Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I'm excited to be able to use glacial hammer Melee splash and not feel outright inferior to ice crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Bugsy posted:

I think I may have sold off my item quantity gems last night, but I don't really care enough to check and make sure.

Don't those not exist anymore?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I picked a lousy day to actually wake up before noon. This is going to be a long wait

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

That is a shame. Why did they make them stop dropping? Too unbalanced? Did they make farming x thing too easy?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

Is someone datamining poo poo?

The patch notes?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Reduced mana doesn't work on Auras anymore unfortunately. I think I would try and fit another herald in there if you can.

I'm looking forward to being completely underwhelmed by Cameria's Maul + Shattered Chains in a couple levels.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I just re plotted my character as a duelist instead of a Templar and his raw stats are better with five less points used...

The Templar is sitting at l54. Do I though it out until the Templar walls or do I just start over?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Washout posted:

Have to have something to do when recovering from coral cut infections. Now I'm down for like 3 weeks longer. :/

Have you considered learning to wash your wounds properly?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

TheRat posted:

Unless you've got a lot of money, in which case you make a 7linked mace.

I'm still new. 7 link?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Hauki posted:

Yeah I was out of town for five days and now I've got all sorts of poo poo to do over the next few days. RIP.

HAH. Sounds like you guys need to get your priorities straight and tell people to gently caress off.

I'm so lonely :ohdear:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Hauki posted:

got my free snow, reinforced my decision to never, ever buy a mystery pack under any circumstances

At least you got snow. I got a 10 pack of consumable "aurora" effects.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

And here I am buying more tabs when I have 60.

"and this is my tab for level 3 reckoning gems with zero quality. And this is my tab for level 4 riposte with quality at least twelve"

An item for every man and a tab for every item.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Hey if I had the money to spend on the tabs on I'd do something similar and probably more poorly organized.

Still just funny in comparison to people who are like "I'm fine with six tabs" :colbert:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Maddot_66 posted:

I could still use help with this if anyone has directions/advice for a scrub.

You didn't read the first post did you?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

theshim posted:

Frankly I'm totally okay with them dropping a bunch of gear that makes the early game stretches go faster, because altitis makes seeing normal and cruel acts 2 and 4 particularly onerous.

Really? I find act 3 the biggest drag

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Skyl3lazer posted:

Act 3 got shortened enough that I dont mind it, the vaal sections of 2, the Kaom section of act 4, and Malachi boss fight are probably the worst parts of the game atm

It used to be longer? :psyduck:

I've only got like 120h to my name so I'm still a baby.

Kaom is my least favourite section too, but act 3 as a whole just makes me go blah.

TheRat posted:

Why are you even bothering with merciless daresso?

Do people just forego the "endgame" and go straight to maps?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Maps are the end game. You do act 4 until you get the skill point then grind dried lakes till you want to do maps.

I get that. I just didn't know what to call Kaom and the whole organs/malachi bullshit after mapping is accessible. "Frivolous repetitive story content"?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Frogmanv2 posted:

Also requesting a guild invite for drizzitdurden

About to run my first map. Very excite.

I'm not sure if that name is awful or hilarious

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Frogmanv2 posted:

Would it make it better or worse if I was playing a TS ranger?

(I was aiming for awful, but the only comment I have had on it so far was someone saying RA Salvatore does good books)

What? Salvatore is like.. What... Was the person that complemented you an angsty sixteen year old?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

J posted:

Here's a preview of a new skill coming in ascendancy called earthquake. Looks like an iteration on ice crash where they wanted to make a slow hitting, powerful skill, but didn't want to make attack speed the best thing to use with it.

Take ice crash crit builds, apply this.

I wonder how big the base aoe will end up at release

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 12, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

quote:

The easiest way to do this is with the Less Duration support gem, which will soon also grant More Damage to duration skills.

That would work on Static Strike too right? Could be handy for leveling.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Bugsy posted:

I assume you have RT, and going two handers or mace + shield?

I'm going crit staves so mine is a bit different than most, but I have Ice Crash + Melee Phys + Weapon Ele Damage + Increased Area of Effect + Power Charge on Crit. Sixth link would probably be Increased Critical Damage. I use heavy strike for bosses. Dream weapon is a 6 link Hegemony's Era with Ice Crash - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased AoE - Increased Critical Multiplier - Fortify

For defenses I'm running determination or warlords mark aura depending on whats around. Bloodrage gets me enough life leech for now, and I have enough regen that it doesn't take any health off. Vengence + Endurance Changre on Melee Stun keeps a couple charges up almost constantly vs trash mobs.

