Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Hot drat I should have played darkshrines to bank up stuff for standard. I know, it's disgusting playing standard but I just don't have the time/patience to keep starting over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
At higher levels, dying in softcore sucks a bunch too as the xp penalties can get rough. So you could always just play to that if you don't like the idea of having to start over on death. I know I would personally gouge my eyes out if I played hardcore as I generally dislike levels 1-20/30 depending on build.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Holy poo poo no. I've never vendored an ex+ unique by accident or otherwise.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Pretty sure exalts drop in price once they peak. I'd sell it right now for 60c that sounds about as high as it's going to get.

It's less the orb value of exalt going up and more the value of items coming down later on.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You can sell them to the vendor for 7 jewellers.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Anyone have a drillneck on standard they'd be willing to part with for cheap? I'm hoping someone who doesn't play standard has one sitting around from a previous league. Also any decent stuff for an arc witch.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I fiddled around throwing discharge on my CoC cyclone and with triple curse (via blasphemy), it actually worked pretty well despite having a really low crit chance. I'm considering making a budget CoC Discharge using that principle. I am sorta getting tired of using Cyclone though. It gets fiddly with terrain.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Shoulda made it a real bday cake and put an exalt at least on there.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I got fuckin snow for my hideout?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Washout posted:

Ice crash tank guy is really really powerful and fun.

What is a good 4 link for cast when damage taken for a tornado shot character? I can't figure this poo poo out anymore.

CwDT, Immortal Call, Increased duration and ??? Is usually pretty popular from what I've seen.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
P sure arc is strong enough to be dirt cheap. Crit arc can get expensive purely because crit anything is expensive.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Ahhah, okay, good to know.

One other question, am I just dumb or did they change CWDT-Arctic Armor in 2.1? CWDT's gem level requirement matches my AA gem but it's just never casting. It casts my Chaos Golem a dozen times over but never casts AA. Do I need to have enough mana unreserved to cast AA like it was self-cast or something?

AA is a fixed reservation toggle now, not a constant drain. And toggles don't work with CWDT.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also for malachai you'll never dodge everything so eat the attacks you know you can tank/flask through rather than trying to dodge everything and getting backed into a corner before dying. It becomes a lot easier then.
edit: I usually make pretty poo poo characters and I rarely ever die more than once despite running him on merc around mid-late 60s. I am also not a particularly careful player.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 8, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also someone in the thread mentioned it at least once about a week before it happened. And it's not exactly a fast moving thread.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

theshim posted:

One guy got a 6s Voll's, one I gave like 100j, 20c and 20 chisels, one got an Empower that had just dropped, and one got six Sacrifice at Midnights, plus a few other things I had lying around. Was fun! :buddy:

You were still the big winner though, that thing rolled pretty well.

Downside of moving to standard like some kind of pleb. All the season end giveaways happen before people hit standard...

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Fuuuuuuuck. I'm gonna have to do the races this time cause I want a whispering ice.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I'd guess the sub 10c ones are all probably super low ilevel which makes the item a bit garbage.

edit: the real draw for me is the super cheap potential 7-link since all sockets attach to the icestorm skill it provides without requiring a link.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
That was someone in this thread. A couple pages back.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Budgie posted:

I just ripped to puncture. I forgot the Canyon boss could do that since I'd run him like 5 times and Rumi's was clearly blocking it all the previous times. I forgot to get good.

RIP 5link Shav's. I'll miss you http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605939632

Do people just leave items in their standard stash and never touch them again? Is it bad form to ask to borrow/steal them? Will give a loving home in standard. It's terrible but I just don't have enough free time to deal with starting over in seasons.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah it was a mess clearing out my stash when I stopped playing leagues. I had all these sorta okay leveling rares but when I combined all the spillovers, 90%+ were vendor bait.

edit: Especially since when you buy stashes, it turns the remove only stashes into proper ones before it gives you new ones.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

So I played a ground slam/heavy strike marauder up to 78 and then stopped playing for a while shortly after act 4 came out. The build I was doing wasn't really that good, so i was looking for something fun, effective, and relatively simple. I don't have a ton of currency or any great uniques other than facebreakers.

