Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Pooncha posted:

game good players bad

Anything to look for in a character who wants to spec in Firestorm on a budget? Likely going Elementalist though I might try an Inquisitor version down the line.

Only condition is that it shouldn't rely on double-dipping shenanigans given the upcoming changes to that.

I have been following this build and it's fun so far.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1460817/page/1

Two golems, two curses, zombie meat wall and a skeleton totom has enough stuff to keep me active, but not constantly button clicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Took about 30 minutes but I managed a deathless uber atziri run on my RF guy. That's a ~2ex character able to do the toughest fight in the game without dying, though I don't think I'd ever try it in hardcore until I was ready to build a new character.

That lightning is dicey as gently caress. It's the only boss skill in the game that I feel like I'm not really predicting so much as getting lucky on dodging half the time. I've never been able to find a strong pattern to it.

edit: Trio is also a huge pain in the rear end but they're not all that dangerous if you're willing to spend 15 minutes running in a circle.

Is there a guide or something you can recommend on how to make a decent rf character? Thinking about testing one out for a starter character for the next league, but there are so many to choose from.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

They're probably both intentionally taking it too far to see how it plays out in beta and also considering how Pantheon shenanigans will interact with the changes. It's entirely possible that one of the as yet unseen new defensive superpowers will prop ES up a bit.

Yeah this. This is the exact point of beta and I'm looking forward to seeing the end changes

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Farg posted:

i just finally got my first character to maps, an arc witch with a budget of half a chaos. it was fun and now i have a bit of currency and some uniques. i wanna do one of those crazy clear builds where they are sprinting around all whacky fast and everything explodes. i don't exactly have exalts or nothin but does anyone know something like this that isn't death to level

If you arent too sure what to play, choose a skill you want and go to http://timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list and see if any of the builds grab your fancy. Usually what happens is you get a skill you can use at low levels effectively, then switch over to your main skill later on, when its powerful enough, or you have the right combo going. Dont forget to grab a junk 2hander with a bunch of sockets in it, and put gems you want to use later on in there, so they are ready for you when you need them.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im trying to get my atlas up and running for shaped strand shenanigans, and im suffering from a lack of map drops, and I would like to know if its something I have done wrong or what.

Currently, I have run all the standard tier 9 maps, but not all the uniques. The only t10 that I have completed is shaped mesa, and the only t11 is shaped strand and the only t12 is estuary, which I think I should go and uncomplete.

Am I missing something? Do I need to go all in and start using sextants, which also arent dropping for me. Should I use chaos on the shaped maps to roll good mods? I have been trying to aim for at least 60% quantity and 30% rarity, but I dont want to blow all my chaos on crafting perfect maps. There arent a huge amount of mods I cant run, with ele reflect being the dodgiest. Its possible, but slow and annoying.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 31, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dyzzy posted:

Are you SSF? If not just trade for maps you need.

Along those lines, buy the cheap unique maps to fill out more bonus objectives and do as many T13+ maps as you can.

Also I don't think it's worth it to try to reroll strands unless you get mods you can't run.

Yeah, I have been, but I wanted to get to a point where I can sustain myself. Shaped strands are expensive, and sometimes trading sucks and you dont get any replies. Have done all the cheap uniques, but will start to work on t13+

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

whypick1 posted:

The consolidation of the Sewers and removal of Warehouse is glorious

This news legit has me more interested than most of the other stuff I have heard.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

There are two things that would stop me from selling it. (1) Can I use the money better than running a map? and (2) Will it offend the people who got me the map?

Every time I have used something valuable like that, I end up wishing I had sold it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Well, it was my good fortune and the nice goonfriends simply helped me get the rest of the coins, which I paid nicely for. So I doubt #2.

#1 is really...would I rather get the completion of the atlas (on standard, presumably, since league is ending soon) or have the hundreds of chaos and then, I dunno, buy a shitton of nice gear to make my RF chieftain bitchin.

personally, I dont give a rats rear end about completion bonuses, so I take the money every day.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

frajaq posted:

This looks better? :v:

I think my next big node should be to get Golem's Blood it seems... or some Life Leech

I find evasion to be a bad defensive stat. Eventually one hit is going to get through, and because you have focused on evasion, you wont have enough health or armour to absorb the blow.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

frajaq posted:

I think my issues with the game are mostly from not being used to this type of game, I never played any of the Diablos and only checked this out because Kripp played it on a few streams and it looked interesting plus it was F2P. I actually talked to NPCs and explored all maps reading the lore while lvling :v:

It seems the correct way to play is to just rush through all the difficulties, not even using the leaguestones, ignoring the sidequests besides the ones that give you skillpoints or movement speed flask, until you reach the endgame of the map system and getting gear to actually do the tough bosses. Oh and also meticulously plan and theorycraft your build beforehand. Did I get this right?

The first time round, you are undoubtedly playing it correctly. Read the lore, do all the quests, enjoy the game.

Just keep in mind that you are talking to people who have done those quests a lot. Like, a whole bunch. I have gotten a measly 6 characters to lvl 70+, which means I have done those quests 18 times each minimum, because I have a bunch of characters that never made it past cruel. You start to want to slog through it asap after a while.

And I have never theorycrafted a thing. To work out what character I want to play, I usually pick a skill that I think is cool looking, then find a build that looks doable with a budget within my reach. At this stage the general thrust of them is "Focus on defense for normal, then when you get to cruel, focus on defence but start picking up damage nodes within reach, then when you start merc, focus on defence till you feel comfortable, then more damage nodes".

http://timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list helps for choosing a build this way.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

sushibandit posted:

Essences really just need to have a chance of dropping from "every" rare monster you come across, and a guaranteed drop from essence packs. Because yeah, the essence tab is mostly wasted now that its league is done.

It's not like they haven't nerfed the hell out of the "easy leveling" essences already. RIP 2-hour merciless runs with a new character.

I keep hearing about really quick leveling runs like this. Do you have a guide or something on how to do it?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

so uhh

how much is this thing worth, in LSC?

Mouse over it in game, hit ctrl+c, go to poe.trade, import item data, get rid of the stats you can ignore, hit search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just keep in mind that trading is nearly dead because everyone is in the beta

• Locked thread