Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Hey 19, before they reset the CW map could you maybe sneak into the office after hours and give every planet to WoL?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Anyone remember Transverse?????

Literally the most fun I have had in MWO

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Brawling is back and the more drunken goons you can fit in a match the better.

It may be a "bad" game but it can be fun in spurts and its f2p.

Not sure what you expect but it can be fun.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Oh God why did I click that? NVKA, Vassago Rain, Heffay they are all there.

Like a terrible roadside accident I cannot look away.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I have the following:

Lights:

Spiders, (Mastered)

my spider bro

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Had some good fun shooting robots, even when that one goon put us on euro servers.

Whoever got the damage score closest to Paul's hi score for Tetris wins a prize!

e: most epic round was on assault River City, we did the old school tactic of everyone hide and shut down. Waited til we saw the whites of their cockpits and then mauled them 12-0 after we powered back up. Possum strategy best strategy, and no Goon powered up and gave us away!

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 12, 2015

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Is there any other way of joining the goonrathing without having to wade into the brown sea? (register as a star citizen)

I just logged in so post your name and look for a friend invite from Texas Merc. After you accept the invite PM me in game ( i will look like i am offline) then i can send you an invite. The mumble info is in the WoL MOTD.

E: scrolled up and sent invites to others on the page asking for them

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 12, 2015

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

If you're handing out WoL invites, I'd also love one (Ansob) so I can stop playing solo.

friend invite sent send me a pm so you show up

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Patrat posted:

I am up for an invite, Patrat in game as well.

On another note they did actually succeed in making this game fun again! That or it is just innately fun murdering newbies, I dropped with my DDC Atlas after not playing for over a year, drunk, finished the match with four kills and still alive.

sent friend invite shoot me a pm and ill send you an invite

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Devorum posted:

Trip report:

A Zeus with 3 SRM6s shoved into the missile arm sucks. So hard.

I did this and did well in teh pubbie que

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

teepo posted:

can GIRL and WoL rotate through the factions so we can get those free ez mech bays or is that no longer possible?

We can but to do this you will want to have at least 10 in your group, preferably 12, to make it not such a slog in the queue, unless you got like netflix or something.

There were 3 companies of davs hitting a liao planet last night so if you have numbers you can get fights, and ISvIS fights too.

There were also some grognard posts on the brown sea by CW players in big units getting pissy because of all the new players dropping for their faction in trial mechs and having no clue what to do so the queue might not be full of min/maxxed dropdecks from the CW tryhard units.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
The shooting of the Roberts was fun tonight, call targets in groups and if you do CW nominate a yell boss.

Also, in the new star wars all of your favorite characters die.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Bait and Swatch posted:

But what if I like the Sith?

They all die too, sorry friend.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Grasshoppers get that tanky weird hitbox thing that shadowhawks get and you mostly die to CT so they are xl ok.

2LPL 4ML is what I use.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

9 urbies 3 atlas is clearly the way to go.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
They really should have put a mechbay in this challenge thing to encourage more to stick around, but I suspect they will do a Holiday grab bag thing. Those are usually pretty lucrative in terms of free stuff and who doesn't like unwrapping gifts!

you got 1 IS mg

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Triple Ought Bee

3 LPL 3 SRM6+A Biggest engine it can fit.

Take about half the armor off the arms, rest for ammo and DHS.

Maximize hilarity by adding 6 MG for up close punch.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Love Stole the Day posted:

I only recently just figured out how it works:

• Anyone that your teammates are targeting is also available for you to target, regardless of where they are or how far away they are. That's why you can sometimes target people you cannot see or aren't looking at.
  • If an enemy has an empty triangle over their head, it means that nobody on your team is currently targeting them for whatever reason.
  • A Beagle Active Probe lets you see the empty triangles from much farther away.
  • If the guy you're looking at doesn't have an empty or colored in triangle above their heads, then either they have ECM or your sensors cannot reach far enough to target them because they're too far away.
  • If an enemy has a fully colored in triangle over their head, it means that somebody on your team is already targeting them.
  • Once an enemy has been targeted for the first time, you have to keep them painted for ~5 seconds before the health+weapons information will be known. If you get a Targeting Computer, it'll shorten that time to like 1~3 seconds or whatever iirc.
  • If your teammates are shooting at somebody that only you are targeting, you will get extra C-Bills and XP for a "Scouting Assist"... but you can only get that one time for each enemy in the match afaik.

So at the beginning of a match, always target people with empty triangles over their heads. If you're the first one to do it, it'll assign them a new letter (A thru L) and you'll get extra C-Bills and XP for "Scouting."

I only know all of this because since I'm always piloting my Shadow Cat I am often the first one to spot and target people when playing because of my speed and mobility. Getting a Beagle Active Probe allows you to get that Scouting $$$ and XP much more easily. It's like a free 20k per person that you target or whatever, so even if you don't get any kills (and I almost never get kills because I'm so bad at this game) you can still earn an extra 60k to 100k depending on how many people you spotted since usually everyone moves in a big blob and thus will get revealed on masse for you to spam R and get that $$$.

So unless you're trying to be a Sniper mech (which I've been doing a lot the past few days in my Shadow Cat), the Beagle Active Probe and the Targeting Computer won't really pay for themselves. But if you do, though, then you can use the Scouting C-Bills and XP to make up for the price of getting the BAP and Targeting Computer.

HOLD LOCKS FOR RAIN

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
If anyone in WoL wants to do a few games of CW this evening (US) I could be down, we would need around 10 birds to help lessen the queue times, 12 is preferable because if there are baddies in the queue you will get near instant matches.

