Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
:pgi: sux

first page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
You should get the ECM. You should also get some more frames.

Anyway check out this omni-pod action:

Regular old SHC-PRIME

SHC-PRIME with SHC'-B's Left Torso

So, as long as you don't care about Eliting/Mastering the mech you can buy omni-pods for a single chassi and turn it into any other variant (except the center torso). This is the way of the omni-mech.

You should also keep an eye on the quirks. Pods have individual quirks that stack with each other. For example, SHC-B's arm have debuffs to LRM's. They're on This page

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Pattonesque posted:

CW tonnage increases:

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/677611865594138625?s=09

250 for Clans, 265 for IS

so now you can bring four Timber Wolves GG EZ

I'm no math pro or anything but isn't 4 Madcats 300 tons?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't know why I'm the dirty one, clans are the ones breaking game balance with their -1 slots and -1/3 weight.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Number19 posted:

Listening to Talking over the shot caller is more important than talking for the most part anything else so get in Mumble and shoot robots with goons a mic and be A Bad.

FTFY

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

teepo posted:

!@#$ crabs go 124kmph? or did

i know what my next mech is

I think that's just the -20 variant.

So what's peoples opinion on the Blackjack? It's a little slow but otherwise it looks good on paper. How are XL engines in it?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Help me remember:

If I build a CW drop deck with a single 30% boost mech, the boost applies across the whole match?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Love Stole the Day posted:

imo the best builds are just mass SRMs+a couple of large lasers to balance it out.

Yeah man, SRMs work GREAT on TOP DOG.

jfc

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

JacksAngryBiome posted:

Also, how about the Orion?

I'm a fan.

Lots of goons give me poo poo about it but gently caress those guys, they ruin everything.
PROTECTOR

ON1-V

ON1-K(C)

Those are the bundle mechs.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Razzled posted:

Dual AC20 jaeger confirmed still fun as gently caress

There's no way around the XL unless I want to be slow as balls right?
Am I doing it right

What about this one
Doesn't seem as fun

E: Hows the Maulers arms for blocking?

DiHK fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 2, 2016

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

ZenVulgarity posted:

People will immediately turn all their guns on you once they hear double ac20s going off I've found

Yes. And it doesn't last long, and it's not fast enough to act like a striker. Bah, still fun tho.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

comon man at least be serious with it...

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
PPC's are crunchy. Like that AC20 round. It's a visceral connection.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

teepo posted:

this is especially true when your projectiles/effects are set to very high

I wish they affected the victim's HUD.

19, when will this happen?

Also, where is the Awesome on the upcoming scale pass?

Edit:

Pattonesque posted:

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/684098971225096192

Alpine is staying in the rotation when New Map comes

IDGI, he'll weather incredible abuse over big poo poo and cave over much smaller things. I'm betting Alpine will have very little weight in the rotation.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 4, 2016

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

OhsH posted:

there can be only one

The sensation I am feeling is the quickening.

In my pants

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Where are you guys seeing marauders for less than the $80 package?

Anyway, Medium talk: You guys are forgetting the Blackjack, which is 45 tons of fun. I imagine it plays like Urbies big brother but I don't know from personal experience.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh, yeah, I meant the Mauler. I don't want no 2nd hand Zentreadi bull poo poo.

And yeah, BJs are great, I don't have an Urbie so that's the personal experience I meant. THere's even one that can fit an AC20 and a couple of medium lasers. I've face tanked dumb atlases in it.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

ZenVulgarity posted:

Bjs are great eh?

I recommend BJs for everyone!

But I'm like that guy a couple pages back: I won't personally spring for it but I thinks its a pretty good idea for sure.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
4s are less ammo hungry, and you can often fit 4 4+A's or 3 6's.

Also, some people think ROF is better than DPS.

But w/e, the choice is yours

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Any goons have both a Mauler and a King Crab? Which one handles a brawl better? I don't know which one to go after. I'm inclined to go for the Mauler but idk, tough choice.

My smurfy research indicates that they'll go similar speeds with similar payloads because the Maulers engines are smaller.

