Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Cinara posted:

Sadly no, that is one of the biggest skill types I feel like PoE is missing right now. There's no channeling beam skill, the closest is Incinerate which is more like a flamethrower and shorter range with a cone(especially with multi proj)

Hopefully the channeling changes in 2.4 mean we'll get one at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I feel like making a CI character this league. Maybe I'll go ED Occultist.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

whypick1 posted:

What he said. Public chat is where hopes and dreams go to die.

Except for channel 820(?), those people help out with challenges and such.

I know 820 does master rotations (because Forsaken Masters came out on August 20), they probably do challenges as well.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Nothing will ever beat "The touch... of GOD!" and "Shrink not from God!" for me.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Is enraging the rhoa boss worth it? Spent like 5 minutes killing him (admittedly with a map mod for ele resistance and having to avoid a lot) and he just dropped a bunch of lovely rares

You can enrage it right before it dies.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Phayray posted:

Just play ED/Contagion and don't give a gently caress about your gear, run t2 maps with 1500 hp at level 61, no problem

What do you use for single target?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ugh, I'm mid-20s and ED just feels so slow to level with even in a 3L. I know it gets better because I used it in Talisman but still.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

whypick1 posted:

I wish I could hate you to death

This guy in this one Discord server I'm in supposedly has only played for 6 days and in that time he's chanced a Skyforth's, gotten like 10 Doctor/Fiend drops, and 6 pure ex drops.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Awesome! posted:

is there some rule against cross league trading or are you just worried they will think its rmt

You can't do temp league/perma league stuff because the point of temp leagues is to give everyone an equal start and letting people with a billion ex on Standard use it to buy things in league would defeat that. Doing SC/HC is fine but GGG won't intervene if you get scammed.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Now that I'm actually gunning for level 90 for the first time I have to master the art of not dying.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

You.....You definitely should not play games like this.....>Where did you ever consider that with a bow and arrow that strength would be the correct stat out of strength, DEXTERITY, and intelligence .......I mean seriously.....your fault....Then you proceed to tell us you built a Bow and arrow Tank......where and when have you ever seen a "Tank" use a bow and arrow....get a life and stick to d3 where you only get one good build per character......you wanna talk about bad games........Lets talk about D3.......I don't even have to say anything everyone know it blows dogs for quarters......whoever designed that game is dense.....and obviously never played D2......Atleast in d2 and Poe the maps change intensly.......you cant just mindlessly run bosses.....the only one you can is a tough sob so props if you can do Dominus on merciless.....any other difficulty is a waste of time to farm.

Basically though man .....I'm usually not so insulting but I'm glad you dont like the game..... I'm glad I dont have to end up with you in my party tanking with a bow......

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

dangerdoom volvo posted:

The same but more uses of the word cuck

This wordfilter will never not be funny

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

JawnV6 posted:

How are prophecy chains supposed to work? I had the fellshire one, killed a bunch of bugs, never got a popup but it's gone from my (H) screen. Do I just keep buying new ones until II shows up or did I mess up completing the first?

The way it works is that eventually as you keep buying prophecies you'll get the next one in the chian.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I've been following a variation on this essence drain build using Occultist and Discipline/TC. I've got 11k ES with maybe 2ex investment in gear and I feel super tanky, it's great.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Bugsy posted:

Same here. I think the shaper gloves could be useful for it. 150 life for 600 dex seems like it would be quite good.

edit:

Ugh now I'm going to have to run Frostbolt/Vortex at some point.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Oodles posted:

Level 21 and just finishing up the bandit quests in act 2.

Do I really have to do this two more times :effort:

If it makes you feel any better, they're going down to 2 difficulties when act 5 comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sab669 posted:

Dumb question; can I Craft a mod onto a ring and then use an Orb to upgrade it's quality and still retain the Crafted mod?

Yes, regal orbs preserve all existing mods, including crafted ones. But you probably don't want to bother regaling stuff unless it's super super good or you know what you're doing.

• Locked thread