Do you care about playstyle at all? Melee, ranged, caster, totems etc etc. I think cyclone still does pretty well. And there's the flame totem builds that are super cheap and easy (personally find them boring as hell since you drop your totems and just run victory laps). Bladefall is also popular(strong) right now. Blast rain, too. You should be able to search any of those any find detailed-ish builds on the forums.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I managed to get 4g1b on my 5link voll's and that poo poo is never getting changed. It is forever my discharge chest.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It's 14 bucks us, though. Like, goddamn that is a lot for a thing that I often mistake for an enemy.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I really hope they change make a legacy voll's protector and don't just nerf the mechanics in the back-end. I've got a 4g1b 5link that cost a lot.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'd be okay with that since the voll's will still be useful for a standard CoC build then. I'd only be concerned if the buffs were directed at the item and at the underlying mechanics so it would just get bricked instead of legacy'd.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

You're in the guild on standard, yeah? There are a tonne of much, much better bows in the gstash. Just grab one.

Just generally raid the gstash for anything and everything that would be an upgrade. Most people don't care about it. I'll see if I've got some stuff I'm lugging around that I can dump in there, too.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Assuming the OP is still accurate,

quote:

We have a guild. We used to have two, but now there's just the one. How to get invited, courtesy of skyl3lazer:

Don't PM me for an invite. PM Skyl3blazer with a link to your SA profile, and in your profile include your character name in there. Or just get on the IRC: #pathgoons @ irc.synirc.net
The officers are: katasi,(also available on IRC), bugsy, dbk, pokchu, budgie, Hauki. Skyl3lazer is our leader. If you PM someone on IRC for an invite, include a link to your SA profile and include your character name in there as well.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Look up oro's flicker for a cheap and easy way to flit around murdering the everloving hell out of everything.

edit: the one I followed used bloodmagic but with running warlord's off blasphemy you really don't need it. So I'm guessing it's not an optimal build, but still super effective. Also, while it helps, you don't need that jewel that turns melee boosts into fire (fireborn?).

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 27, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I don't run 5link and it works plenty fine for early maps so far.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Truth you can go flicker without oro's. The benefit to oro's is that you get charges on ignite instead of chance on kill so your ability to flicker is a little smoother. Also you can run warlord's off blasphemy for easy endurance charges instead of using daresso's. Also iirc oro's is cheaper than a good phys 2hander but I could be wrong. It's probably less damage than phys flicker but it's been incredibly cheap for me to build considering how strong it's been since there's basically no gear requirements other than oro's and you can slot whatever auras you want and don't need blood rage.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Flicker works for HC. It's actually not inherently less tanky than typical melee 2H builds. There's just a problem with not being able to react when you flicker into something dangerous, which you can somewhat mitigate by just playing in a certain way and being very tanky.

I've also found it can occasionally get annoying since you can't really target any one enemy. Especially if it's a rare providing a dangerous aura to the map boss and a bunch of mobs. It's also why the only thing that has killed me so far has been the museum map bosses. Usually takes me two or three tries to get them down since they all take damage evenly thanks to flicker spreading it around. Which reminds me that I should set up something for single target. Probably just another flicker with fire pen instead of melee splash.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I like the look of the lightning one a lot more. The frost one could be cool I guess. Depends how it synergizes with stuff. I'm guessing you can have more than one out unlike the lightning one.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I can't think of a single build that uses every single skill slot as an active ability. I guess maybe if you did a summoner where everything was self-cast and multiple curses? But usually the only way you fill up everything is auras and those don't need to be actively visible.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Holy poo poo hierophant looks amazing.

edit: Berserker looks like it's encouraging a high risk/reward thing with maybe a lower overall healthpool and high regen/LL but the advantages don't seem worthwhile.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 28, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You need consistent frenzy charge generation. Assassin's mark, blood dance, blood rage, etc are generally used for regular flicker. Oro's if you go for the charges on ignite variant but oro's is like, level 67.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Ah. You probably don't want to level as flicker if you're waiting on Oro's for your charge generation. I think people run molten strike or flame totem till they get their oro's going. Or you might be able to run blood rage and assassin's mark but I don't know if you'd do enough damage to maintain it considering you're likely sinking points into fire damage and not phys.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Watched a video of someone doing Vinktar and drat. What're the odds of us getting the cool orbital laser skill?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Call of the brotherhood is pretty good but it's way up there. Definitely gonna give this a run to snag that whispering ice, though. Should be pretty easy to hit even if you careless rip a couple times. I'm guessing bladefall or something would be the simplest way to easy mode this? Specifically I'm concerned about malachai since he already shits ground effects and the wandering ice fields could be painful.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Um, does that look like 100% mana reservation for flicker strike builds to you? Cause it looks like it to me.

edit: Free flicker + 20% attack speed, if you're going oro you get the 60% increased recovery from ignites and +1 frenzy charges with 10% frenzy charge on kill.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Magus42 posted:

Does Flicker Strike count as a movement skill?

I checked before typing that and it is tagged as movement so I'd assume so.

• Locked thread