Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
if you're going ignite wildstrike raider with immolate why aren't you using an Oro's Sacrifice??

lightning strike should be better in 3.0 because it hopefully wont lag you to gently caress when you attack more than once per 2 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

Part of what I shoulda been testing this patch is my hunch that with the minimap cleanup came a lot of doodad cleanup and that ground projectiles were finally getting a side buff with all that cleanup

it still won't go over cliffs though, which is the bigger problem. spectral throw is nicer to play with in general. i ended up swapping my oro's proj raider from lightning strike to spec throw because it felt better even if it's like half the dps but you dont have to worry about pierce or chain. there is probably a good chain lightning strike build somewhere but you don't want to use the gem so then you have to be Deadeye or use touch of anguish.

enraged_camel posted:

Is that what causes lag? Because I have a fast-attacking aoe-spamming ranger and the game is basically unplayable for me currently. I get huge lag spikes whenever there is lots of stuff on the screen, which either results in a death after the spike passes, or a disconnect. I tried multiple gateways and they all have the same issue.

yes, having lots of particle effects is what shits the game up. it looks like theyve fixed it for 3.0 though: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1916033

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Wezlar posted:

Whats a reasonable amount of DPS in PoB? I was fooling around with the build I want to do next league (varanastra dual cleave gladiator) and I was between 90-100k but that number doesn't really mean anything to me especially when I'm seeing numbers like 750k thrown around.

Your build with 90k DPS & whirling blades will probably clear faster (maps, probably not bosses) than the RF totem build will

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

funmanguy posted:

So new league on the 4th?

plan. ure. fucken. builds.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

You know, I've been thinking around Monkey's SR-CwC-Firestorm berserker, and Mathil's SR Ascendant-Trickster-Inquisitor, and I've been thinking, is there any way of building something that takes inspiration from both and filling in the other's weaknesses? Monkey's build has mediocre clearspeed and excellent single target, while Mathil has the opposite, so theoretically you could have a staff for clear and a weapon swap for a staff that boss/rare kills.

Or are their mechanics too different? Monkey builds for hits and leech tanks with a huge lifepool, while Mathil builds for DoTs and regen tanks.

Alternatively, you could simply keep a Pledge as a weapon swap. Though what's a good spell that has good fire/duration scaling?

I enjoyed the SR & RF Iron Will Inquis I made for Legacy. Tonnes of cast speed, regen and HP with Kaoms chest and boot (SR goes in Doon's, RF in helmet with that essence craft) and attack speed for shield charge.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

pokchu posted:

I'm sad that the flat damage on hyaons got reverted

oh well, i'll still probably do the hyaon's lightning strike deadeye i was planning to do at some point

that new trap armour has solved the problem of what armour i'll be using on the fire trap & lightning trap build i was planning anyway. hopefully not everyone is doing it & its not super rare

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

funmanguy posted:

I like the idea of making a summon skeletons dark pact build. Scale minion life and area damage and use minion instability had a big nuke. I am trying to wedge it all into a null's inclination, but that seems farfetched. Even so, nulls would have a 2L and a 4L, 2L is skellies+minion life, 4L is darkpact+some stuff probably. Blast rain or rain of arrows seem like the ideal choices for attack to trigger the gems. Without any jewels with minion life, just with whats in the tree and the gem, level 20 skellies would have about 4511 life. Using a level 20 darkpact would deal 471-571 base chaos damage, and a minion instability hit would be 1488 fire damage.

Alternatively drop nulls and using maligaro's lens and necromantic aegis to make them die easier, and give you some nice life regen. Could even see doing that as a blood magic build and use cwc+wither. Interesting skill.

i want to try dark pact totems hierophant but i cant get all the good ascendancy nodes for totems, mind over matter and the power charge generation :negative:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

TheRat posted:

generate powercharges with orb of storms

gently caress

how did i forget this

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Everyone working on their own secret doryani fist build? or just me?

doryanis fist dominating blow necromancer, using the glove skill for bosses :sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

moush posted:

Mostly cause that's the build that Pohx showcased on youtube, and the 40% damage and regen/speed you get from the ascendancy seems good. I'm not sure the build is viable w/o the items he has, which is why I'm asking here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NECWWPj80I

Like half the video is dedicated to him showing how the build can be done with no gear, no flasks, a purity of fire aura and spending your normal ascendancy points on the warcry heal

• Locked thread