Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Bugsy posted:

Until they let you shift+click with frost blades the skill is unusable to me no matter how much damage it does.

If they did this you'd never ever use EK again because frost blades would be superior in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Dirt posted:

One more dumb question: Everyone is going to start on Hardcore in the new league right? Do you guys keep playing that character even after you die and get kicked down to non-hardcore? Or do you reroll?

If you play the hardcore league you get kicked out to Standard when you die. Not the softcore version of the league, default garbage collection Standard.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Pharnakes posted:

Really? Steam says 1.5 for me, or are you using the standalone client? Also if I follow that bow guide linked in the OP blindly will that give a reasonably easy path back into the game until I can catch up with the meta?

The neversink one? Yes it's a good guide.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Duck and Cover posted:

One exalt Blood Dances hahaha.

but... they got nerfed... why are they MORE expensive?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Kild posted:

Echo doesn't work on totems.

Hauki posted:

Echo doesn't work on totems.

edit: but it works on posts

I found this way funnier than I should have.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

bakka bakka posted:

Phine posting so I can't double check but the mined info from beta showed an actual one-hand weapon (like the others it now uses both slots, but I believe can be six-socketed) and instead of applying a unique mod on ignite (Her Blessing, 33% max hp as dot) it would just ignite you (possibly also make you immune to ignites for a duration). There are a lot of ways to make use of igniting yourself, hot-footed and mokuo's embrace come to mind, but there will almost surely be no way to ever make use of Her Blessing. Also it talks but if it's anything like Jack, The Axe you'll learn to hate it very quickly.

The Goddess Bound is still of a very silly rarity but it has no value and a card you can farm from Hillock. Not that anyone cares.

I remember either the creator of godess or of jack got really butthurt about the other one having a talking weapon too.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Count Uvula posted:

The soulthirst race reason already happened, so that's old info.

Path of Exile Race Season Page posted:

Our race events are grouped into Seasons. The Soulthirst Season contains 155 events, running from 6 November 2015 to 3 December 2015 (NZT). Its signature race is a Fixed Seed event called Soulthirst.

Indeed.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
They set a hard date for the end of the Talisman leagues (March 4th) because they knew when they were releasing Ascendancy. See: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1491062/

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Larry Parrish posted:

I like chromes/jewelers/fuses but there needs to be a way to auto-click them basically. Like I should be able to click my item once and have it spend as many currencies as it takes to get what I want, automatically. RNG fuckery sucks, even with Vagan, IMO.

I think people would really flip out when they saw the cost of rolling the exact colours they want from Vorici above the options he already has. Actually that many chromes is more than a stash tab full of them so it might not even work.

whoops double post

Budgie fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 1, 2016

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I think most people are really excited because they seem to be really loving strong.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I'm pc-less in Denmark till Friday so hopefully someone else will get you an invite.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ekster posted:

This is my favorite one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBN4dzG9bQ0

What happened is one of his converted mobs releases poison clouds when it dies/expires. However that poison cloud is buffed by his links and passives so it does a shitload of damage. This vid is one and a half years ago so I assume they have that one fixed by now but I'd never play a dom blow build on hardcore.

I'm reasonably sure they haven't fixed this yet, go forth and PK!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Katasi posted:

Cross league trading is only allowed HC to Standard, and HC challenge league to SC challenge league. Trading Standard to talisman is definitely bannable. I'm not sure if they have ever done it, but they have said that they would. I remember when this policy started at the beginning of the second challenge league, because people were getting so rich on Standard that cross league trading was loving the economy up.

Helmann, i think, got banned from a 1week race about a day into it because he promised to pay someone with stuff he had in another league. His mistake was talking about it on stream.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
That explains this (emphasis mine):

quote:

There is a big lack of skill effect MTX. Especially on new/popular skills. Is that limitation (artists too busy elsewhere) or do you feel like it would be considered "milking" and not taken well? Seems like when introducing such skills like Bladefall / Blade Vortex / Blast Rain - all very fun, satisfying and strong and not adding 1-2 alternative effects you just fail to capitalize on a decent amount of $ from the community.

It's mostly that artists are busy elsewhere and also that individual skills don't make as much money as other microtransactions. This is because each one can only be sold to say 5% of the community. We could make effects for flavour of the month skills and milk it, I guess.

From: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562421

Totally getting golden shower bladefall tho.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

nightwisher posted:

So this is what I get up to when I strike it lucky with drops and have many exalted to play with, next-level meta builds:

I call it the Cast When Damage Takener :v:

This is loving hilarious.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
There was a guy in dried lake at the weekend with the ultimate black hole build: Sire of shards, dual totem, reverse knockback ball lightning. Pulling poo poo in from about 2 screens away. The xp in that group was fantastic.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ultima66 posted:

A price check cause I don't know what ES gear is worth:

Also I found a Faminebind. Is it worth making a Retch to use on my ST character? Just using a high life/resists/some WED belt at the moment.

