Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Never let them forget Transverse, imo. Keep that wound from fully healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Transverse Lives Matter.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Slayerjerman posted:

Same thing happened in 4 games with me as well, I peel away and distract 3 of their assaults and we still lose.

One game I was like totally munching robot rear end and getting the enemy to turn away constantly and break their firing line and in true fashion my potato team stayed safely behind a rock the entire time while I kited 5 mechs...

Did you communicate any of this to your team?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Maybe... PGI is paying them for reviews? I know, such a thing has never happened before in the history of gaming.

E:

quote:

When I first saw MechWarrior 5 announced at MechCon 2016, the trailer sent the fans roaring. But when a dropship descended from the sky they lost their drat minds. At the time, I was a little confused. Then Bullock explained how so much of MechWarrior was caged inside the imaginations of players. They freaked out because that was the first time they had seen a dropship landing in-game and not just in their imagination.

Guess none of those people ever played MW2: Mercs.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 9, 2017

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

it really doesn't. usually it's just because someone's a huge fan, especially when it's a weird niche game that's getting overhyped.

Except in all the cases that game developers have been exposed as flat out paying for reviews in one way or another, buttering up the reviewers via hotels and food or otherwise.

This is a weird hill for you to try to die on.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

accusations of it because someone falls for plain old hype are a lot more common than actual quid pro quos.

what seems more likely: some editor at the only PC print magazine gets way too hyped about an old PC-only video game franchise, or that before even launching their preorders PGI successfully bribed someone so well that PCGamer gave them years of glowing coverage?

Considering as someone said before that PC Gamer consistently polishes PGI's knob in the reviews, you tell me.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

teepo posted:

those screenshots don't trigger me with awful scaling

so i guess that's something?

I actually can't see the screenshots nor comments. I'm assuming it's due to conflicts with my adblock or ScriptSafe, but I'm not disabling either.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BattleTech posted:

Try this facebook redirect link http://www.pcgamer.com/mechwarrior-...uffer_pcgamerfb

It let me see the images.

That worked. Thanks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Maybe if Battletech sells really well, bigger publishers will become interested in the franchise again. As it stands, who knows if PGI is barely scraping by or not but they're the only one with a profitable product despite how much hate there is for it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

Either both PGI and Harebrained bribed PC Gamer, or they just run really fawning fanboy hype pieces.

Hmm. I see. So the nerds like a game that sublicensed from PGI so that means there is actually zero possibility of anything unethical ever having happened between PGI and PC Gamer. Checks out.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Gate posted:

I mean, they gave it a good review, but that's not really proof in and of itself. Unless there's more to go on, this seems like a pointless sidetrack.

It was just discussing the point someone else made. My argument is only that it's possible, of course we'll never have solid proof.

Either way, MW5 is probably going to be total rear end. It sounds like they're trying to do what Battletech is doing, just without bothering to write a story for it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

johntherussian posted:

You think they're going to release MW5 any time soon?

About the same time as Star Citizen.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still lurk this thread but don't really post because I don't play MWO anymore. I keep it installed incase WoL admin things need doing, that's about it. You all also know me as a fervent hater of :pgi:.

That being said, Jon has a very valid point.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd sell my Founders account to some nerd for sweet $$$ except that the only people who play this still probably also have Founders accounts.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like the PPC effects.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rysithusiku posted:

Anyone else think this just looks incredibly terribad? Like, significantly worse than MWO even. Except in graphics obviously.

It actually doesn't.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

I too am an expert in every game I play from the literal first time I play a half-working version of it.

Anyway. It looks okay. It's just too early to call, really. I'm not sure why they're showing it off this much this early - there's nothing here to really get hyped about, and plenty of beta-software stuff to end up mocking and permanently tainting people's first impressions. They really could have left this to their stupid Mech-Con and gotten a lot better buzz from hardcore fans and cammed streams.

You must not have seen very many Polygon videos. They're pretty famous for being absolutely horrible at games in their video clips.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm just going to wait and see because what I did see has some actual potential.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They said MW5 is going to have 4 person co op for the campaign. This is definitely getting more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Doesn't Australia have a gun ban?

That doesn't stop them from making homemade SMGs.

• Locked thread