.

There is also only a limited amount of times they can have colors in their events as give aways. Unless they'd add more colors. Which reminds me: We still have a glaring lack of good pink colors to select from.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its free poo poo that nobody wants and is not actually free since you need premium to open.
Ill trade you my 2 boxes for a color, deal?
gently caress that, ill make it 4 boxes for "Plain loving White".

NihilCredo posted:

The event also gives you a day of free premium so you can open it.
Ok, I agree that if events used to give away COLOURS on the reg, anything that makes them less likely prizes is bad. I've only been back a few weeks so I haven't seen any of those though.

:shrug:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

It says a lot that when I misread your post I thought "what, :pgi: won't let you give them money unless you first give them more money for the privilege? ... actually yeah, that totally sounds like classic :pgi:, I'm not even shocked".

:same:

:3: :five: :parrot: :yarg:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
How about Kodiak-3: 1x Ultra-20, 2x Ultra-10, 4x ER Medium: With double tapping the UACs= 80 +28 from the ER Meds = 108.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=408&l=c0e0dc0b51b47b940df8c449745a3ef8127451bf Can fire everything for 11 seconds. Without coolshots.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
You can also fit SRMs on the Cheeter: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=291&l=1b090ae98de0f5b1a9c8de19ddf00cddcaf445ad
It's a bit better in terms of DPS than the 6x SPL build. And can deal damage at slightly higher ranges.

Though this was a rather exceptionel round for me. I suck at lights.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

armchairyoda posted:

You and Barbie need to jump in tomorrow. Screw the whole "It's 12-1am local time" crap. You'll bothe have a head start on the drinking, and I will run "Firefucker" Jaegermechs with you two on demand.

e: drunk typos = best typos

Sorry but we don't drink. Not even beer. We might hop in though.

This is the Firefucker build he's talking about : http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=65&l=9e22f2564d42fbb28d0881c5b75655d69e9ad16d
And from the same line of thinking (or madness) the Straight-to-Hell: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=81&l=fbcb7c99df20720c5ee091ff36053b2d221c2458

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Zernach posted:

Speaking of Warhawks, why am I having so much fun with this stupid rear end mech: WHK-C(C)

It might have something to do with the constant stream of shells you put out alternating the guns as long as the rng doesn't gently caress you over immediately.

Well one of my Hunchbacks has the same armament, and speed. Though it comes with less DHS and armor.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

Ok so now saving a mech loadout is quick, cool. Next one, PGI: make the "Connecting..." not take fifteen thirty seconds to do whatever the hell it's even doing every time you finish a match

It was better when the First Win of the Day Victory award was bugged (you had it forever). Now that it has been fixed, the conenction times are bad to being long.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I did stumble upon this build for my Idiot Novat (Loyality Mech): http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=342&l=6995204c6210b0be73b178094c8a44514cfcb888
Certainly not the best build, but it runs cool (for a Nova build), and handles good enough for me.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
So you all know about the big HugBear. And are waiting for it to be available for C-Bills. Yeah I know you can (probably) fit the Kodiak-3 without ending up with 4 MGs and all of the Flamers. But you might want to try something different for the KDK-1 and 2. While pike and poke is all fine and dandy. Brawling can be a lot more fun. Just vote for the right maps (you won't get them).

KDK-1 HugBonerOne (400XL, 6x SPL, 1x UAC-10, 2x SRM6+A)
Hits like a truck and isn't the hottest build I've tried. SPLs deal 36 damage, UAC doubleTap another 20 and 24 from the twin SRM6 (80 "alpha").

KDK-2 HugDoubleJumpBoner (400XL, 6x MPL, 1x UAC-10, 2x JJ
Runs hot, cools and kills fast. Just the MPLs deal 48 damage + 20 from the doubleTap. You can watch your heat rise in real time. It will also melt enemy mechs.

PSA-Warning
Buddy up with a DADlas or Hellbringer for some ECM cover. A Hellbringer has the advantage of having more agility, to deal with those pesky content locusts.
Both builds aren't as foolproof as the KDK-3 HugQuadLove (375XL, 4x UAC-10. Click left, click right, blow Mechs up all night.

EDIT
I should note that I'm not a big fan of sitting on my rear end (or moving around) while sniping from behind hills and trading. I could play a stupid trading card game if I would want to trade Not completely serious.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Willfrey posted:

Maybe I am overreacting. But god peepsniping just brings back bad memories of ye olde 2ppcgauss Cataphract poptarts. Also they couldn't match us with any other opponents for five consecutive matches.

Still entertaning to watch them nanny the community. Gotta keep that ESRB rating, wouldn't want a busy mom passing up that boxcopy at Bestbuy.

Are you talking about 12vs12 or big groups in QuickPlay? It might sound strange but there are some interesting videos on the MWO Channel. Namely from the tournament with brawl decks vs. Long Range. Though it certainly depends on the map.
World Champion match featuring Executioners with Flamers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyjL7eLWSRE

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

How come the match footage is always of such an extremely low quality? I can barely see any details and I can forget about reading any of the text. Is it the spectating client or just that the guy running it has a bad computer? Are there higher quality streams somewhere else?

I have yet to see good spectator videos. Though the most interesting part is the general movement and tactics used. Though I'd like to be able to look at it in higher fidelity.

EDIT: Higher Quality - Might not be better content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xTsmXlS4VE

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 25, 2016

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Honestly, if they charge money to open the crates at least the outcome shouldnt be weighted towards the shittiest result.

Yeah, that sucks. Though it's another copy/paste thing they did. War Thunder does something similar (though considerably worse): They do have free loot packs (random chance), those open for free. But the chance to get anything "premium" (currency/items) is insanely low. They (War Thunder) also have loot boxes (direct purchase with premium currency), which are a lot more like to getting poo poo for your money. You even may end up getting ingame currency.