For example.
KGC-000B

MAL-1P

That's only .5 ton difference.

Armor/structure ends up being fairly similar too, as the Mauler has a 10 point bonus to Structure on it's torso's where the KC just gets arm armor.

Even quirks end up being similar with MAL winning in variety and quantity.

KGC-000:
AC/20 COOLDOWN: 5.00 %
BALLISTIC COOLDOWN: 10.00 %
BALLISTIC VELOCITY: 15.00 %
ENERGY COOLDOWN: 10.00 %
TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 25.00 %
ADDITIONAL ARMOR (ARMs): 17.00

MAL-MX90:
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (TORSOs): 10.00
TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 10.00 %
TORSO TURN RATE (PITCH): 10.00 %
BALLISTIC RANGE: 25.00 %
BALLISTIC HEAT GENERATION: -10.00 %
BALLISTIC VELOCITY: 25.00 %
MISSILE COOLDOWN: 10.00 %
MISSILE VELOCITY: 10.00 %
TURN RATE: 5.00 %

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
It's a 2 day wait to switch CW clans?

GIRL isn't CW'ing... And honestly clan mechs are kinda boring despite being better.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Thronde posted:

The 6 ballistic Mauler is loving absurd. I only got 1 match in it before work but when you put guns on something they feel it.

Yeah but how fast is it? How much ammo? I rolled around in an 4xAC5 tonight and had a fine time trucking about at 60ish kph.

I tried it in smurphy but couldn't get it above 40 kph and short ammo. We're you using AC2s?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Thronde posted:

Stock 270, 5x ac5,2x medium lasers (that I might remove) does 46 or some slow poo poo. It's not fast.

Ah, 5 ACs, that makes sense. Still tempted to try this though

So, this is probablly a Bad Idea but I was thinking that maybe an XL would not be so bad in certain Maulers. The MX90 is still strictly superior but follow me here; Loosing a mauler side is literally half the payload, so even with a STD you're still half the man you used to be. The Maulers thing seems to be high DPS, and it stands to reason that getting more tonnage on the payload would improve the efficiency of it's Mauling capabilities. The MX90 has an alpha between 20 and 25, not counting any lasers and a DPS of 8.55. This MAL-1P with a XL325 has 7.63 DPS with an Alpha of 52, most of which cycles pretty quickly.

I dunno, I prolly won't like it, regardless of whether its good or bad. AC5s are just so crunchy and flexible.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Tujague posted:

If I post a bad build here will you guys make fun of me because I am in a fragile emotional state right now

Ok you know what I am going to claim my space and stand up to your negativity ok I'm not afraid of you buttholes

If you offer criticism that isn't constructive I will troll you guys like I trolled my grandmother (rip meemaw) ok I just remember having fun with my shadow hawk

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=111&l=489308a1defda16ef2004839ce3b2be0e16be52f

SHD-2D2 "NEAR"

SHD-2H "FAR"

(neither of those may be fast enough for some tastes but I've had good success with "FAR")

TVDinna posted:

You can't drop with less than 10 HS. You also don't have enough ammo for 6.

gently caress you, I'll do what I want.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Even ignoring the problems with room brought up by others, I have a non-goon buddy who plays this a bunch. I was online one night while he was testing out an XL mauler build and it was a hot mess. That thing is a walking torso and if you draw any fire at all you will loose it.

Yeah, playing around more in smurfy reveals that the 3 slot loss in each torso limits the payload more than the extra weight benefits.

This one feels pretty good though, if a little hot.
MAL-2P

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Ive got some bad builds:

TDR-5S-Mixed ranges

TDR-5S-Technically better but not actually better

TDR-5S-Why am I even alive

I'm eliting with the 5S and I just don't know what do do with it. 4 LL just seems so boring and I don't like that one of them is on the arm.

TDR-5S-Most correct but dull and somehow has the worst DPS

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Devorum posted:

Orions aren't the worst IS heavy...but they're damned close.

