Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I'm not in the guild but I'll happily help people in HC Perandus. Just send a tell to @Iceyalone. I'm super uninterested in buying gear so I'm mostly just chilling in town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

it is still ridiculous that beyond isn't in the base game :colbert:

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Firos posted:

That's a really lovely sword.

it really is. I have no idea why you'd take a 6L Exquisite Blade and turn it into this.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

it's not that you're wrong about the goddess weapons' stats, it's that it's far easier to get anything else that will do a comparable job without a drawback. i don't think anyone is upset that they're going to have to make this sword or are even upset at all. we're discussing a bad unique that had a lovely riddle that took 5 months to solve and is ridiculously expensive for what it does. the designer is also a hilarious idiot with far more money than sense and we're going to laugh at that. i would like to know why you're so defensive about this though.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Any goons in Perandus HC want some money/items? I don't have much left but I'm done with the league and I'd rather things went to a good home. Add @BarzonDek I'll probably pop up online tonight.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Beyond was the best league, is the best map mod, and getting it twice is heaven. On a similar note, I know it's been nerfed substantially but gently caress Invasion forever.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Beyond never spawned Cintiq, the Inescapable in Brutus' room. And if you somehow managed to kill him, enjoy your magic items. Beyond was cool and good once you could actually deal with Beyond mobs. TheRat isn't wrong about Beyond but I loved it.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

It won't take much of a buff for me to play some kind of Incinerator first. Even without I'll probably still do it.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Where's the incinerate buff? Why does GGG hate me so much? I'm still going to do it

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

Incinerate depends entirely on how the new channeling system works, really.

Any explanation of that line would have been pretty nice.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

Tell that to GGG. They havent explained it yet.

Don't worry, Rat, I meant GGG. Hopefully something comes up before Friday.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Anyone have any experience with emberwake? I don't think I've ever seen any real discussion of the item post-release.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

How does More Melee Damage on Fuill Life work with Blood Magic & Cyclone? I know for most skills blood magic reduces your HP first so you would never get the bonus from being full life, but will cyclone's damage increase after you regen back to 100% hp mid cast? Or is cyclone's damage calculated at the start and remains the same for the entire cast?

I'm fairly certain it checks on skill use and not again; your HP will never be full at that point. This is a gem from another era of the game, pretend it doesn't exist.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Awesome! posted:

is that necessary with the prolif from elementalist? seems like a waste of a slot to me.

Without southbound you'll destroy everything you ignite and there is no prolif without a corpse.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Either you take no damage to maintain the free spells or you use another source of reduced mana cost (reduced mana gem, the vertex, etc.). If you use Eldritch Battery you'll never be on full energy shield when you cast a spell. That may not be true for the first spell you cast but everything subsequent will certainly not be on full ES.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

When SRSing, what about converting all cold damage from hatred to fire (like with pyre) and then taking emberwake?
I see most things that arent white mobs are ignited pretty much 24/7 due to the sheer number of fire based hits from the spirits.
Would emberwaking the srs do much for single target dps?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but none of the things you imagined would work. Minions, unlike totems and traps, do not take player stats into account unless those stats specify minions. The raging spirits would still deal cold damage and would not stack emberwake ignites.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

I've never quite understood why people dislike act 4 so much. I personally find it much much better than act 3.

For me the biggest issue is outside of the two Daresso zones (my favorite in the game) the entire act is visually exhausting. It's dark and it's red and a maze and it sucks. That's to say nothing of the huge leap in difficulty.

My biggest hope for act 5 is that the new maps are a hint of what's to come. If it's all ramparts and no Kaom's path it'll be a big success in my mind.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I would buy Path of Exile: Descent Champions. It only being a sometimes thing is such a shame.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Well I know what I'm doing next week.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

cancerianmoth posted:

Alright cool. Thank you. I knew about caustic arrow- pretty much every site lists the peculiar way the cloud works- though isn't the initial dmg of the arrow if it hits a monster affect the damage done by the cloud? So if it hits and crits, couldn't the damage of the cloud increase that way?

I believe the cloud has its own damage entirely separate from your hit. The gem info should say something to the effect of "deals x-x chaos damage", that is the cloud damage and is not affected by your hit.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

ok so a friend has badgered me into playing this game with him on the next league, and he only plays hardcore; someone suggest a build for me because this poo poo is impenetrable for a newbie. i'm thinking about tornado shot archer?

Play hardcore because it's the best and most fun. You should also probably make this guy your best friend.

Neversinks tornado shot guide is excellent with plenty of concessions for hardcore that as you get better at the game you can feel free to ignore.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I'm glad they decided not to specifically nerf Pathfinder nodes and are instead buffing other ascendancies. Now they just need to show Hierophant some love.

edit: If only Aylardex were a better item in general. I'm still going to put myself through it again though.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

poeurl.com/R7n

I whipped up a tree for this; any ideas on how viable it'd be? I'm mostly counting on Blade Flurry aoe reaching to the goddamn screen to keep me safe, I guess

I'm mostly trying to adapt this guide to blade flurry/melee which, idk, maybe that's a crazy bad idea?

Unless I'm missing something here you plan on using a dagger, claw, and one-handed sword skill with a bow and dual wielded?

Rashomon posted:

Pathfinder got a huge nerf though? Limiting flask recovery on crit makes it way weaker. Still probably decent though; it was the most powerful Ascendancy so probably more in line with the others now.

This is much worse for non-Pathfinder crit builds though.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

facepalmolive posted:

Brass Dome is more than just a fat stack of armor though -- I like it for the crit immunity so I can laugh at all those crit map mods in the face. It's my first time running a life/phys mitigation guy so what do I know!

I'm running Veruso's Battering Rams (shock immunity at max EC), but more max EC means it's harder to stay at 'max' EC all the time. Are more ECs worth less consistent shock immunity?

Endurance charges are much easier to keep at max than any other charge even without ascendancy help. The extra duration from taking nodes on the tree will also help manage that.

On Saboteur chat, a lot of its nodes are just bad. You really want the cruel ascendancy for mines or traps and the rest is chaff. The clearest example is explosives expert. It has largely the same effect as veteran bowyer but instead of the incredibly useful flask charges gained you take reduced damage from like 3 sources in the entire game. The tree just isn't designed around the reality of trappers.

nearly killed em! fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 24, 2017

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I'm on my phone and am extremely upset that I clicked that.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh no, 237 kilobytes of traffic gone forever.

I like to think the 4 seconds I spent looking at it were horribly wasted as well.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

In addition to delete Vinktar's I think there should be much more of a life buff than CI nerf. Rather than just a few percentage point buffs here and there I'd like to see more nodes have armor, evasion, leech rate, and especially life potion effectiveness.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

can we instead talk about the alternate character portraits? because i want a duelist portrait as sexy as the art on the passive tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Also, don't use Cast on Melee Kill.

If you must, you want to use passives, supports, and items that scale your spell and attack.

nearly killed em! fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 30, 2017

• Locked thread