Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Honestly goon groups should just required 1 light mech with at least 2 flamers on it. Light flamer rushes hit soooooo hard now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
drat they haven't had a good mech sale in a while. I thought they had one every week or two.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Servers just went down. :(

Are the Marauders good overall?

EDIT: Looks like someone locked Russ in the closet and nerfed the flamer fun.

quote:

We will be rolling out a hot-fix today, Thursday February 18th, scheduled for 4:00 PM PST [Midnight UTC], with the following fixes:

• Flamers will now remember the rate at which they were generating heat within the firing 'Mech, for a period of 4.75 seconds after a Flamer is disengaged. If a Flamer is engaged within that 4.75 second time frame, the rate at which the Flamer generates heat in the firing 'Mech will continue from where they left off. After that 4.75 second time frame (if no Flamer has been engaged) the heat generation value will decrease as usual, according to the cooling efficiency of the 'Mech.
• Note: The rate at which a Flamer generates heat in the firing 'Mech is a shared value, and applies to all equipped Flamers.
• This adjustment should address the issue where pilots could 'feather' or macro-ize Flamer trigger inputs to a point where they effectively became 'heat neutral'. A graph showing the approximate effect of this 'feathering', along with the effect of the above change, can be found here.
• Fixed an issue with DirectX auto-detection with certain GPUs.
• Fixed an issue where grouping of Weight Classes was not working correctly in Solo queue.
• Fixed an issue where the LCT-1V [P] was missing the Machine Gun Rate of Fire +20% Quirk.
• Fixed an issue where Energy Quirks for certain Inner Sphere variants were greater than 10%:
• HGN-733P
• RVN-4X
• WHM-6D
• WHM-BW
• ZEU-9S
• Fixed an issue where the Beam Range Boost for the Targeting Computer MKII was 4% instead of 5%.
• Stalker: Fixed an issue with the appearance of LRM-5 and SRM-6 weapons.
• Stalker: Fixed an issue with the appearance of hardpoint caps in the Right and Left Arm.

Whelp at least we had a couple days where flamers we useful and fun.

Raged fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 19, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

veedubfreak posted:

OH poo poo GUYS, WE MADE THE WORST WEAPON IN THE GAME USEABLE. MUST HOTFIX.

Why does pgi hate fun.

Remember Boys & Girls if you don't like something in game cry about it on the forums by making multiple threads about it.

Except for us lying about banning cheaters. Sorry, we will have to ban you for that. Taste the irony

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Unhappy Meal posted:

So when did we lose the narrative where we were exploiting something clearly exploitative, and making fun of Russ for denying anything was wrong?

Just the problem that once a mech is at max heat you will have to not fire your flamers for 4+ second. Otherwise you will max out your heat. The macro thing was crazy but even stuttering with a mouse does not work now. It's an overeaction.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Drythe posted:

Pgi is stupid, how is anyone surprised. They literally made the game unplayable for two years before.

E: like, :pgi: exists for a reason.

This is why you never give PGI money. You don't reward stupidity.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Drythe posted:

The game was dead for two years, they have shown they are very dumb about many issues, and :pgi: was bought because they were dumb years ago.

Idgi

E: also the drat helios users still haven't been banned, which is even more annoying than the drat flamer poo poo.

Agreed. Still miffed I got banned for bringing it up on the forums.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Literally no one has Aspergers. It was removed from the DSM years ago. It's not a diagnosis and while topically we remember it as one - as the years go by it's going to become more and more meaningless and about as effectual as saying "I have the vapors" or "my black humours are unaligned, give me leeches!"

My job is disability support and I work daily with people who actually have autism. I have clients that spend most of their days screaming and throwing things and bashing their head against the wall and some that are much more well adjusted. There is a 99.9% chance the fucktards posting the MWO forums are self diagnosed shut in special snowflakes that I would like to kick in the balls.

On a lighter note, are Mad Dogs worth buying?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ended up not buying a Mad Dog. Picked up a TBR-D swapped out the streaks for SRM 6 and the 2 PPCs for 2 Large Pulse. I have to say playing Timberwolves is a whole new game. I honestly felt overpowered.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Drythe posted:

lol get hosed the rest of you

Helios Skeet Skeet Kerensky did not die in vain.

How much do you guys want to bet that everyone with Helios in their name will get banned from the game for cheating.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Banano posted:

So 19 when are you going to ban the large number of people you have acknowledged are cheating in your game?

Did a few CW PUG drops last night and 3/4 of the pubbies would start cursing when we dropped against team Helios. It is so blatant that they are cheating that even dumb rear end pubbies know it. The only people that claim that cheating isn't a problem are some forums warrior who surprise, surprise are in one of the Helios units.

It's just pathetic. I called out Russ on Twitter a few days ago and asked why he is bluffing and all I go back was "No Bluff"

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I have a Timberwolf D and looking to pick up 2 more to elite it. What other 2 variants should I get?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Thronde posted:

Quoting this to find later to try.

Been doing this and it is hard to do. You will run across people so bad that you just have to kill them.

Thanks for the TBR picks too .

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Want to buy next two T-Wolves but want to wait to see if there is a sale next week. No sale this week must mean there is a sale next week... right?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

starkebn posted:

guys, it's obviously not just the same people cheating all the time, there are hundreds of new people cheating every day and they have to keep monitoring to catch them all.

Two weeks

Or at least... that's what I think.

Russ lied revenue died

Well at least with me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Washout posted:

Time to start a betting pool, I'll take "Russ is a liar and it's not going to happen".

