Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

That description is amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

ARE YOU READY?

TO PULL THE TRIGGER?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I caved and I am reinstalling, but I am standing by the solemn Bible Oath I took to not give PGI money until ghost heat is removed. Anyway, first thing I noticed upon trying to download the client: PGI have somehow failed to put a giant obvious download link as the first thing you see on mwomercs.com. The only link I could find was small print under the tiny "Game" at the bottom of the screen. But not under the big "Game" right at the top above "BUY MECHS NOW $$$" :psyduck: How does it not occur to the same company that put out $500 gold mechs to put a download link at the top of their official webpage? :psypop:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's there, but only after you log in. If you're not logged in you get 'PLAY FOR FREE' instead.

Nope, I logged in and it was only right down the bottom.

Also the first thing I got after running the installer:

I didn't have the game installed. I uninstalled it, properly, months ago. I really don't think PGI wants me to play their game again.

e: oh ok I see play for free if I logout, I guess that was my fault for logging in before downloading the game!

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 10, 2015

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I somehow got 20 pages behind on this thread. Did PGI do something hilarious or is it all actual discussions about robots? Or goon drama?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

gently caress I love my Stalker. TY thread and that one guy on mumble last night for prompting me to make the switch to Artemis.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

how the gently caress do i sell mechs these days

e: nm i found it

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Stalkerchat: I was running 4xSRM6 5xML for a long time, now rocking 4xASRM6 3xML. I think less lasers is better for me because when I have an exposed target I have a really hard time resisting going :downs: all alphas all the time :downs: instead of saving my heat for my SRMs like I know I should. Another option was dropping to ASRM4s and keeping the 5 lasers but that would be less missiles and gently caress going less missiles, if I could fit enough ammo to run 5 launchers I would. The aforementioned guy on mumble was doing it somehow but he must have had a smaller engine or something I dunno.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I'm running 5M too. That's not a lot of ammo, I have 5 tons with 4 launchers and often run out if I don't run off on my own die a glorious early death trying to lead a push or get a torso or two blown off in a brawl.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Elliotw2 posted:

If you do this you are literally the worst person.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

why is this happening in literally every thread i follow right now. calm down goons.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

In CW you pick 4 mechs under a certain total tonnage (your drop deck) and drop in each of them one at a time.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Double xp weekends seem pretty pointless when most mechs are so expensive that you'll finish getting basics on one and save up enough xp for the second tier of upgrades long before you can afford two more mechs to actually unlock those upgrades. I guess it means more gxp too but ehhhh.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Endbuster posted:

Bro its more exp so you can convert it to GXP for MC. Duuuuuuuuh.

I know you're being facetious but I've got like 200k extra exp on my stalker alone

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Packing on triple AMS and ECM is worth it just so you can declare in all chat that their lurms are loving useless, come at me bro

you don't need AMS or ECM to declare lurms loving useless

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

ZombyDog posted:

You go from a 5 kill streak to being the first guy to die several matches in a row.

This is me in every mech

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Only trouble with that is that narc takes up a hardpoint that could instead be more lurms

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Libluini posted:

Something I wanted to share:

A couple days ago I had a match on lava planet map and we kind of just walked around in single file, until we hit some sort of pass in the lava mountains.

I was just mindlessly trudging along with my Marauder and only noticed something was wrong when someone was telling us to "push", whatever that means. I guessed it meant we had to move fast through the pass, which had suddenly lit up with weapon fire. It was a trap.

Of course no-one did this push-thing and I got stuck behind an Atlas cowering at the mouth of the pass. After doing some team damage into the backs of those idiots, everything suddenly went quiet. I noticed I was the only heavy mech still standing, with 2-3 lights cowering left of me, in some kind of gap between the rocks.

At this point I just turned around and walked out, planning to walk around lava mountain until I found the way up into the large open area the enemy was waiting for us. Of course this turned out to be the worst plan ever, since the moment I walked out of the pass, the enemy poured through it and executed the three lights behind me. Now as the last mech, I stubbornly executed my dumb plan and my slow Marauder very slowly trudged through the mountains until I found the way back into the area behind death pass.

Of course meanwhile, the 10 surviving mechs on the other side had dispersed all over the map, searching for me. For a couple moments I just kind of walked around, a bit at a loss of what to do. I then walked over to the mountain of dead mechs and stood in silence for a couple seconds. And lo and behold! Weapon fire hit me from behind. Some players had doubled back and found me again.

So I turned around and shot my PPCs all over the place until I was brought down by a trio of enemy mechs. It took them an agonizing amount of time to bring me down, even though I'm sure at least two of them had open fire lanes to my back the entire time. Even outgunned, outsmarted and playing with a joystick instead of a mouse, I very nearly took one of them with me.

This was the stupidest match ever. :shepface:

i also play video games

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Lonjon posted:

The worst thing about Tier 5 solo queue is Polar Highlands. If Polar Highlands is available for a vote, those jerks will always choose it. Always.

For once I'm happy to not be in T5. In T3 it hardly ever wins. Is T5 just 100% lurm boats or what?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Raged posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Never once mentioned Helios or named names. Think I touched a nerve.

Good to see PGI are as draconian as ever. Moderating criticism is one thing, it's lovely but PGI aren't exactly the first company to do it, but a 7 day ban? Good grief. They may or may not be doing anything about Helios but they're no slouches when you're out of line about it on their forums!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

So this happened

We were down to our last two mechs, me in a Cheetah and a pubbie in another light, both on the enemy cap. They had 6 or 7 mechs remaining. A machine gun Raven came back to try to stop the cap first and got predictably wrecked, then an executioner showed up and took one of my torsos before we dropped him. Several more came into view and I got picked off. Our last dude is behind the machine thing in the cap where they can't hit him and the cap finishes with that blue mech in the pic literally one step away from breaking the cap and the rest of the team converging on him too :laugh:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

Is there no way to save different loadouts for 1 mech?

lol :pgi:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Oh I'm sure he knew, he was beelining for the cap, he was just a split second too late to get there in time

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

This timer for leaving a match is stupid. I alt-F4ed out of Polar because I play video games to have fun, joined another match after a short wait, played the entire match and then tried to join another game and now I have a 2 min timer. What?

Also it's not exactly going to loving help with the ridiculous queue times.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

How is T3 more retarded than 4 or 5? Aren't they all mixed anyway?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

That still doesn't explain why T3 would be dumber than T5. On average it should be smarter.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

Paul posted an abysmal graph showing how the ranking changes work. You can only really drop if you're matched against inferior opponents (like you're tier 3 and they're 5) and you lose really really badly.

I had a game the other day where I got the most kills on the team (2) and the second-highest damage (350ish) and my ranking went down. I guess because the team as a whole got rolled 12-5 and we must have been against lower-tier opponents? Still seems weird, not that I'm really complaining, I'm happy to stay in T3 as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I'd been thinking of reinstalling this lately and dropped by the thread to see what was going on and fuckin lol cya

• Locked thread