Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Ugh I'm gonna need a doedre's crown with 3 blue 1 white for sockets :smithicide:

Edit: Also I guess I missed another purge. Can someone toss RIPtoReflect an invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Dreggon posted:

what curses boost chaos damage if any? i need like, 3 curses

This was probably answered already, but if you're doing caustic arrow or a poison build in general I'd go for temp chains, enfeeble, and once you can fit it, vulnerability. The first two make most monsters an absolute joke so you can get by just stacking life or ES which is really nice if you're in the shadow area where defenses are typically sort of a mess anyways. Blasphemy temp chains/enfeeble makes devourers and dumb enemies like leapers and rankagos a joke (provided you aren't getting shot at from outside of curse range)

Replace temp chains with grace and enfeeble with discipline or something for curse immune maps (or just don't run them)

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Man I had a really cool idea for a hybrid RF/VRF/Pain Attunement EE occultist that used coruscating elixir and vaal discipline, but coruscating elixir doesn't count as legit energy shield recharge and the max resist is nerfed from 10% to 6% so you can't get 100 fire resist anymore :saddowns:

Did ES even start to recharge if you were at 100% fire resist before (thus immune to the fire damage)?

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 27, 2016

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I've never used mines before but am going saboteur with ice cluster traps and was thinking of using Storm Call mines for single target. Do I need to get the node that makes mines detonate instantly? I guess I could just use storm call + cluster trap + reduced duration + conc effect in deerstalkers

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Rurutia posted:

I'm reading some stuff about ED/Contagion not being very good for end-game. How true is that?

The build I ran in talisman made it to T12 maps before I had to quit because RL got busy. Some stuff was pretty slow but it was very safe because I had 5500hp even with a tabula equipped and ran temp chains + enfeeble on blasphemy. Most of my tree was AoE radius and duration nodes and I went all the way down to duelist for that weird DoT/Duration notable that was probably intended for bleeds.

Abyssal Cry + Poison + inc Aoe + life leech is really cool too :gibs:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
They could quell the pay to win complaints pretty easily: Flag an account for 1 free premium stash tab upgrade (the $1 mtx or whatever) for completing the merciless malachai cheevo :getin:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Vorenus posted:

Lol. I ask about a build, told it's too expensive. Ask about another, also too expensive. Have a build suggested, ask for more info and told it's not suitable. gently caress it.

Noncrit Arc in a 4+ link with that 40% more damage after a crit node and curse on hit orb of storms should get you about halfway through maps just stacking life even with garbage gear.

You can farm a tabula yourself with the cards in the aqueduct.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Hierophant Templar gets some cool poo poo like free pseudo 5 links. Inquisitor gets weird consecrated ground stuff.
If you wanna just be a hard hitting mofo 2h mace guy with earhquake and a marohi (they probably will be expensive again this league for a week or two as opposed to being 1c in talisman) try berserker or slayer. Berserker gets 100% leech after a savage hit which should be pretty huge.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
My first time fighting Izaro, I held down heavy strike until the phase ended. Then I got to his 2nd fight and he was all Goku'd up with 3 added damage conduits active, and my resists were all garbage :owned:

I like the labyrinth so far, I just wish the skeleton spawning things had more health so I wouldn't accidentally kill them with earthquake. I also wish the areas weren't as big, and there was more trap + monsters combinations, instead of "here is a long floor spike + roomba section you need to blindly run through, good luck!"

Earthquake rules. I'm level 60 still using a Geofri's Baptism and it still one shots almost all white mobs in act 1 merciless, 2-3 hits for blue packs, and I just heavy strike down any rares/bosses and weave in EQ to mow down any adds.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I finally got rid of geofri's at 62 :rolleye: using earthquake in a 3 link (EQ Less Duration Melee Phys). Even at 62 most trash mobs died to the initial hit + the quake followup. I had 3k life at 62 with bad gear (none on chest, 20-40 on most pieces) so it's not like I was a glass cannon. My resists are horrid though.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Save your exalt because other items will only lose value in relation to it.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Korwin posted:

Well looks like I could get an Marohi Erqi (4 and 2 link) for an Exalted.
(still need 5 Levels to use it, so I should wait until then?

You can get a marohi for like 15 chaos. They definitely are way more expensive this league due to the popularity of earthquake, but you shouldn't shell out an exalt for one. Exalts are like 60+ chaos already
There were a couple good 2h maces in the guild stash last time I checked. Just use that until act 4 merciless and do some dried lake runs for the chaos recipe, and buy a marohi with those.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Skeletons are garbage which makes me mad. They are basically worse than SRS in every way. I'm fine with them not being fast but the upper cap on them should be higher, the mana cost should be lower, and maybe the number of skeletons per cast should be raised with gem levels.

