Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

Welp, looks like another league of Scion & Marauder everywhere! Why they decided to nerf the life on the right side of the tree I will never understand.

um how was it nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

A couple of the %life nodes near the Shadow tree got nerfed , Blood Siphon in particular. That cluster went from 24% life for 3 points to 20%. The extra %life went over to Nullification, which means you need to spend an extra 2 skill points to get 1% more total life than you had before, which is utter poo poo.

If you want to start as a Ranger/Witch/Shadow and be life-based you're basically forced to take the Scion life wheel.

Thats literally the only one I see nerfed and its only 4%.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

"Only 4%" is really lovely when you consider how much more life Marauder/Scion/Templar/Duelist get access to on the left side of the tree.

There currently isn't a compelling reason to start on the right side of the tree when you can only get like 135% life as opposed to like, 180% (without taking the Scion life wheel, which was my complaint)

Look at the class distribution for Darkshrine, both SC and HC. Top 100 spots are all dominated by Marauder/Scion, with like 80% showing between the two of them

Well you said it was multiple but it was just those 3 nodes. Secondly the reason for the class distribution is cause they're all cyclone.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Just have 150k+ DPS as melee acro like my guy in tempest. :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...igAnimeCleavage

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Surely that should say "Sponsored by Rodent" somewhere? :colbert:

I didn't link the char you pked tho?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Echo doesn't work on totems.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

you can't crit without the amulet. abyssus is just for the 40-60 damage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bugsy posted:

They don't get the +2 level because they don't have the aura tag on them, but they should still benefit from the 8% reduced mana reserved.

The reduced mana reserved is global though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

az posted:

I'm levelling my Tshot according to Neversinks build now but since his step by step is broken I'm trying to use Liftingnerds to approximate the order to go through and while they are almost identical I'm wondering. Neversink takes Weapon Artistry (2% Block, 16% phys dmg, 4% atk spd, 10 str+dex) whereas Lfn is getting Depth Perception (16% acc, 20 dex, 20% critc). They both look really nice to me, what's the rationale behind ignoring either of them? Also I assume Phase Acrobatics is worth getting, Lfn is dropping that for some reason.

Neversink's hits 95% critchance without the node.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

az posted:

I ran it through Emmit's planner and it came out at 160% from nodes, or do you mean it ends up as 95% on the character sheet in the end? I don't actually know if there's a cap to Critc.

Yes on the character sheet. 95% is the crit cap.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I've never had that issue. The only thing I can suggest is switching to a different gateway.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SweetBro posted:

Wat's the recipie for The Goddess Unleashed?

No one knows. It'll probably be a while to figure it out since it doesn't look good to use.

You have to decipher this nonsense.

THE RIDDLE TO UNLEASH
Three to wield, pure and fine,
Eclipse eternal to align
Exquisite full and true.

Three to save, risk reward,
Two exalt and one encored,
Counting all in equal due.

Three to help, each matured,
All beloved by the third,
All imperfect sums of two.

Kild fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 26, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its almost never worth it to force 5l/6l.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Lioneye's isn't bad even when playing crit, because it lets you completely forgo accuracy.

also opens you up to reflect if you're evasion based.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Those 6l armors are rarely better than a tabula. Even in Tempest the good ones were few and far between and goodluck recoloring them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Washout posted:

Ah yeah, just have to sell them for 40c each and then get enough to buy a real one.

They were barely more than a divine for 2 resists + life ones cus no one wants a rare chest that you can't recolor.

e: Divines were going for 5c.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ronya posted:

Frenzy's bad because it's too easy to generate Frenzy charges through Blood Rage. As a skill, Frenzy just doesn't give enough bonus %damage, as the penalty for charge generation (compare level 20 Frenzy with 3 charges - giving you 136+20=151% damage - with level 1 Burning Arrow, which gives you 150%+15%/s for 4s ignite)

TS with GMP is actually decent (not LMP - you need more secondary arrows). It's not awe-inspiring, but it'll plink away at single targets faster than LA will. Aim slightly behind a single target. TS also has implicit piercing, handy for taking out a single target behind a wall of adds.

if you intend to run bosses that like to move a lot, like Voll, then puncture crit works well. Doesn't work so great for odd rares.

your other main options are puncture-trapping or vaalburningarrow-trapping. These work better if your bow is awesome enough that you can murder whatever you want to murder in one or two point blank traps. I am running a non-voltaxic LA/TS ranger right now in Talisman - I gave up on trapping, too many rares with skills that allow them to destroy traps. It's a pain to fight leap slammers, lightning warpers, storm heralds, etc. without Clever Construction.

You're gonna have more than 3 charges and you didn't include the attack speed

e: though its still not good

Kild fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 4, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xequecal posted:

Do you guys think this would be a viable build? The idea here is to use Molten Strike while dual-wielding scepters. Since the little fire balls don't move far they get the full bonus from Point Blank and you also have Iron Grip buffing their damage. Resolute Technique means not worrying about accuracy or killing yourself through crits on reflect minions, and the huge damage bonus from those two passives makes up for not having crits. It's got 112% bonus life, and like 150% bonus armor and 100% bonus evasion rating already, and I still have 24 points left, which could easily go into more life/armor/evasion passives since there are several of those trees that I've already connected and just not taken.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...vjr_gr-j_xLFE0=

this would be your endgame

Though Scion start is worse than Duelist or Marauder and you touch both basically.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xequecal posted:

I thought about Marauder or Duelist, but the reason I picked Scion is that from reading the wiki, the projectiles that Molten Strike shoots out don't count as "melee" and therefore don't benefit from passives that have "melee" in the description. So the Marauder/Duelist starting passives would suck for this, because they would only affect the initial hit and not the projectiles which are doing most of the damage. The wiki however also explicitly says that "melee" is OK and affects both if it's referencing a weapon type, so the Strong Arm tree is OK, it's just "melee" and "melee physical" that doesn't work. This is also why I picked dual wielding and not sword/shield, the shield passives at the bottom are "melee physical" and thus wouldn't work.