So at least the Keys in MW:O are a lot cheaper than the premium boxes in War Thunder. They'll also give out free Key(s) during event(s) (1 Key during the personal challenge last weekend). So you can at least keep the best caches and sell everything else.

That being said: I'm not a big fan of those gamble caches either. Might be because I only end up getting poo poo all out of those. On the other hand: It's no suprise that you don't get a guaranteed million+ C-Bills or premium items out of each cache. But 6.95 $ can buy you 50 Keys, or a Pizza.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Yeah you shouldn't count on getting anything premium. If you open the caches: Expect to receive at most 200k C-Bills extra per cache. That's 8k C-Bills per MC or ~ 10 million C-Bills for 6.95 $. Wether that is worth it to you, is a personal thing. I am going to blow my remaining MC on Keys.
My findings so far:
5x 250k C-Bills
2x Kit Fox-C Left arm
1x IFR-D right arm
1x ER PPC (IS)
1x C-SRM 6

Tank Girl Barbie
1x Std 360
1x Hill Climb Module

I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here.

Lonjon posted:

Has PGI made any statement about probability distribution for crate unlocks? If there are 8 items in a box, do you have a 1 in 8 chance to get each of the items, or is the probability weighted against the most desired items?

Basically, is this legit or is it a rigged carnival game?

It's rigged. It's :pgi:....

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Just stumbled upon this: https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/4ueimj/more_single_heatsinks_more_single_heatsinks/
And came up with this horrible mess: MAL-1P -180 STD, 48 SHS, 4x LL

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
To be fair: It's not :pgi: doing the recording. It's those guys: https://mrbcleague.com/
And they're not bad as moderators. Not Duncan Fisher, but you can't have everything. And those Canony Fights are more interesting to watch than I thought. And choosing conquest did add something to the whole positioning game. Points aren't aall important. But can not be ignored forever.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Pattonesque posted:

The worst part really is that you can see the Blue Team mech list just fine, but the Red Team mechs are a blurry mess

It would be better if the background on those lists wouldn't be opaque. The contrast is better on the blue list.

tarbrush posted:

Ok, if the crates aren't flat 1:8 odds of getting each individual item that's shady as gently caress, and I taken back anything even vaguely supportive I've said about them.

I think that the ratios favour lowere value items was mentioned in the patch notes. Though those tend to not be very visible long term.

Patch Notes posted:

For some of the higher-value items you can acquire from a Supply Cache, such as a Summoner SMN-D (including a Mech Bay to house it) or a 1000 MC pack, the value of a Supply Cache Reward can far exceed the value of the Supply Cache Key used to unlock it. The more valuable the item however, the rarer it will be!

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

tl;dr 'flexibility' is rewarded because you can't rely on teammates to fill any given role.

I think MetaMechs author Gman got it right when he wrote: "We're currently in the mid-range DPS Meta". And don't bring slow Mechs (less than 60 kph) unless you really know what you are doing. Mediums and Heavies are better choices than Assaults/Lights. At least for most people.

The most obvious choices for medium are: HBK-IIC, Stormcrow, HBK.
HBK-IIC: - The Glass Cannon
Has a poo poo load of options for big bang. But is rather fragile (hitboxes and no durability quirks). Stay close to a bait mech (Dire Wolf / Kodiak / Atlas / King Crab) and support them. Is expensive, but you can do well with the stock engine. So no DHS tax. Can fit Jump Jets and is very good at using cover. Can fit dual AC/20s, AC/10s or dual Gauss. BANG BANG.

Stormcrow - Jack of all Trades. And Fast
Can do everything, is quite fast and has better hitboxes than the HBK-IIC. Though it lacks JumpJets, which comes in handy in many places. Hard points are a good bit lower than on the HBK-IIC and it has less free tonnage. But it can still pack a brutal punch.

Hunchback (IS) - The little though guy that can take it like a champ
No Jump Jets and only IS tech. But it has very good durability quirks. The 4SP variant can go toe to toe with some Clan Assaults and win. You should run a Standard Engine, which allows you to zombie freely. 4G, 4P and 4SP are still good robots and will gently caress poo poo up. No need to spend much except for DHS, Endo Steel and a bigger standard engine.

Heavies:
I personally would recommend a Hellbringer over the Timber Wolf. Since the ECM will allow you to (mostly) ignore lovely LRM boats. It also helps the fatties on your team. Though there are a lot of good heavies. But they tend to be a "bit" more expensive than their smaller brethren.

EDIT

Pattonesque posted:

It's weird 'cause if you make them TOO good then poptarting rules, but then you have what we have now which is "take one, maybe two, and any more is a waste"
I do like the ability to jump on top of the bigger hills on Viridian or the buildings on Mining Collective in my Shadow Cat / rear end-Cheater.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

PoptartsNinja posted:

If Sadwolf and Starecat are wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert:

Also, we can finally fix that angel.

Edit: I am an artist.

:golfclap:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
If you're willing to give :pgi: money, they'll throw in extra mechbays and lovely supply caches. Don't buy it for the caches, those are poo poo. It's an extra 250k C-bills on average per Cache.

EDIT:
Those Mechbays are a 15% increase in "value" compared to the basic package. The supply keys are another ~4%. The caches? They're worth nothing, since you can get them for free :smug:

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 27, 2016

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

A.o.D. posted:

I hate it because you can go faster and sacrifice almost nothing.

MAD-3R

Here I made some small tweaks and improved upon it: MAD-3CAT

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

lol nice one.

Did they fix the ghost heat on double tap yet?

Yes they did. Don't fire 4x UAC-10s at once though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
It's happening:

• Locked thread