I think everyone here will take the Russ is lying bet.

Can't find it but didn't Gaben give a interview once about why you don't announce ban waves and cheating in general. Should just spam Russ with it.

Edit: Just looked it up. The last ban wave in MWO was a joke. They only banned 64 people. You could find that many within a shift or two by just observing matches.

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 22, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

How the hell?

Raged fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 22, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I also like cool mechs

Raged fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 22, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Honestly if you want any chance to keep it I would delete that post and hopefully any one else's.

Raged fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 22, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I told you this would happen. I told you all!

Never doubt how bad they are.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Drythe posted:

19 how do you stand working there

Quite possibly there are holes in the walls where he just bangs his head to forget all the stupidity.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I can't believe idiots gave PGI $200+ for the free cbills......

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I love being cored out at 800m when going full speed and then watching my team mates suffer the same fate.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

That was the thread that got me banned for 7 days even though I never mentioned helios or named names. Banned for insulting Russ's E-Honor.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Guessing there is no mech sale again this week. Why so cheap Russ?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone else not able to connect to the game?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Olesh posted:

Since the game is actually fun for the moment, I don't mind throwing the occasional $20 PGI's way.

There's pretty much no way that this variant isn't going to be some kind of bananas. It's the first mech that has more than 6 missile hardpoints and it has the tonnage to make meaningful use of them in bulk.

With Endo-Steel and an XL 340 you have 32.5 tons and 27 slots to play with. If you keep the stock XL 280, you get 39 tons to play with. You'll be able to dump your missile load incredibly fast, although it's worth mentioning that it's going to run hot as balls. You won't shut down from an alpha strike, though, which means you can alpha people in the face or back and scuttle away giggling at the 103 damage alpha you just dropped. I'm seriously doubtful that we'll see any meaningful quirks on this mech.

What I'm saying is, expect pubbies to be rolling out the gates with no Endo-Steel, 9xLRM5s, and 17.5 tons of ammo.

The sheer number of dumb pubbie builds will be staggering.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What mechs can carry 3 AMS? Could see some comedy is making bad archers waste all their ammo

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

That Gobbo posted:

I'm glad I picked up that 3 AMS Kit Fox.

If we only got points for shooting down LRM.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Astroniomix posted:

I'm not sure LRM spam needs to be any more ineffective than it already is.

It's only ineffective if the pilot is bad. Sit all the way in the back shooting? You are useless. Running around with TAG and some other weapons and shooting at mid range and you are putting out a lot of damage. As a joke I put 5 mpl and 2 LRM 15 on a marauder and ran with a group. It actually worked well. There are better builds, but it was so much better than sitting in the back.

Would be just horrible if people spammed Russ's Town Hall with comments about the ban wave.

Raged fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 26, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Astroniomix posted:

The issue is there is nothing LRMs do that a large laser doesn't do better.

True but using the same weapons over and over again on every mech is boring. I know some people here stroke out if the most optimised meta build isn't used. I do quite well in most matches but I also have fun builds to play with too. Not stupid builds though..... gently caress those people

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/223093-ban-wave-tomorrow/

quote:

An Obvious cheater posted

If it's anything like last time they will do an amnesty program. Hopefully they will again. As much as you hate cheaters I understand people make mistakes. I am guessing you would even get a few people who were not even on the ban list to just stop doing this too.

They can pretty much ban that poster and anyone who likes the post and save some time.

Raged fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 26, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So LRMs are both useless and at the same time overpowered.
Also AMS counters LRMs so theyre useless, but you should never ever take AMS cause its useless.

Im stil lhaving good success on my 2x3xLRM5 MadDog, the reload is baller.
Especially when the team is blobbing up and you cant direct fire anywhere that is NOT the backside of a friendly.
But ill never again field LRMs higher than 10 again, ive learned that.

Still i think i will at one point try an archer with 9xLRM5 and chainfire.
I will call him either "Nebelwerfer" or "Stuka zu Fuss", havent decided yet.

You bring shame to your family

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
See there is this thing called FUN. You can have fun with something called FRIENDS. Most of the time shooting the poo poo and doing stupid things and laughing about it is fun. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose but as long as you have fun it doesn't really matter. People who sit and whine and bitch the whole match are not fun and should find like minded spergs who get angry about video games.

So in closing if you don't want to play with goons who are having fun then don't. I can say from experience that when you quit out on a team people are happy because you are not constantly complaining anymore.

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 26, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
All clan mechs have case built in.

Crap sale again. Sale on Resistance 2 and IIC origins MC only discounted no c bill discount no package discount.

Edit: it's actually cheaper to straight up buy the packages instead of buying it with MC while on sale. :pgi:

Raged fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 26, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Little off topic, but I made a twitch account for the first time to remind Russ about the Ban Wave. What is this poo poo where people pay $5 a month for stupid emotes and other bullshit. People really do this?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is the second MC only sale in a row. :pgi: going broke already? 19 you need to print out Gaben's talk about how cheaper prices on steam will make more money. Then staple it to Russ's forehead or his rear end since it seems that is where his head is.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Internet Explorer posted:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Also, it would be nice if there was an arm lock toggle key. It's jarring going to something that has nothing in the arm mounts.

You can set a key to toggle it on or off. Just look in the key binding section.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Town hall starts in 20 min come and show Russ some love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
OMG Russ is dumb. Conquest will no longer be winnable by killing the other team

• Locked thread