Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

This is not how you calculate the damage because the poison damage stacks. You just have to take the total damage a single attack would do and average it out over number of attacks per second.

If your attack always does 100 damage and you always attack once per second, each attack will do 100 phys + 10 chaos per second over 2 seconds. This means each attack now does 120 damage before any poison modifiers. This means a 20% damage increase. Also every second you're attacking after the first, the monster is being affected by the past two poisons, meaning it's actually taking 120 damage per second, so the way you're trying to calculate it completely ignores what happens if you put more than one poison on an enemy in the first place. The only way you get 12.5% increase is if you assume poison only refreshes the previous duration and never stacks.

You're talking about damage per hit. The other guy is talking about DPS. Once you take into account he was talking about DPS, the fact that poison stacks doesn't matter. Old style poison where it got rewritten needed more complicated math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Gibbo posted:

I'm still new. 7 link?

You can craft a mace with level 1 blood magic baked in, giving you an effective 7 link. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vagan,_Weaponmaster

It tends to be less necessary given the mana cost changes, but if you want to be able to fully reserve your mana it can be quite strong.

It is worth noting that http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hezmana%27s_Bloodlust now also exists on the axe side of things.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

AegisP posted:

Apparently one of the helm enchants is 6% attack speed per Reave stack. PER STACK.

A max of 48% inc attack speed is nice, but all the helm enchants I've seen seem really strong.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Could I get an invite - cracksawblades on Perandus softcore.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Katasi posted:

I would send you an invite if I knew your character name.

The specified character does not exist.

I believe his actual character name is "A_Fancy_Luncheon".

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Someone asked for my profile link so they could look at my earthquake char - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/devoir/ - erfquerk is the char name in Perandus.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

The Real Foogla posted:

why the devotos that makes no sense I mean look at the stats, wouldn't you use whirling blades for mov... oh dear, oh my god

I bought the helmet. I use whirling blades for movement as you can see from the gems in my sockets. I don't have any resist gaps and until I can farm the enchant onto another helmet, it really doesn't matter. I have over 5.4k health.

Holyshoot posted:

Worse then a normal eq build I'd imagine.

Why do you think that?

I have whirling blades for movement, the use of a one hander means I have a significant survivability boost. I have 100% aftershock proc rate due to the reduced and less duration, so I can take my 35k tooltip (when just setup for fast clear, without conc effect, etc that I'd use for Izaro or Atziri) and add 177% to that - 96k effective tooltip.

Mortimer posted:

I want to see how this plays

I whirl to a pack, proc fortify from the whirl. Enduring Cry if I want endurance charges. Earthquake - anything that's not an extra life blue pack, rare or boss will generally die in the single earthquake or aftershock. Whirl away. If I take damage, Immortal Call and Molten Shell proc. Immortal Call consumes the endurance charges, and after it fades Molten Shell is still there for a significant armour boost.

Most map bosses up to tier 7 (so far) die in 4-5 earthquake/aftershock combos with an attack time of 0.45 seconds - so generally 3-4 seconds.

Awesome! posted:

anyone have a cool spectral throw build? got a skin for it out of one of the gambling boxes. a little required gear is ok. cadiro is my bro and sold me an ex for 999 coins.

Ele crit spectral throw is what I started the league as. Wrath + Herald of Thunder for auras. Fast foil with flat ele and increased attack speed (2.0 attacks per second is target).

devoir fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 14, 2016

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like varunastra is secretly op, there are a lot of nice weapon keystones and they can take otherwise crappy rare jewels and use all the random weapon bonuses on them, 1000% increased damage can be scary.

I'm at 853% from tree and jewels. I have another jewel socket and may tweak my tree to have less health given I'm going to hit 6k. For a weapon that's 274pdps that's pretty amazing.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Rurutia posted:

Are you including the 40% more modifier from being berserker?

No, not counting more modifiers. Just strictly the increased damage total from passive nodes and jewels. To me Aspect of Carnage is like having another free melee phys in my 6 link.

5 frenzy charges is another 20% more. Conc effect. Melee Phys itself. Less Duration.

And I'm going to experiment with Bloodlust, triggering 9+ second bleeds with puncture + increased duration.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Rurutia posted:

Huh. I got ~550 from your tree.

My character's tree is not complete while I've been experimenting.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...H6aYxdr2TSOhjs=

This is what I'll be working towards. The remaining life nodes might be the last things to go on.

That tree is 790% total melee phys. I have 171% from jewels right now, and I have one more jewel slot so I should be able to break 1000% increased phys.

Edit: Forgot Berserker nodes. That takes the tree to 826%.

devoir fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 14, 2016

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Cinara posted:

Nope! The moment you put an item in a public tab it will automatically be picked up by poe.trade and listed.

Sometimes it will list before you even have a chance to set a price.

Like when I had 15 people asking to buy my Tabula Rasa when I dropped it into my 1c buyout tab for 5 seconds.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

moush posted:

Can't you overwrite prices on a global tab? I think that's what he means.

This. I hadn't setup a "big loving items" tab yet.

euphronius posted:

I sold a Tabula in like 4 minutes. The system works.

The currency trading system on poe.trade is amazing. No more trying to whore on trade chat or public parties to sell my fusing for exalted, just pop up a trade offer and it gets filled within an hour while I go do other poo poo.