Anywho, 3-5 matches and even if you are blind you should be able to unlock the first two loyalty tiers and get a sweet and free 'mechbay.

e: Don't worry about dropdecks, a mix of the trials is ok especially if we have 12 because communication is KEY and teamwork is OP, plus we probably won't be fighting clans.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
CW group 7pm est no girls allowed

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Mexicola posted:

What is the god drat mumble info? Why the hell cant MWO be like every other game and use camping the stairs or something. Jesus.

IGN?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Axetrain posted:

Thanks for letting me know about stripping armor off the rear and putting it on my front, I didn't even know that was a thing I could do! I also don't think I have enough armor slots for Endo armor and quad UAC5's sound cool but they would be hella expensive right now and I am saving for mech no. 2. I did ditch my case though for more ammo. The next game I snagged 6 kills so I guess this paid off.

Also I would like an invite to WoL if that's possible, so I can get some goon robutt action going on. IGN is also Axetrain, prepare for me to be very bad.

Here's that invite spread sheet.

sent a friend request, send a pm when you get it and look in offline send the pm from there. :pgi:

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
So 265t for 4 mechs gives me a FS9-S TDR-9SE TDR-5SS and AS7-S.
I think I will roll a few CW although not having a larger team may skew the results with the Atlas.
TCAF is fun to drop with Liao side even if those Russians don't speak any English.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

ZombyDog posted:

An Atlas -DC ghost dad is always a good robbit to keep in your stable. ECM, AC20, 3x SRMS6+A, Endo and a standard 350 engine. Like, you could put medium lasers in the arms, but they're just extra heat. Sometimes it'll be you leading the push, remember to keep twisting your torso so you're absorbing hits with your arms when you are not blasting fools in the face.

GOSPEL

content: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/218319-get-your-own-locks/

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 29, 2015

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Pooncha posted:

IIRC the non-ECM commandos can go even faster?

They go as fast as the locusts

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Added you in game , Etreri as well. send a pm in game and I will invite.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
MAKE THE INNERSPHERE GREAT AGAIN

VOTE TRUMP 3050

E: servers back up?

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 31, 2015

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Astroniomix posted:

Surviving the loss of a side torso means nothing if you're piloting half a mech that's still too slow to accomplish anything.

Dual AC/20 crabs use standards, but if you're running a standard on the quad UAC/5 crab you're a moron. (anything below a 350 engine is too slow to be useful and should be replaced with a different mech)

Saying no KC should ever use an XL is bad.

Also if you want to take the pounding of an atlas, use an atlas, the king crab is too wide to even attempt anything the atlas does.

then run a different build that isn't a gimmick vs bad pubbies

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Number19 posted:

Same issue as last night. It's hard to diagnose but we've put some measures in place to prevent it.

I want a free cw stocking actually two since we were robbed of anders due to :pgi:

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

AtillatheBum posted:

So I came back to this game recently after being away for a long time and I found a random centurion ah(l) with a sweet custom paint job in my mech lab that I have no recollection of buying, anyways I decided to outfit it with some random poo poo off the top of my head and ended up with 3 srm6s /w Artemis and 3 machine guns. I thought it would be a kinda of funny joke build for a few matches but it's actually super fun and good. If I want to pursue something similar what would be some good options? I was looking at maybe the Griffins or stormcrows but I'm not 100% sure what the opinions on those mechs are.

Missile Wolf

You will be a GOD in T4 T5

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Washout posted:

Solo matchmaking in this game has always been trash, the sweet spot seems to be somewhere between 4-8 players in the group, less and you have to rely on your team to win, which is never a good idea, more and you get shot into the full group brackets where you need to all be running optimal builds and optimal robots or you'll lose every match.

shoot my robutt

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I have some banked time I activated but i don't think it will still be active July 9th.

On a different note, I recently purchased a Crab and while I was whirling it around in the Mechlab checking out my cool paint I noticed that it sports a little backpack looking thing on its rear. Does anyone know what hitbox this represents?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Endbuster posted:

Its a rear hitbox, for... well...

You see,,,, TeeMerk. When a man loves a woman, well, you know--

Well this is :pgi: for all i know hitting it could cause damage to my left pinky toe.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

TeeMerk posted:

I have some banked time I activated but i don't think it will still be active July 9th.

I already volunteered to host

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

OhsH posted:

there can be only one

Im pretty sure there are two, at least from the picture I saw. Did you have an accident?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Personally I believe they are a sad excuse of exploiting the game. When a team does nothing but volley at a distance and kill half the enemy team in a matter of minutes, it's no fun. My friend says that they won't do anything and I'm not expecting them to because they don't care (they have our money) but we the players should be better than this. We should play the game the way it was meant to be played, not some cheap easy mode/ lazy way. I just wanted to say my opinion and I'm sure others before me already posted similar stuff. GLHF Mechwarriors!

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/218941-missile-boat-teams/page__pid__4925602#entry4925602

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

They give away paint all the time during events. If you play for more than a few months you'll be able to paint your ride.

they also give away mc and you can do one shot camo patterns pretty cheap

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
SRM answer 4s have better cooldown and less heat and they focus tighter with Artemis, almost pinpoint. On an Atlas or Rhino it might not matter so much but for the mediums that can fit 4 missile hardpoints I think the 4's win out.

I use 4s+artemis on the MoM and use 6's on the menturion/loyalty cent. I also use a bigger engine on the MoM I think 360.

e: MoM is the as7-s cuz ddc is DaD and probably does 6s better

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
What is the number of TBR/ACH you can you fit in a 10 man with current weight restrictions in the reg que?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/219035-ntex-owes-lowtax-100m-cbills/

funsies

• Locked thread