They do OK damage and scale exceptionally well with flat auras (and probably clayshaper!), but it just feels like such poo poo trying to do them because every time you move it takes you a ton of time to summon your skeletal army and it costs like loving 150 mana per cast.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Animate weapon is a lot more tolerable if you make an AHK script to hold down shift+alt (pickup key) and hit your animate weapon button. I E-mailed GGG if this was kosher and they said it was OK.

Me posted:

Here is my question: Would binding a key to hold both alt and shift while using my animate weapon skill be against the TOS?

I would still basically be sending one command to the server - to cast animate weapon on the targeted loot on the ground, but it requires multiple key inputs to execute the command. I would still need to manually move my mouse over the weapon before hitting the button.

support@grindinggear.com posted:

Thank you for contacting support with this concern. We can confirm that this would be a completely acceptable macro in line with our Terms of Use.

For some reason animate weapon can target poo poo all the way across the screen but if you try to use it on something farther than some arbitrary distance, your character will move unless you hold shift (and alt due to alt pickup).

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Holyshoot posted:

Bunch of people who don't have a lot of disposable income ever ITT

I'd rather spend it on something more productive, like destroying myself with drugs and alcohol

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm looking to either buy a high level armor or armor/evasion white helmet with the reduced earthquake enchant, or just one with a middling life roll and at least one resist around 30ish. I only have about 1.5ex to spend.

it seems like XYZ is plagued with flippers and it's impossible to buy an earthquake hat for less than several exalts, and half the time they are something like abyssus or rat's nest that would be bad for my build anyways or on a bringer of rain which, again, is pretty useless.

I was really hoping this league would have a good market for white enchanted items but alas. I'd be happy to just buy a high level armor or armor/es white helm with the earthquake enchant and chaos spam it myself. :sigh:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm glad alchs are cheaper. I like to just alch and go on maps unless it's reflect or blood magic (which isn't even really a problem for my current dude), and I like alching white jewelry or high base chests/gloves/boots. It's a pretty cheap way to sometimes gamble some good stuff.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Tykero posted:

RF totem don't trigger EE because EE only triggers on a hit. RF totems cause a degen effect that never hits, hence no EE proc.

If you're a chieftain, your totems do AoE damage based on their HP if they get hit. This damage triggers EE.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Mortimer posted:

double edit: it was changed from doing fire damage to reflecting fire damage so it doesn't trigger EE

I don't have a chieftain, but this would be easy enough to test considering EE has a spell effect.

If it doesn't trigger it anymore, EE is still not even that useful considering how quickly things die, except as a 1 pointer to make vaal lightning traps better vs. bosses or something.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Ultima66 posted:

HM: Vaal Spark: Was a very popular build, was completely dumped on by GGG "in nearly every possible way," is now total trash.

Vaal spark is still good for murdering bosses, but it's probably about the same as vaal storm call now, unless you're in a tiny room or also have vaal glacial hammer. It's still probably pretty bad without Winds of Change or the other stuff you'd already have in a regular spark build.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm at like 40k tooltip on earthquake with a 5L marohi, which doesn't include the aftershock which goes off after every swing since I have the hat enchant. The aftershock also does 79% more damage, so it's really like 111k dps as a RT build :stare:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm looking to either split the cost of buying a vaal temple with someone, or to buy a spot in a vaal temple map if someone has one already (or two spots, a friend of mine needs it also). It's one of the last few challenges I need. If anyone is interested in this pm me here or message me ingame

I'm on perandus SC, my quakelord marauder is named WeedGoku

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Katasi posted:

I bought a vaal temple a week or two ago, and then got offered a free portal into one a few hours later. You can have the one I bought as long as you get all the guild members that need it together at the same time to run it.

That's very awesome of you but I am happy to pay you for it. My friend is a goon but he isn't tagged in the guild. I'd be happy to give away the other 4 spots to guildies though!

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
e: nevermind I see you under officers

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Hello I was gifted a Vaal Temple by Katasi and would like to help goons out with the challenge credit. I have 3 spots left if anyone needs it.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Whitest Russian posted:

I needed this as well. I'm guessing we missed it?

Goodish news (for you?), my friend who is a goon but not tagged who was gonna run it with me (and give the other spots away to other goons) had to log, so looks like we're doing it tomorrow!