There are some interesting multi-stage trading profits to be made as well.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Bushiz posted:

I haven't CTD'd since the patch, which is certainly something.

My load time is definitely faster, as well, on an SSD and a tippytop computer from mid last year.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
I bought 3 ex last night for 65 chaos each, just listing on Poe.trade and letting people come to me. Also 650 chromatics for an ex.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Context?

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Well, there goes another 40 bucks or so

Some of those angles make them look like the Power Rangers from the new movie.

It is an armour set ripe for recolours.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Hauki posted:

Specifically, there are three different options for networking, lockstep, predictive and auto. Basically lockstep avoids desynch, but it's extremely sensitive to a poor network connection. Predictive is the old mode. Auto switches between the two based on whatever's happening with your connection. I think it now defaults to auto, but you may want to check first. Can only be changed from the main login screen options.

Worth noting that auto doesn't do what some people might expect - it decides between networking and lockstep at login based on your latency. It does not just change between them on the fly if you have an inconsistent connection while already playing.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

I think this is actually terrible unless it is really common due to the Berek rings making up the majority of the loot table.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Could I get an invite back to the guild? ChargingFist should work.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Valid point, that's what I get for posting before coffee.

It happens when I am in game, just moving about, not doing anything special. In fact, just got to the first town. And then the game completely crashes. No error message or anything, it just completely closes out. When I restart, it crashes again quite quickly again.

16 gigs of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 1060, i5 6760k (I think, I'll need to check.)

It's not crashing the computer, just the game, so it isn't a heat problem.

Suggest validating your files if you're using Steam. Otherwise go look in the tech support sub forum on pathofexile.com to see if anyone else is having similar issues. The game client itself is pretty stable, most crashes people talk about (not you) are server side and very early after a patch. Like the most recent one, where they managed to not catch that instances were taking up 10x the amount of memory they used to...

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I didnt touch Atlas yet, but i kinda feel i should give it a try.

My main problem is that i have no idea what to play.
I want something slightly out of the box, that still kinda works and is also on a budget.

What about Avatar of fire earthquake that focusses on ignites?
Since ill most likely running RT i cant rely on crits for ignite, and i dont think the chance-to support will suffice?

Any other semi-retarded-but-yet-workable ideas?

Look up the guy who went dual wield Razor of the Seventh Sun and the unique ring that allows you to stack ignites. Insane life regen and can basically tank anything that isn't ignite immune.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Maddot_66 posted:

I saw the spectral throw build of the week, and am determined to make it work with a raider instead. Think I can abuse phasing enough, but I'm not sure. Anyone ever tried it?

I briefly dabbled with it. Got 3 x -1 frenzy charge gems, strapped on Snakebite and had poison plus perma-phasing. Ran a Hyrri's Ire plus acrobatics for a buttload of perma-dodge.

Ultimately I just didn't like some aspects of being almost completely chaos/poison-based, so I dismantled the character. That said Raider is a great ascendancy.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Lungboy posted:

What about something like this for a claw Reave -3 frenzy charge Raider? Could add in Vaal Pact if needed, or grab Point Blank and switch to Molten Strike.

Claws are not in a great place right now. I am really enjoying Lacerate, coming from 2 years of Reave on and off.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Okay, three shaper sets and I'm just about at the same point every time. Don't think this build can kill him without going LL and respeccing for Frenzy charges. I'm going to try one more time but it's not looking good; once P2 starts I can't really keep Zana alive because his adds have so much health and I don't really have any burst damage. Then he does his purple death ball bullshit and since I don't have Zana at that moment, I die. My best was like 35%.

I can do literally all the other content in the game without effort, at least.

Have you tried letting her die as quickly as possible? She comes back just in time.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I did RF- manual discharge juggernaught last league, 0.2 from tree and 2x 0.4 from fated kaom rings make 1.0% life reg per endurance charge of which you have 10 and get full charges everytime you would get 1 (i.e. 1x enduring cry= 10% life reg on top of your ~11% from tree which is enough by itself to keep you alive before overcapping and phoenix)
Dont know how it would compare to todays fancy stuff though.

Just FYI for anyone considering this, max end charges on charge generation is no longer guaranteed.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
So with the next patch decoy totem no longer works on Shaper and is significantly less effective on Guardians.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Hippyflip posted:

Hey havent played poe in awhile im just wondering when this league ends and the next starts?

Ends 28. Starts 2.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Mathil's Blade Flurry assassin build recommends a voidheart to up your chances of poisoning an enemy. Is there any other way to get your chance to poison up? I know about Snakebite, but then I'd be concerned about sustaining frenzy charges during long boss fights. Cospri's will might be doable later in the league, but that's hardly reliable for early game.

Look at the ascendency and adder's touch. Unless I am hugely mistaken you don't even need a perfect voidheart to poison on every critical with a dagger as long as the target is not bleed immune. It poisons a shitload even without a voidheart or critical cap. There is also a passive mode or two near acrobatics if you are temporarily desperate.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

turboraton posted:

God drat it they formally ask for translators and I was so nervous that I made some mistakes on the job application email :negative: . Should I just send a ps mentioning that or should I just commit sudoku.

Be honest. But also be mindful that they're going to get inundated with applicants, so even if you had a perfect application you're in competition with a lot of people.

Best of luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Could I grab a guild invite? New char name is AssCrackODawn in the 2 week race (scrubcore).

• Locked thread