The way I have it set up now the only passives I took that have the "melee" qualifier are the first Scion talent point and Born to Fight. For the former, I could easily go down the dex side for +% projectile damage and get the same tree, I just figured the resists would be more valuable. The latter is just a connector that's good enough for one talent point even with the physical damage part only being partially effective.
You'd just go down the life side of Marauder and save yourself 6 pts. You can spend 2 of that to get 15% all res and 12% armor if you cared about resists. Also duelist start is Physical Damage with Attacks, not melee damage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

az posted:

Thanks guys, I'll look into that! Do you run blood rage manually or do you have it in a trigger setup? And let me ask about blast rain, I've been seeing it in a lot of builds but I have no idea how well it compares to the other skills.

If your clear speed isn't abysmal you're fine just manually casting it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Is there a spell-based build out there that uses mana but doesnt reserve any? I've always viewed clear mind as a blood magic jewel.

Mines :D

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

You don't run a defensive aura or two? Grace/AA?

Each mine is like 500 mana.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Wait since when was Mjolner only ~1ex?

since its drop rate went up and it got nerfed

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

lol are there seriously only 3 gems that work with dualwielding?

Yeah and only like 6 work for unarmed. They're the two most unloved.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Bought this for cheap to start an elemental crit Split Arrow dude. I can craft either 15–29 to 19–34 cold damage or 8-22% WED. What would be better here?

Use a blessed orb on that fucker. Also the WED is probably better.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

I like the idea of Converting a bunch of enemies to fight for me, and really wanted to like Conversion Trap, but it sure seems awful. Is Dominating Blow a more viable option for a build with something like Melee Splash?

Dom Blow has a lot of buggy interactions with stuff like bloodlines. Stuff like giving you corrupting blood when the monster dies.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dreggon posted:

do i post my account number in IRC with the account name? i haven't had to do this in over two and a half years and it seems unnecessarily complicated over just posting my name here

just post your name here

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kea posted:

What the hell is this madness, one pack of rubbish enemies.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604980146

It's one of the mods a blue pack can get. They all drop the same rare

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kea posted:

Thats hilarious.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bloodline_mod#Bloodline_affixes

Keeper of the Trove

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Does winning a race item actually carry over to new leagues? I've wanted to get into racing but wasn't sure how the rewards worked exactly.

Yeah you get a "race tab" with your rewards in it that can be taken out in any league. You only get 1 item though so once you remove it you can't get another in standard or whatever.

e: Though theres a buffer window for when you can remove them in new leagues as to not flood the market or get unfair advantage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So it's like MTX then, you can only have one out at a time? If you, say, socket up your Whispering Ice, does it lose all that when you put it back in and take it out on someone else and make you redo the sockets and links?

You can't put it back you just get an item thats in some weird global tab. Once you remove it thats it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Katasi posted:

Vorici can fix them for 350 fusings, which is still pretty drat cheap. Total price is still below 50c.

You only need jewellers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bloodly posted:

Where are you getting all that resistance FROM, anyway? People say 'cap your resistance' as though it's something easy, but don't bother to say how, and nothing seems to have 'enough' even in combination.

You only need 135% total resist to cap that element in Merciless. Gear can have all 3 elements up to like 45% so you'd essentially only need 3 pieces to hit the cap. Of course not everyone has perfect gear but with 5 armor slots possibly a shield and 3 jewellry slots you have plenty of room. And even then you can supplement on the tree if need be.

So just using a bunch of rare gear you have to be trying really hard to not reach that point. The issue is a lot of unique gear has little to none to even negative resists. And a lot of newer players just stack Uniques. But if you're having a real tough time getting resists Goldrim is always a cheap option.

Kild fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 24, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Quick check: I'm level 65 as a tornado shot ranger, I have 2.5k health, estimated 35% evasion, the whole acrobatics cluster, 2.5% regen, capped resists except Fire, three magic level 60 flasks, and Arctic Armor. Does that sound about right, except for the resists? I got killed a fair amount through late act 3 merciless.

Your life should be closer to 4k. Your evasion is also kinda on the low side. It should be closer to 40-45%

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

It looks like I have about 100% increased life from nodes so I'm assuming gear is a problem, especially since I'm still using leveling uniques in three spots (Fairgreave's, Auresize, Wurm's Molt)

You need about 150%.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

You gotta set your profile to public.

StashAugustine posted:

Oh is the standard guild active at all, I assumed most people were in the league. Character name is Mara_Shepard. I'm still using a 4L; along with Arctic Armor and Hatred.

It's all 1 guild.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

In image form

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

holy poo poo is the cold unbearable

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Korwin posted:

Anyone got their Points? I'm still on the pre 24 hour race score.
Got into Act 3 before I stopped (did not die), but it was the second Char. not shure if thats Messing it up.

It's gonna take a while like 1000 people completed or something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vorenus posted:

I'm in A2Cruel, and I'm at a loss. Ele resist was an issue, fixed that. Then it's mana, fix that, but now it's DPS, or block/stun b/c just being on the same screen as a common mob seems to induce paralysis in my character. Or now matter how well I try to stack ES with armor or evasion I'm getting 2-shot by bosses. Is there a way to enjoy this game that doesn't involve either starting a new race every two hours or treating it like a full-time job?

You can't really do ES plus evasion without end game gear. You either do HP + evasion or pure ES. and Pure ES is hard to do before Merci anyway so you probably should just go hybrid.

• Locked thread