Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J
Jun 10, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Qual and Vaal for 23% then, bitch

Put it in your essence of insanity gloves too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

DaveWoo posted:

Seriously, why the hell is Bloodlines so popular?

More blue packs = better map sustain.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bob NewSCART posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/305germ/characters

could anyone take a look at my BV character and let me know if there's anything obvious that I could fix? I'm also wondering where I'm going to get a lot more of the damage I think I'm going to need to do some of the higher level content like t12+ and stuff like atziri/guardians.

I followed lifting's guide for the build from his channel, and he said he cleared up to and including shaper with it, although with a slightly modified version of the build(+1gems decay bow with a soulstrike) so I'm just curious where I can stack up more damage.

By far the most cost effective thing you could right now to boost your damage would be to buy a level 20 BV for 3c.

J
Jun 10, 2001

A 12345 macro shouldn't even be bannable anyway. They should make it so you can bind multiple flasks to the same key in the game options if you want to.

J
Jun 10, 2001

LeninVS posted:

Picked up a headhunter on my starforge cyclone raider.
Wondering how I can best use this thing?

Was thinking of making a new character that could make better use of it.

Basically the faster you clear the better headhunter becomes, but it is great on any build. A cyclone raider is pretty drat fast as is so you could use it fine on that build. If you really want to go faster than that then you'd want to look into vaal fireball or spark.

J
Jun 10, 2001

dyzzy posted:

I don't follow the dread thicket thing.

Sometimes they run patch notes through a markov chain generator and post the gibberish results. One time they did this it came up with "the dread thicket is always 50%" and it became a meme of sorts.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Life flasks are poopie.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I don't think they've said anything one way or the other yet about the possibility of a filler league. I think it will probably depend on how the expansion is coming along - the farther away it is I'd say the more likely they run some kind of filler league.

J
Jun 10, 2001

yes game good

J
Jun 10, 2001

Just don't be like some of my friends that say softcore is boring then proceed to rip 10 characters before getting to level 50 on any of them and quit the game because playing through normal is boring. :milk:

J
Jun 10, 2001

3.0 is going to have tons and tons of changes, I wouldn't start worrying about skills or builds until we have the complete list of everything that is changing.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I think we might need a new OP, and maybe several effort posts of our own about starter builds, because gently caress other forums

Ya, OP is way out of date. I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for either a) more concrete information about the expansion to make a new OP or b) someone else to get inspired and do all the work instead. :grin:

I thought about trying to keep a list of builds in the OP but it is just way too much effort to stay on top of, especially as things get buffed/nerfed or new interactions get discovered.

J
Jun 10, 2001

They try to hype up these events with these new fun sounding race types but then clog up the opening weekend with a 24 hour BLAMT race, run that poo poo later you fuckers :argh:

I hope they find a way to add asynchronous racing because I really want to try these uber beyond/breach but uhh there aren't that many of them and most of them will be when I'm at work. I kinda don't even give much of a poo poo about the racing part I just want to try some ridiculous mechanics that they'd never be able to do in a normal league.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If nobody has any interest in making an updated OP, I'll start working on putting a new one together now that we're going to be getting a lot more information about the expansion.

J
Jun 10, 2001

terrified of my bathroom posted:

is there any tips or tricks to doing well in races or is it all "know the layouts and don't die"

i want to see if i can at least try to get a chance at the beta key, since the supporter packs are just a bit out of my price range

Have your build planned out in advance. Know what gems you're going to be using at what level ranges. Get a racing focused item filter to help you pick up important things for your class and build. Don't wear body armor, it makes you move slower. Check vendors for move speed boots. Do all your inventory manipulation and skill point allocation while moving. Only kill big packs of mobs, don't get caught up killing stragglers. Don't spend any time farting around in town, at all.

Raiz and Helmann both have a lot of racing videos, including some with commentary that explains what they are doing.

J
Jun 10, 2001

myDad posted:

Is there a reason not to build around Viper Strike?

Viper strike is a single target melee skill, also referred to as a "namelock" skill. Meaning you have to click directly on every badguy to hit them. This tends to feel a lot worse to play than skills where you can just click in the general direction of the badguys and blow them all away from a distance. If you don't mind this, then by all means go ahead and try it.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If you really want to go fast with leap slam, equip a brightbeak and a prismatic eclipse with 3 green sockets in your weapon swap and try leap slamming around with that. Great for zooming through the lab.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah, it's like tempest/warbands where the mod on the zone is always the same for a given timeframe. Every hour the mayhem effect changes for a given area.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Here's a baron SRS guide the #2 guy in SSF HC mayhem used. He doesn't use zombies though, says they are too slow and the leech isn't relevant.

J
Jun 10, 2001

August 4th is sooner than I was expecting. I've got a new OP I've been working on off and on over the past few weeks, I'll see if I can start putting the finishing touches on it so I can get it posted before the expansion launches. One thing I'd like input on is how we can provide more useful information to new players about what class/build they should play. All throughout this thread new folks would come in and understandably be overwhelmed with the game and I'd like to be able to address as many of those types of questions in the OP as I can. But staying on top of beginner friendly build recommendations is a huge pain. Ideally I'd like to have one general "go-to" build guide for basic archetypes (melee, ranged, caster, summoner, etc), but drat there are so many builds. Not really sure what to include.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Also the commander of darkness effect itself is considered an aura, and scales with aura effect.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hey y'all I'm puttin the finishing touches on a new OP but what I really need a hand with is beginner friendly starter builds, preferably with a link to a build guide. I'm trying to put together a small collection of melee, ranged, caster, summoner, etc type starter builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

:siren: NEW THREAD POST HERE :siren:

• Locked thread