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Getting a good item filter helps a lot with ignoring loot, because it at least gives you slightly different background colors to help identify good or bad bases. That way you aren't picking up poo poo like destroyer regalias and copper plates in high maps.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

soscannonballs posted:

the Stun Immunity will free up one passive point

and more importantly, it lets you use a stibnite flask which is completely ridiculous. My marohi quaker last league ran one just to tank poo poo like argus and izaro because you can roll them to only use 7 flask charges and it makes things only hit you like 40% of the time even with barely any base evasion. If you take unwavering stance you can't evade attacks so the flask does zilch :saddowns:

I'm either gonna be a tricurse CI occultist that somehow makes Darkscorn work with lioneye's fall/wand and staff nodes, or axe onslaught lightning strike raider :black101:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
So does ice nova spawn from any frostbolt or all of them?

If it's the latter, scold's bridle and CWDT GMP Slower Proj frostbolt and high mana cost ice nova spam :getin:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
It's not hard to satisfy almost all your strength needs with just a str belt that has more str on it. You don't really lose out on too much vs. a leather belt or the 20 ES from a chain belt.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

The Shortest Path posted:

Am I crazy or did there used to be another zone in the west side of act 2?

They trimmed down a few zones. They meged the spider area into western forest, moved oak's zone to before vaal ruins, and added the northern forest instead of the wetlands.

Also the coves and upper submerged passage are gone, solaris and lunaris got lowered to 2 zones, and a couple of other things are gone.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Yeah but who is even still playing d3? Nobody on my bnet friends the day a new season started, that's who.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Give maps with bad layouts or low enemy counts an experience and quantity multiplier. The End.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

This isn't anything about a fued, or even hyperbole. I just happened to see the new season starting that day, checked my bnet friends to see who was playing (when it'd usually be 5-10 people at least 2 seacons ago) and literally 0 people were playing D3. The end.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Hey can someone reinvite me my name is BoringDaggerRaiderBuild I skipped essence and didn't get much time to play prophecy due to being busy IRL

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Jinnigan posted:

I really wanna make some kind of 1h sword and board character next league. Can't wait to see the patch notes to plan it out

I'm hoping to try some sort of varunastra blocksplosion gladiator depending on how much ambush breach and beyond I get

I might go with my "swarm of angry bees" animate weapon build just to get up and running to clear quickly and cheaply since I only spent like 20c (not counting chromes/jewelers) and I can clear T14 maps. It's also nice going fast. Necromancer witch, +2 minions hat with AW Spell Totem Minion Damage Melee Splash, swap spell totem for multistrike for bosses, and maybe splash with WED. Victario's chest (for auras/blasphemy) and victario's shield (with necro aegis, gives your minions power and frenzy charges but is laggy as gently caress). My main skills for clearing up to where I start getting a lot of weapons are SRS in a 3 link +3 fire gems sceptre, unlinked zombies, and a single flame sentinel. This is usually plenty to get rolling on an army of weapons. You usually don't even need a ton to clear, but having a huge swarm trivializes most bosses.

The only thing I hate about the build is running 60% reduced regen, because regen mostly keeps me healthy from chip damage and ES regen with MOM/EB is abysmally slow and it makes maps slower than temp chains :mad:

You usually wind up with like 40-70 weapons after finishing a breach and then can zip to the boss and kill it in seconds, then clear the rest of the map.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

queeb posted:

I'll probably start with a bog standard ED/Contagion Occultist, soulstrike/wicked ward. then start building into some of the absurd legacy stuff whenever i get lucky.

Yeah ED/Contagion with abyssal cry in a 4L is a pretty good starter build. A lot of beyond dudes have pretty high chaos resist but that didn't stop people from playing full conversion fire builds back during the last flashback

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Has anyone had much luck using Bloodlust in a build? I'm probably going to make a bleeding/explosion gladiator with varunastra and that uul-netul shield, and either a 5L defiance or BoR. I figure I have enough passive bleed from gladiator that I can reliably bleed things with counterattacks and shield charge. I'd probably be using Cyclone as my main melee ability. and perhaps a warchief totem for supplemental single target.

What's the best flask to get anti freeze on, or what other options to I have? I really would prefer to not have it on a life flask, but I'm at least using Lion's Roar and maybe the vulnerability aura one and I'd like a quicksilver flask of adrenaline. I'm probably fine with one life flask and then putting anti freeze on a basalt or something? Maybe I can use a taste of hate when I get rich, but that's not immunity.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

panda clue posted:

If you like that and can invest 5 minutes to download DSCM and do whatever else makes it actually run on PC, play dark souls 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
We're even getting bonewheel skeletons in 3.0 in PoE... Then again dark souls stole them from berserk like everything else. But really dark souls is just "this world is hosed up and if you wanna be guts go for it"

• Locked thread