Almost an exalt based on this search: http://poe.trade/search/arahazubezuoku Probably more if you can craft something useful onto it still, but it doesn't look like it has space for more mods. Price it to move quick since it seems like there are literally 10x more ES gloves on SC compared to HC.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I just ripped to puncture. I forgot the Canyon boss could do that since I'd run him like 5 times and Rumi's was clearly blocking it all the previous times. I forgot to get good.

RIP 5link Shav's. I'll miss you http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605939632

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Bluemillion posted:

Bonespire is loving Bullshit. The majority of my deaths this league have been from this AOE DOT abomination. Can't even stop that poo poo with a staunching flask. Don't feel bad.

Yeah I had an almost rip to this the other day and alt+f4 was the only way to save myself once I realised I had been standing in the poop for a while, leech was hiding its effect. Once I killed everything and noticed my rapidly declining energy shield I just closed the game because there was nothing I could do to mitigate it. It's not a terrible effect, but it's also not one that I enjoy encountering.

Nobody's gettting my crap on standard, I make a small shrine to the characters I've enjoyed playing when I can be bothered by dedicating a stash tab to them. What else are stash tabs in Standard for, right? Some of this crap has been sitting since closed beta untouched, some of it is still in the 'Remove Only' tab from the races I won it from. Here's a selection of rips I cared to archive for myself:

I'd say only like 1/4 of my rips are actually represented here because most of them die at cruel dominus because of my own overconfidence wearing the same levelling crap. The rest were probably failed versions of similar builds. I really enjoyed my bladefall character, enough that I could see myself levelling another one but idk how good it will be without 4 auras and 3 curses and the flask effects carrying me.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Koala/drop bear/plummeting ursa pet for australia day:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1574702

Quite tempted actually, it looks mental. The running animation is a bit rubbish though.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ultima66 posted:

First screenshot I found of a tooltip just looking at witch section on official forums:

~200 mana per second used (25 base mana cost on his Bladefall).

The thing with bladefall is that you barely ever need to cast it more than once anyway.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Level 2 fighting igna phoenix is always an adventure!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I was 64th overall :toot:

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Spectral throw is an attack.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
WHACKY INFLATABLE WEAPON FLAILING ANCESTOR!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
And yet even with the convenient one click whisper... You still get people like:

Ur sap ring
I want to buy

Then they offer a bunch of change instead of what you wanted for it and get mad when you tell them to gently caress off.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Got an email from GGG: http://www.pathofexile.com/public/news/220_email/index.html

Next league is called Perandus.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
There is no way to change gender.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Bugsy posted:

bunch of interesting stuff

You forgot about these which appeared around the start of the ascendancy announcements: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Letters_from_Chitus

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Hauki posted:

Nugi's running blade vortex with MoM & permaflask

how does Instruments of Virtue interact with stuff like CoC, mjolner, etc.? Do those triggers count as "casting" a spell?

I don't think triggers have ever counted as casting a spell.

As for first build, I'm really psyched for Assassin since you can basically run whatever you want and have cap crit chance forever once you get your ascendancies. I'll probably level as ED/contagion and evolve into the crit staff infernal blow build I've been yammering on about in the IRC when I can get hold of a decent staff.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
How does the crab build synergise with the tricorne meta?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Just play the pantsless templar, makes it easier to imagine yourself in the game.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I mean, it helps that I have the accent to go with it too.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

The Real Foogla posted:

I don't think vagan sells staves with his mod, at least I never saw one.

He does, the staff in this build thread has his mod on it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1478154 It's pretty rare to get it and I think it goes for a decent chunk of change because of that.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Assassin is more like: "Don't bother spending anything on crit gear because you've got all the crit in the world now, just get a fuckton of life and ES and be happy"

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Popelmon posted:

Can I get an invite to the guild? My name is EnemyGoatSpotted.

Melek posted:

Hrm, looks like I got purged halfway through talisman. Could a kind soul reinvite me please? Character name Faralytic_Virulence.

I'll try to remember to do these when the servers go up.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Almost everyone runs permanent allocation these days.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Mortimer posted:

the game crashed when I opened a perandus chest :rip: what is even going on

It was your fault!

Anyone still looking for an invite please pm me ingame @Molotov_Cockatiel when the servers come back up

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Yes I also still can't get in. RIP invites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
in now woo

• Locked thread