Are you running the one that was featured build a while ago? I was considering giving that one a try in the next league. Is it fun? I don't doubt the effectiveness

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Lungboy posted:

I just got destroyed in cruel HC by a talisman effect, some sort of bone spikes erupting from the ground. What the hell is that?

We're this far in and that's the first time you've noticed a bonespire talisman?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

How does racing work, anyway?

You try to play quickly and realize you're terrible at it, so you either give up forever or go full tism and devote all your playtime to learning to go fast

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

ronya posted:

A thought: the character list at the selection screen should display their bandit quests with little icons next to the name.

Why the select screen? It would make more sense to put that in game on like misc, or a little panel on the passive page

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

My next planned build was a crit ice crash.

Anyone who has been consuming all the new information have any idea if a crit sunder or earthquake would be terrible?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Why is everyone saying you have to have the premium stash to ~trade~. From how I'm reading it, you have to have the premium stash to SELL.

New players aren't going to be diving in going "oh wow I can't wait to loving set up autoselling and make sick exalts."

New system reduces load on their servers, makes it a little quicker/more functional, and anyone who is already selling already has the tabs. If anything, this is going to convince people who have been playing for a while to finally make the leap, spend a couple bucks, and start selling.

Everyone wins?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

ImsaKidd posted:

Maybe he was just on a meth binge?

You could make the drug argument if all the hours were on the same ip address maybe.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

Someone should make the top 10 streamers aware of this and make them take this poo poo to the next level.

I've done a multi phase sleep cycle before (it was the only way I could pull off work and school at the same time while still being able to work out.)

I don't believe it would work well for perpetual longterm gaming because of a) the brain basically always being in a triggered on state for the game b) skinner box things maybe and c) depends how much you believe about blue light and monitors wrecking sleep patterns.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Goddamnit.

I either wanted to do Crit staff ice crash or eq and of course that had to be the in thing this league.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I figured it would have worn itself out by now.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't have an opinion about the dude because frankly I "don't get" streaming video games or why people watch that poo poo, them but there is something wrong with that particular map, that kind of thing has happened to me too many times with that one.

Sometimes you just want to kick back and watch someone play a game that you don't really feel like playing.

This unfortunately led to the rise of stream "personalities" and hosed up the whole ecosystem.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ada posted:

Just found 2 exalts in a level 4 Zana daily, what are some fun things I can buy?

A good marohi and an astramentis. and then donate them to my poor rear end

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Why do you think they would do something that would require as much senseless reworking as removing a whole difficulty level?

There has been a standard of three (or more) difficulties in arpgs for a long time, and I'd rather that effort be put towards more content.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Well today I learned several things. drat. I had no idea they had that kind of time scale planned.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Bebop, rock steady, and slash would all look pretty nifty in the poe art style, with slash Making the most sense because he doesn't have a gun.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Let's not forget the guy who the giant 10 thousand dollar jewel dog pet that only he and a few friends have. And there's also the big spender that gets any negative post about him deleted by ggg.

I never understood the whole surprise that someone would spend a boat load of money on this game. I'd only be surprised if they were going into debt spending that kind of money which I'm sure most aren't. If I was rich or making closer to 6 figures I'd spend that kind of money on this game. But I'm also a single dude with no kids so I would have the spare cash to spend it on what I like doing.

I can't help but wonder if GGG takes something like this and just splits it among employees as a sort of Windfall bonus payout instead of dumping it back into the company well.

About how many people work at GGG now?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

protip: Don't take your sleep meds and then try to run the labyrinth. I sat there looking at my hp slowly tick down until I realized I was standing on a Doomba.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ada posted:

I just spent 150 jewelers and 50 fuses for my 6s 5link Carcass Jack before I remembered quality made it more likely to roll better links. Oh well, got it anyway.

It doesn't anymore, so you saved yourself the trouble of putting it to 20 quality and then wondering why the hell it wasn't consuming the quality when you rolled the fuse or socket.

Or does quality still affect it, but is no longer consumed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

ronya posted:

patch notes:

I thought I might have misread when I skimmed it that one time. Good to know.

• Locked thread