News at 10: Man on Internet Wrong and Bad.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

A Curvy Goonette posted:

never support lrm mechs because they're bad mechs driven by bad players. players proudly bragging about kitting out a lrm warhawk or ebon jaguar don't deserve to play

So should I be trolling goons with

A Trenchbucket

A Lurm Back

or the totally sweet WHY'D YOU LEAVE THE BARN DOOR OPEN

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Surprise Giraffe posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=101&l=6cd9a79185f19aedbacbaf5299cd6af0c59911bb

I'm gonna try that orion build. How retarded is it? Im not sure how to play this thing. I looks like it should poo poo missiles ok, but it's too slow and fragile. See what happens I guess

Pattonesque posted:

generally a single ballistic is not worth the tonnage unless it is an AC/20 or gauss

really the Orion is tough to build for. You could try this maybe?

ON1-VA

I don't even know if it would work

That one is good, Heres my preference

Other Orions aren't as hard to fit for though.

ON1-K
PROTECTOR

Its still tight though. More of a striker than a brawler.

E: They do twist well, so if you roll your poo poo it's not so bad. Side profile is nice too and the arms take some pressure off of the sides.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 23, 2016

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Stringbean posted:

Oh no, now all the spies will flood our top secret operations - they'll hear about people's hot sisters and uhhhh... Our favorite hot pocket flavors!

I knew a guy who used hot pocket as a euphemism for vagina....

so you just said the same thing twice.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
How are Griffin's with XL's?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

veedubfreak posted:

Always leg Marauders. Since the CT is about 4 pixels wide.

It's really annoying how often I get legged in that thing.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
If you want to take out a weapon, or if it's an IS mechanical and you suspect it has an XL engine. You you want to dismantle the target because it's fun.

I like the 3rd option :black101:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Thronde posted:

I'm not. My poo poo is all purple/green/gold snowfall because it's classy and reminds me of hometown.

New Orleans? I hope it's New Orleans BECAUSE Y'ALL KNOW Y'ALL DIDN'T START THAT poo poo IN THE STATES.

Y'all ain't even got Joe Cains grave, ffs.

Mardi Gras is a classist festival where the poors fight over trinkets thrown at them by the rich. I hates it and it triggers me.

e: Go Auburn!

DiHK fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 30, 2016

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
"Hey, Ive got an idea, lets force Helios to find a brand new way to hack our software" said no developer ever.

Actually, I've got a better idea.

WHAT THE gently caress DO I PUT IN THIS BAD DECISION OTHER THAN AC40

I cant say I'm in love with the AC40. Gets focused down too easily.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Bait and Swatch posted:

No you see, PGI is in bed with the companies making the hacks for a percentage of those sweet, sweet Helios dollars. In, fact it's one big conspiracy that has resulted from slimy capitalism, leading all developers big and small to have secret meetings about supporting hacking while furthering the illusion that they care. Meanwhile, they are talking to the bilderburgers about how to use hacks to melt steal beams while blaming it on jet fuel. It's only a matter of time before Obama and FEMA get their hands on the hacking code and pass it to DARPA, who will build a real life hack and aim to reinstate Obama as president for life. Then, the valiant resistance will turn to robots to counter the super soldiers, who will use their newfound sentience to turn on all humans, resulting in the matrix. PICK A PILL SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS USER ELLIOTW2! PICK A loving PILL!!

stay woke y'all.

I wish high explosives were a thing.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Devorum posted:

Can we skip to 3065 so I can have an Uziel? Thanks.

EDIT: Hell, just 3053 so i can buy a Bushwacker.

:getin:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

hemale in pain posted:

Those arms look like they'd be really lovely for swinging an axe with

This is known as Failing at Forced Perspective.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Hey Number 19,

What about gimbal mounted weapons mounted on mechs? Such as the Mad Dogs' or Locusts' CT laser hardpoints? Is this an oversight? Is it a matter of "we're not animating that so we're not going to bind it to the arm target"?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Would reticle shake not reduce the effectiveness of Helios?

And you CAN control it , by having a TC.

I know we're pissing in the wind but the idea is giving me a boner.

I played MW4 with a force feedback sidewinder pro and I loved that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Which means that LRMs work and that [bracket builds] have value.

• Locked thread